HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 2:11 AM

A terrible night photo from last week

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 6:24 PM

I've never seen any of this, so pardon me if you have

Site map:

Sites Under Development:

Waterfront Park

11 Cooper Street - Apartment Building

Hilton Garden Inn (One Penn Street)

American Water HQ (One Water Street)

Camden Tower (One Riverside Drive)

Proposed Sites:

77 Water Street

Two Penn Street

55 Water Street (Option 1) - with waterfront residential site on the left

55 Water Street (Option 2) - with waterfront residential site on the right

One Victor Place

http://thecamdenwaterfront.com/

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 6:42 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^^^
I believe LPT is out and this was their concept and two of the building were built. Anyone know if the rest in the concept will be built and by who since LPT is pulling out now. Also, have to admit, it was a nice concept-want to see if come to full realization. Would of done wonders for Camden. Camden needs this kind of uplifting IMHO.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 7:07 PM

Looks like marketing material for LPT' sale.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2018, 7:21 PM

Is a key developer’s departure a major setback for Camden’s waterfront?

(key quotes)

Quote:
Across Delaware Avenue, on land that had been vacant for decades, a 156-unit apartment complex called 11 Cooper is rising fast. A block south and west, the glass-clad corporate headquarters of American Water and the 18-story Camden Partners Tower office building are rapidly approaching completion.

But last week Liberty Property Trust, the marquee developer of 25 central waterfront acres since 2015, announced it will divest itself of the unused portions of its Camden holdings — three sites for office buildings and one earmarked for residential development — as well as its interests in about a dozen Center City and Philadelphia Navy Yard buildings.

Liberty already has completed most of the infrastructure, including new streets and stormwater management systems. It also has an agreement with a developer to construct an 180-room Hilton Garden Inn overlooking the Delaware River north of American Water, and is in serious negotiations with potential tenants or buyers for one of the remaining office sites, he said.

Nevertheless it's difficult to see Liberty's departure as good news — particularly given that the company in July wrote down the value of its $80 million Camden project by $26 million. CEO William P. Hankowsky, who worked for the city in the 1970s and early '80s as community development director, cited less-than-robust demand for waterfront office space as the major reason.

This is no small achievement anywhere and especially, in Camden, where even modest undertakings often prove excruciatingly complex and setback-prone, or at the very least slow to reach fruition.

Take the proposed Ruby Match Factory office project proposed by Razak for his landmark building, which is in surprisingly good condition. "Renovation Will Start Next Year" a headline boldly predicted — on Nov. 18, 2015.

Many nibbles but no bites thus far. So the old match factory is up for sale, but "we're continuing to talk to [prospective] tenants," said Razak, who also developed the Philadelphia 76ers training complex.

Kolluri said concerns about the scheduled June 30, 2019 sunset of the Grow NJ program was somewhat allayed by Gov. Murphy's announcement of a statewide economic development plan earlier this month. The plan calls for providing tax incentives for economic development in a different format that would require legislative approval, EDA spokeswoman Virginia Pellerin said.

Kolluri also cited what he called "the next big thing" expected to boost redevelopment in urban areas: The Trump administration's Opportunity Zone program.
http://www2.philly.com/philly/column...-20181026.html

Old Posted Nov 7, 2018, 6:07 AM

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 3:44 AM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Wow TK, I hadn’t realized the visual impact of the new Camden waterfront building that far south.

Very cool

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-Drew View Post
Wow TK, I hadn’t realized the visual impact of the new Camden waterfront building that far south.

Very cool
I actually didn't expect to see that, it was my first time seeing it from that spot. I was walking down the street and I looked to the left said, "Oh shit, there it is!" Here's some shots from my Philly trip on Wednesday

Philadelphia Trip 11/07/2018 by Thomas Koloski, on Flickr

Last edited by TK2001; Jun 17, 2019 at 1:23 PM.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2018, 4:08 AM

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 7:18 PM

American Water’s new Camden headquarters opens for business in first for waterfront tract

Quote:
American Water Works Co. executives joined government officials Tuesday to mark the official opening of the utility’s new Camden headquarters, the first project to reach completion on a 26-acre waterfront development site seen as key to the struggling city’s revitalization.

The publicly traded utility chose the site because of its Delaware River views, the opportunity it offered to participate in formerly industrial Camden’s hoped-for turnaround, and the branding synergy of a “1 Water St.” address, chief executive Susan Story said in an interview after the ribbon-cutting.

