HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Spiral in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 10:09 AM

Old Posted Apr 20, 2022, 5:31 PM

Bravo

What a shot!!!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 1:03 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 6:08 AM
I‘m a new member.

One of my most anticipated buildings in 2022.Others are 50 HY and 111 W 57th st.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 8:50 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 7:45 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-hudson-yards

HSBC Signs Deal to Move U.S. Headquarters to NYC’s Hudson Yards
Bank will relocate to Tishman Speyer’s Spiral from Fifth Avenue in 2024, even as it shrinks its Manhattan real estate footprint.

ByNatalie Wong
May 2, 2022

Quote:
HSBC Bank USA has agreed to move its headquarters to a tower that’s nearing completion in Manhattan’s Hudson Yards district.

The U.S. subsidiary of the London-based bank has signed a 20-year lease for 265,000 square feet (24,620 square meters) at the Spiral, a 65-story skyscraper that’s being built by Tishman Speyer, according to a statement Monday. HSBC expects to relocate from its current offices, at 452 Fifth Ave., in January 2024.

The bank’s space will span three floors, with a two-tier outdoor terrace offering views of the Hudson River. HSBC also will open a street-level wealth center at the property, located at 66 Hudson Blvd. near West 35th Street.
Quote:
”We believe it is the right time to relocate our hybrid workforce to a headquarters designed for the future,” Michael Roberts, HSBC’s U.S. and Americas chief executive officer, said in the statement. “This new space demonstrates our commitment to the U.S. and is an investment in strengthening our employee and customer experience.”
Quote:
Companies in the market for space have been favoring buildings that are newly built or have been redeveloped, with a focus on employee-friendly features and easy access to transportation. Citadel, Blackstone Inc., Verition Fund Management and Meta Platforms Inc. are among firms that have either signed leases recently or have been exploring an expansion in the city.

The 1,031-foot (314-meter) Spiral is 70% leased to companies including Pfizer Inc., which will have its global headquarters at the tower, law firm Debevoise & Plimpton LLP and AllianceBernstein Holding LP. The building has 2.8 million square feet of offices and retail space, with cascading terraces and hanging gardens. Tenants are expected to start moving in by summer.

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 8:11 PM
BANNED

NY is the Field of Dreams. If you built it, they will come.

Old Posted May 7, 2022, 3:07 AM
I‘m a new member.

Does anyone have interior photos or ground floor plan?

Old Posted May 10, 2022, 9:20 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted May 23, 2022, 5:33 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 6:24 PM

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 1:04 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoic View Post
"New York's Tallest New Skyscraper Explained"

Somebody needs to correct them on that.

Video Link

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 1:06 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
"New York's Tallest New Skyscraper Explained"

Somebody needs to correct them on that.

Video Link
Fantastic and informative video! Thanks for posting that!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 12:29 PM

I finally walked by this a few weeks ago. Man, this is in my top 5 ugliest buildings in the city. Wish we had something else in its place.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 12:56 PM

^I'm just going to assume you've only seen 5 buildings in the city then

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steyin View Post
I finally walked by this a few weeks ago. Man, this is in my top 5 ugliest buildings in the city. Wish we had something else in its place.
I don't hate it but I don't love it either. I don't understand the general sentiment on this forum among those that love this thing. It's a very tall and boring glass box with one unique feature. Perhaps someone could explain the positive attributes of the design or quality of materials to me. Otherwise, it's just kind of there and bleeds into the seas of blue glass in Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 2:31 PM

It's plain but there's nothing wrong with that. Really just infill for Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
It's plain but there's nothing wrong with that. Really just infill for Hudson Yards.
We must have a different definition of "infill." This thing takes up a whole city block and is a supertall.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildThemTaller View Post
We must have a different definition of "infill." This thing takes up a whole city block and is a supertall.
We don't really need to. Its size says nothing about it being infill. It's a very plain jane, regular, boring design.
Though if we really want to get into semantics "infill" is kind of a subjective term really.
Or one of the terms is. I'm finding lots of different definitions so I could very well be wrong here.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
We don't really need to. Its size says nothing about it being infill. It's a very plain jane, regular, boring design.
Though if we really want to get into semantics "infill" is kind of a subjective term really.
Or one of the terms is. I'm finding lots of different definitions so I could very well be wrong here.
It does not help that it is next to few other boring boxy buildings, namely the Foster (50 HY) and 55 HY. It seems that quite a few HY buildings are mostly square fattish, which makes a mostly uninspiring cityscape. The immediate surrounding proposals and constructed skyscrapers are also similarly square fattish - as if the developers want to maximize the amount of space they can get. I hope phase 2 has more variety of buildings in both height and shape, but we'll see.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive