HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 10:11 PM
Show me the blueprints

^It says they are combining operations at a plant in rural Ontario and keeping company HQ and R&D in Chicago at the Merch Mart.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 12:07 AM
Chicago

919 on Fulton - 919 W Fulton Market

March 19, 2024

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 12:07 AM
Chicago

812 W Adams

March 19, 2024

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 7:00 PM

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/comm...sidential-site

Former South Loop church site pitched as redevelopment opportunity
By Rachel Herzog

Quote:
A Chicago-area megachurch has put its shuttered South Loop campus up for sale, teeing up the site for a redevelopment play that could include hundreds of residential units.

Willow Creek Community Church ceased operations in February at its downtown location and has hired real estate brokerage CBRE to sell the property at 1319-1347 S. State St. While the one-acre site holds a low-slung building that includes offices, day care space and a 730-seat auditorium, prospective buyers are most likely eyeing the site for its proximity to a planned megaproject, The 78, and its potential for denser development.
Quote:
The site's zoning allows up to 200 residential units, and CBRE’s marketing materials play up the opportunity for a buyer to take advantage of the city’s Neighborhood Opportunity Bonus program. Doing that would let the buyer pay into a city fund and build up to 503 residential units.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 9:16 PM

^ I bet CMK buys it and puts up two 19-story boxes.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Grand Ave is finally feeling the Fulton Market boom. Proposal for a 61 foot, 72 unit building at 455 N Carpenter. This is across the street from Sterling Bay's development at 1100 W Grand

https://chicityclerkelms.chicago.gov...C-001DD80685D6
Crain's has a rendering. More Chicago infill should look like this. HPA is the architect:

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 10:08 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ well yeah.

It's all about facade depth.

Architects love to design it.

And developers love to VE it.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 11:43 PM
Chicago

919 on Fulton - 919 W Fulton Market

March 25, 2024

Old Posted Mar 26, 2024, 11:53 PM

https://www.costar.com/article/19781...s-on-the-scent

Closing Chicago Chocolate Factory Known for Sweet Aromas Puts Developers on the Scent

Blommer Facility in the River West Neighborhood To Be Sold After May

By Ryan Ori
CoStar News
March 26, 2024 | 4:10 P.M.

Quote:
Blommer Chocolate plans to end its 85-year tradition of sending candied aromas into Chicago’s River West in May, but real estate developers are getting a fresh whiff of the possibilities of the long-coveted site on Kinzie Street that's large enough to hold two residential high-rises.

After announcing plans last week to shut its four-story factory at 600 W. Kinzie St., Blommer now says it is headed toward an eventual sale of the 5.5-acre site that long has been eyed by property professionals.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:47 AM

Thanks - I thought announced they were moving from here a long while back and then I never heard anything again.

Sad to see them go but this will help clean up that awkward area and connect River North more with Fulton Market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
https://www.costar.com/article/19781...s-on-the-scent

Closing Chicago Chocolate Factory Known for Sweet Aromas Puts Developers on the Scent

Blommer Facility in the River West Neighborhood To Be Sold After May

By Ryan Ori
CoStar News
March 26, 2024 | 4:10 P.M.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:13 PM

Construction permits issued for 3951 N Wayne, 31 units. There's been a midrise mini-boom in the city the past year, probably because they're easier to get financing at the moment.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Construction permits issued for 3951 N Wayne, 31 units. There's been a midrise mini-boom in the city the past year, probably because they're easier to get financing at the moment.
Ooohhhh — hopefully that Burger King at Clark/Irving? Yep, it’s the BK. But woof, that site plan — they are saving those curb cuts mamma! Whatever, that intersection is beyond civilizing, I suppose; gas station, 70s towers-in-park, cemetery, cemetery make up the corners.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickellBased View Post
Thanks - I thought announced they were moving from here a long while back and then I never heard anything again.

Sad to see them go but this will help clean up that awkward area and connect River North more with Fulton Market.
They aren't *moving* everything. They are moving their HQ to Merchandise Mart. From an actual business perspective this is a wise move. It has nothing to do with cities or anything. That factory's location has become VERY valuable in terms of land values with everything going on nearby and what's planned nearby too. It makes complete sense for them to move their HQ operations to offices nearby, move manufacturing elsewhere (even consolidate to cheaper locations and expand potentially) and sell the land. They're sitting on tens of millions of dollars of land they can use to increase profit margins and probably not sacrifice too much in terms of manufacturing.

I would love to see them build a new factory in another part of the city or suburbs, but they already have a few factories elsewhere. We'll see what they do on that front but business-wise this makes actual sense to me what they're doing given the skyrocketing property values in that area.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Lincoln Park / Uptown infill

A couple small projects I passed today with active sites:

513 W Fullerton

Quote:
the site will be split up into nine separate lots, eight for single-family homes, two-flats, and one for a multi-unit building on a 20,175-square-foot lot at the center of the site accessed off an extended N Cambridge Avenue from W Fullerton Parkway. The remaining eight lots will consist of three fronting W Fullerton Parkway roughly 4,800 square feet in size, three fronting N Cleveland Avenue roughly 5,600 square feet in size with onehaving an extra 2,000-square-foot leg, and two-fronting N Cambridge Avenue roughly 5,000 square feet in size.

Concrete pour going on for this one. This is the view from Cleveland, so one of the single family homes.

5035 N Sheridan

BTW I hope these projects aren’t too small to post here. Just was happy to see some developments while I’m here touring apartments for my move (the name is misleading, I don’t live in Pullman). After I move I plan to use my drone to get some pics of the 400 N Lakeshore Drive site!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development