American Water previously had corporate offices spread among multiple South Jersey locations. It also had considered headquarters options in Camden’s Gateway District office park — formerly a Campbell Soup Co. plant — and at the Navy Yard in South Philadelphia.

It was awarded $164.2 million from the state’s Grow New Jersey Assistance Program to support the five-story, 220,000-square-foot Camden waterfront project.

“By being here, we’re going to bring people from all over the world,” she said. “I just think it’s wonderful that we can highlight Camden and the Southern New Jersey region by showing we’re at the center of all that.”

Other projects in the works in the waterfront development, which remains largely controlled by the Wayne-based developer Liberty Property Trust, include an 18-story headquarters building for South Jersey firms Conner Strong & Buckelew, the Michaels Organization, and NFI, and a 156-apartment housing complex being developed by Michaels.

After the planned construction of a 180-room Hilton Garden Inn hotel by the Phoenix-based Ensemble Investments LLC on a waterfront parcel just north of the American Water building, three development tracts will remain available at the site, Liberty chief executive William P. Hankowsky said after the ribbon-cutting.

Liberty, which announced in October that it was phasing out its office-construction business to focus on warehouse projects for shipping-and-logistics tenants, will seek buyers for the remaining sites, rather than developing them for future occupants itself as had been part of its plan when it entered a deal for the property in 2015, Hankowsky said.

The company’s last remaining office-development project after its completion of the American Water building is a research-and-development facility for the Shanghai-based pharmaceutical company WuXi AppTec at the Navy Yard’s central business park, where Liberty completed its first of 12 buildings in 2015.

“When you now forever look at the Camden waterfront, you’ll think about Liberty. But, on the other hand, we’re doing extremely well in the logistics business," Hankowsky said. “We’re sure not out of creating physical realities. They’re just different realities.”

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 4:14 PM

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 9:58 PM

I more or less understand why its there, but all that structured parking is a bit of a surprise. On the Pa side of the river parking garages are being torn down (slowly) and in NJ they are being built.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
I more or less understand why its there, but all that structured parking is a bit of a surprise. On the Pa side of the river parking garages are being torn down (slowly) and in NJ they are being built.
I hope as/if development starts happening closer to downtown Camden (where there's more public transit), there aren't any above-ground parking garages. They can really kill an area.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2018, 4:30 PM

Did I miss something ??
Is there a start date for the second taller tower ( i.e. 350 ' ) or is it on hold

Old Posted Dec 13, 2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Great View Post
Did I miss something ??
Is there a start date for the second taller tower ( i.e. 350 ' ) or is it on hold
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that it's on hold after all the losses LPT had with this project.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that it's on hold after all the losses LPT had with this project.
What losses? Is there an article somewhere detailing them?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanGrad View Post
What losses? Is there an article somewhere detailing them?
Here is an article about that
http://www2.philly.com/philly/busine...-20180724.html

Quote:
Liberty Property Trust has written down the value of its sprawling Camden waterfront development project by $26 million amid less-than-anticipated demand for office space at the site and the prospect that state tax breaks used for job creation there won't be renewed.

Liberty chief executive William P. Hankowsky said in a conference call with analysts Tuesday that the "impairment," accounting for almost a third of the company's $80 million investment, was necessary to accurately reflect the value of the Camden project under current circumstances.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frbrown View Post
And now I realize there is a very similar article at the top of this page. Lol. But thank you! That's a shame.

As a Camden County native who grew up going to Riversharks games and the aquarium, I'm rooting hard for this city's renaissance. I occasionally perform deliveries to City Hall for my company and definitely see potential for a vibrant downtown in the general area bounded by the river, 676, and Lanning Square. It could become a mini Arlington if it gets a few breaks. At the very least for now, I feel more comfortable walking around Camden than I ever thought I would based on its rep.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 4:27 PM

I think they just overestimated the returns they could get on the project. The lower returns than estimated are likely what led to the value engineered designs.

I think the other projects will come. We know the hotel is coming. That leaves one more residential building site and 4 more office building sites, right?

We also know Liberty Property Trust is backing out of the office building game entirely. They’re even selling the Navy Yard in South Philly.

One of the office building sites may be switched to residential or hotel, but I’m a firm believer that the rest of the site will be built out.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2018, 4:09 AM

Save the SS United States!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive