HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Jun 7, 2011, 10:33 PM
Twin Towers crusader

975 is big, however when compared to 1WTC it is small.
America and New York deserve to have twin towers again! I am boldly resisting the twin towers taboo enforcers - a.k.a. the bullies who harass folks on this forum just because they have different opinions than these bullies do!
Recipe for the best syrup in the world:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191318

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 2:22 AM

One thing I have thought about for a long time is that the rule for the new complex was that one building should be 1776 feet tall ok so far so good but WHY didn't they draw a building that the roof was in that height, roof 1776 feet tall. It's 403 feet tall missing I think. The real new 1wtc should have been like this: One world trade center 1776 feet tall, pinnacle 2179 feet tall or just do the pinnacle just under 2000 feet because of the nimbys in FAA.

In meters it will be 541 on the roof and 665 meters with the pinnacle, or if we just go under 2000 feet tall say 1999 feet tall it will rise 609 meters above ground pretty impressive and the the most IMPORTANT it would have been the second tallest skyscraper in the world for know Hallelulia

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 3:35 AM

1,776 feet is symbolic to the year America became independent.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2011, 7:13 AM
Twin Towers crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
One thing I have thought about for a long time is that the rule for the new complex was that one building should be 1776 feet tall ok so far so good but WHY didn't they draw a building that the roof was in that height, roof 1776 feet tall. It's 403 feet tall missing I think. The real new 1wtc should have been like this: One world trade center 1776 feet tall, pinnacle 2179 feet tall or just do the pinnacle just under 2000 feet because of the nimbys in FAA.

In meters it will be 541 on the roof and 665 meters with the pinnacle, or if we just go under 2000 feet tall say 1999 feet tall it will rise 609 meters above ground pretty impressive and the the most IMPORTANT it would have been the second tallest skyscraper in the world for know Hallelulia
I 100% agree with you. The roof height should have been 1776, not the pinnacle height. If it would be the roof height then it wouldn't look that small when compared to Asian skyscrapers.
America and New York deserve to have twin towers again! I am boldly resisting the twin towers taboo enforcers - a.k.a. the bullies who harass folks on this forum just because they have different opinions than these bullies do!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 12:22 AM

I mean obviously its too late for that now, but it definitely would have been interesting to see. I was thinking that it might look kinda too stretched out and awkward, but having made a rough geometry model of it in sketchup it actually looked pretty good.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 1:41 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSsocal View Post
. The area south of the WTC is almost dead, and with the skybridges and tight spaces today,.
I've been under the impression that Lower Manhattan is booming.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 1:50 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loqy Lion View Post
I've been under the impression that Lower Manhattan is booming.
Depends on where you are in Lower Manhattan, but the area south of the WTC does feel like back alleys, loading docks, and garage entrances. It is a small area, but it definitely feels dead.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 1:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Depends on where you are in Lower Manhattan, but the area south of the WTC does feel like back alleys, loading docks, and garage entrances. It is a small area, but it definitely feels dead.
Alright, 'cause I was going to say:

Beekman Tower
123 Washington Street
10 Barclay Street
Seven World Trade
200 West Street
8 Stone Street

with

One World Trade
Two World Trade
Three World Trade
Four World Trade
Fiterman Hall
Pace Dorms
Radison Financial
99 Church Street

on the way.

Seems to be doing alright.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 8:15 AM
Because I'm Clever!

^You forgot that goadawful Beaver building. That's south of Liberty, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
1,776 feet is symbolic to the year America became independent.
Yeah, but the funny thing is that really has nothing to do with the site. 2001 feet would have been symbolic. 1,971 feet would have been a better symbol. But, I understand the politics. Gov. Pataki was the worst kind of empty headed, flag-waving, let-go-my-durn-freedum-fryz idiot that this country had in abundance during the last decade. One would have hoped the height would get tweaked along with the name.

Ah well. Such is life.

Last edited by STR; Jun 11, 2011 at 8:29 AM.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 8:29 AM
Because I'm Clever!

whoops. Forgot I already hit enter.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 12:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR View Post
2001 feet would have been symbolic.
Yes! Much more symbolic than the 1,776. We weren't attacked because of our "freedom."

A 2,001 feet tower. No cheating with a spire. The spire could be added, sure, but I'd like to see 2,001 feet of pure hulking WTC mass.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 8:41 PM
Twin Towers crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loqy Lion View Post
Yes! Much more symbolic than the 1,776. We weren't attacked because of our "freedom."

A 2,001 feet tower. No cheating with a spire. The spire could be added, sure, but I'd like to see 2,001 feet of pure hulking WTC mass.
I 1000% agree with you. 1373 feet is way too small nowadays.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 8:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I 1000% agree with you. 1373 feet is way too small nowadays.
Nobody get me wrong- I am satisfied with what we are getting. Nobody else in the world has a complex like WTC is going to be, but I just think it could have been much better, which is a relative term, obviously, but you get my point.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2011, 9:02 PM
Twin Towers crusader

Yup, it could have been far better.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2011, 12:05 AM

I wonder what whould have happend if a rich arabic "oilman" came to New York and sayd to the people who is in charge of the city and their future, that I would like to build a skyscraper who will be taller then Burj Dubai who is 828 meters high = 2716 feet tall with 162 floors. What would the city say about that assumption. Just curious.

I saw Burj Dubai last summer and to a building I have never in my life been so impressed.
Do you all know what my first thougt was when I saw that 2716 feet tall skyscraper
I thoughted That what I want to be stand at the ground zero. Just a radical though.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2011, 9:47 AM
Twin Towers crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
I wonder what whould have happend if a rich arabic "oilman" came to New York and sayd to the people who is in charge of the city and their future, that I would like to build a skyscraper who will be taller then Burj Dubai who is 828 meters high = 2716 feet tall with 162 floors. What would the city say about that assumption. Just curious.

I saw Burj Dubai last summer and to a building I have never in my life been so impressed.
Do you all know what my first thougt was when I saw that 2716 feet tall skyscraper
I thoughted That what I want to be stand at the ground zero. Just a radical though.
It would really be nice if NY had the world's tallest building again. After all, it held this title for like a century. I would also like to see something supertall at the site of 5WTC. I would hate to see a small building like 7WTC or 4WTC be there

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 2:28 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Thread from the dead.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture