HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 7, 2021, 1:11 AM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Good technical stuff guys!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2021, 1:16 AM

I can make 3d visuals

Old Posted Dec 7, 2021, 11:22 PM
DENNAB

Cathedral 2 looks amazing, very happy with that design and height

Also, why is there a 1,200 and 1,095 foot tower on the diagrams page? Are these actual proposals or just visionary, I thought Schuylkill Yards was mostly mid-high rises. Anyway that would be insane...

Old Posted Dec 8, 2021, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Cathedral 2 looks amazing, very happy with that design and height

Also, why is there a 1,200 and 1,095 foot tower on the diagrams page? Are these actual proposals or just visionary, I thought Schuylkill Yards was mostly mid-high rises. Anyway that would be insane...
1200 foot tower is Transit Terminal Tower, which is part of the 30th Street Station District project. That project is highly conceptual and will likely undergo changes before built.

The Schuykill Yards Supertall is still a possibility.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2021, 6:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
CDR Submissions for December are up!

No highrises, but some nice looking projects in there.

https://www.phila.gov/departments/ph...blic-meetings/
The Germantown Ave. Mt. Airy building proposal is so gorgeous.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 9:39 AM

Visiting Philly for a week for the first time, it’s such a beautiful city! Not used to the cold though.. it hurts my ears. So much beautiful historic architecture and I love Market street with all the lights

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerellO View Post
Visiting Philly for a week for the first time, it’s such a beautiful city! Not used to the cold though.. it hurts my ears. So much beautiful historic architecture and I love Market street with all the lights
*Trigger Warning*

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
*Trigger Warning*

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, JerellO!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Glad you’re enjoying Philly! Hope the city continues to treat you well. Let us know if you need any recommendations.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 2:40 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad you're enjoying my city! I'm not sure where you've been so far, but be sure to check out Northwest Philly if you have a chance. It isn't too touristy (aside from Manayunk), and it provides for a nice change of pace from the denser parts of the city.

I actually visited your city for the first time last month. The trip itself was to LA, but I took the Pacific Surfliner down to San Diego for the day. What a mistake I made, as I liked San Diego better! It actually reminded me a lot of Philly, especially when I was in the North Park neighborhood. I very nearly elected to stay an extra night, but decided to cross into Mexico, explore Old Town and Balboa Park, try out several breweries in North Park, and have some fun in the Gaslamp. The next time I'm in Southern California, I think I'll head straight to SD!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Welcome to Philadelphia; the region has so much to see and do; so much history and art that you may find you can't see it in one trip. If the cold is a bother you may find spring and autumn to be excellent. Philadelphia is a truly unique place in North America so I hope you maximize every day and enjoy your visit.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 3:21 PM

Quote:
It's gonna be 70 tomorrow

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 3:23 PM
Me?!?

Re: the weather anymore all that you need to do is wait ten minutes, it will change. Case in point it's going to be near 70F tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
I'm so glad you're enjoying my city! I'm not sure where you've been so far, but be sure to check out Northwest Philly if you have a chance. It isn't too touristy (aside from Manayunk), and it provides for a nice change of pace from the denser parts of the city.

I actually visited your city for the first time last month. The trip itself was to LA, but I took the Pacific Surfliner down to San Diego for the day. What a mistake I made, as I liked San Diego better! It actually reminded me a lot of Philly, especially when I was in the North Park neighborhood. I very nearly elected to stay an extra night, but decided to cross into Mexico, explore Old Town and Balboa Park, try out several breweries in North Park, and have some fun in the Gaslamp. The next time I'm in Southern California, I think I'll head straight to SD!
Nice to hear someone else with the same opinion, as most people thought I was nuts when I said parts of SD reminded me of Philly. And parts of DT LA remind me of CC in some ways too.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2021, 5:10 PM

SD is the Philly of the west, IMO. Always has been. Its proximity to LA and general layout are reminiscent of home.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 12:56 AM

Having being raised in Philly and lived in San Diego for 30 years, they share the similarity of both being underrated due to their proximity to megabytes to the north. Both have vibrant urban cores without some of the headaches of their northern brethren.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2021, 4:56 AM

We have ITASIP, they have Grace and Frankie

case closed (I do like Grace and Frankie, but it aint hip).

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 2:50 AM

Quote:
What's this, some kind of love fest? Have we all forgotten how to be good Philadelpians. Cold, this ain't cold, get out of here. Next people will be telling us how clean our City is! As mayor Big Ed asked one time, we turning into a bunch of wimps?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2021, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
What's this, some kind of love fest? Have we all forgotten how to be good Philadelpians. Cold, this ain't cold, get out of here. Next people will be telling us how clean our City is! As mayor Big Ed asked one time, we turning into a bunch of wimps?
yeah its hardly been cold this December, above average almost every day. This is what four seasons looks like.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 3:00 PM

Spark Therapeutics plans $575M gene therapy manufacturing plant in University City

Quote:
Spark Therapeutics Inc. unveiled plans Friday to develop a $575 million, 500,000-square-foot gene therapy manufacturing plant on Drexel University’s campus in University City.

The 8-year-old company, acquired by Roche two years ago for $4.3 billion, signed a 99-year ground lease on a surface parking lot at 30th and Chestnut streets. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

"When we closed our deal with Roche, the whole idea was to be able to invest meaningfully in research and development and manufacturing to realize the full potential of gene therapy," said Jeffrey Marrazzo, co-founder and CEO of Spark. "This investment will enable us to assemble some of the best minds in gene therapy.… What's cool about this facility is we will manufacture all of the gene therapies for the entire Roche group here in Philadelphia."

Roche, a global health care company based in Basel, Switzerland, has grown to be the world's 29th largest company based on its $357 billion market capitalization. It intends to include Philadelphia on its list of worldwide product development sites.

Marrazzo said Spark, now at about 800 employees, expects to double its headcount over the next five years, with the manufacturing plant housing "north of 500" workers — a mix of new jobs and transfers from other locations.

With this latest project, Spark — spun out of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in 2013 — will eventually occupy an urban campus totaling upwards of 1 million square feet in University City and further solidify that neighborhood, and Philadelphia, as a hub for life sciences and ground-breaking innovation.

Marrazzo noted the proposed manufacturing plant when combined with the company's other Philadelphia locations in University City will create a de-facto production line where gene therapy research, process development, and manufacturing will take place near each other.

Spark has a small manufacturing operation at 3737 Market St., where the company has 28,000 square feet of space that includes its corporate headquarters. It also occupies 58,587 square feet at 3000 Market St. as well as the Bulletin building at 3025 Market St., which is a 282,709-square-foot building.

"I don't get too excited but this feels like a real moment," said John Fry, president of Drexel. "This is not just a real estate deal. It's something far more and expansive of that."

Spark's new manufacturing facility is not part of either Schuylkill Yards or uCity Square.

"In addition to anchoring Schuylkill Yards, putting a $600 million into a manufacturing facility on what has been a vacant lot since Abbott's Dairy closed is quite wonderful," Fry said. "It brings all of the institutions closer together."

The university plans to eventually establish the Drexel Spark Institute, which will be an integral part to Drexel co-op program. It will expose students and faculty to the groundbreaking work and research Spark is doing and prepare a workforce for those life sciences jobs.

Construction of Spark’s new gene therapy innovation center is expected to start in the fourth quarter of 2022.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...ia-drexel.html

Old Posted Dec 17, 2021, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Spark Therapeutics plans $575M gene therapy manufacturing plant in University City

Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...ia-drexel.html
WOW.

It's happening.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations