HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
Not sure how this is relevant to the topic of this thread, but for the millionth time, 'good weather' is entirely subjective. Some people don't care for the dryness and lack of greenery in Southern California. Also, coastal California has the most expensive real estate in the country, so it's not really comparable to a place like Cape Coral, which is a destination for middle class retirees.

I feel terrible for the people who had their homes destroyed in this storm, but I acknowledge that much of South Florida should have never been developed to the extent it is in the first place. I hope that people will learn from this catastrophe and that the growth in this area will slow.

It will be interesting to see if these anti-tax, anti-government spending folks who gravitate toward places like SW Florida will keep their beliefs now that they're the ones needing aid. I somehow doubt they will...
Be careful almost lumping in SW and SE Florida together. On the east side of the Everglades is a metro of 6million+ that leans left, while the other side where the storm hit, is what you speak of:

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions