HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Nov 29, 2020, 11:07 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Sacramento Courthouse Construction Webcam

(error)

Last edited by urban_encounter; Nov 30, 2020 at 2:34 PM. Reason: Deleted link.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 4:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post

Your link is busted; forwards to a spam site.

https://www.sacramentocourthouseconstruction.com/webcam

Direct link here:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/clarkcon...entocourthouse

Old Posted Nov 30, 2020, 2:34 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbender View Post

Thank you.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 6:23 PM

So no news on the 15 story Canopy hotel and the 15 story 10th and K by Mohanna? Groundbreaking are suppose to happen this year 2020

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
So no news on the 15 story Canopy hotel and the 15 story 10th and K by Mohanna? Groundbreaking are suppose to happen this year 2020
Were these actually given the green light or are they still "concepts"? 2020 has probably messed a lot of plans up.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 8:32 PM

They submitted plans and has been approved.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 11:28 PM
NIMBY Hater

Top Housing Markets for 2021 - Realtor.com

Last edited by Schmoe; Dec 11, 2020 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Previously posted by Andy in Chit Chat

Old Posted Dec 31, 2020, 12:11 AM

SKK plans seven-story project in Midtown Sacramento
By Ben van der Meer – Staff Writer, Sacramento Business Journal
December 30, 2020

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...n-midtown.html

Quote:
...On the southwest corner of 18th Street and Kayak Alley, SKK has proposed a seven-story project of apartments, retail and office space on a .14-acre parcel...

Kolokotronis said the first and second floor would be retail/restaurant and office space, topped by 25 market-rate apartments in the five floors above. His own development firm, currently in a live-work loft across 18th Street in his 1801 L project, will occupy the office space, he said....
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
  • The address is 1116 18th Street.
  • Current Site: Former Alfa Romeo repair shop, now used as a barber shop. The site is only about 1/10th or even 1/12th of a block. Pretty small, but nice infill for Mid-Town.
  • Historic Building?: It is not on the city's list; but due to the age, a review will automatically be triggered. Given that Alfa Romeo is an Italian brand and knowing their reliability, that building probably rendered at least 20 million services during its heyday. I'm sure wburg and crew will find it to be kitschy and hip enough to try and save. j/k
  • Total number of floors: 7 stories.
  • Retail/Restaurant Space: Yes, on the first floor. 3,490 square feet. Will be built as a shell for a future tenant.
  • Office Space: Yes, on the second floor. Will be SKK's new office.
  • Housing: Floors 3-7.
  • Unit Mix: (8) Studio Units; (15) One Bedroom Units; & (5) Two Bedroom Units.
  • New Parking: No. There will be (16) long-term and (8) short-term parking spaces in the 1801 L Street development, nearby, dedicated to this project.
  • Timeframe: SKK says that they want to start construction in late 2021, and it should take 18-20 months to build.

Current Site (on 18th Street, mid-block between the alley and L Street):

Project Drawing (by C2K Architecture, Inc. out of Portland, OR):

There was also some additional information about SKK's other proposals and projects under construction:
  • SKK's 5-story proposals on 16th/J and 17th/J should begin construction during the second half of 2021.
  • Also, phase 1 of the super-large Arden Gateway project, which would have 700+ apartments at build out, should be far along enough by June for tenants to start moving in.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2020, 12:51 AM

The CSUS Area Keeps Gettin' Proposals

In other news...

Folsom/Elvas gets proposal for 143 student housing units
December 30, 2020

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...-proposal.html

Quote:
Single-story commercial buildings near the intersection of Folsom Boulevard and Elvas Avenue in Sacramento would make way for a six-story student housing project, under a new proposal with the city.

Proposed by Opus Development Co. of Minnetonka, Minnesota, the 143-unit project would make more than a half-dozen new projects under construction or planned and aimed at college students in the neighborhoods around California State University Sacramento.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
  • Developer: Opus Development Co.
  • Site Location: 6661 Folsom Blvd. and 6670 Elvas Ave.
  • Current Site: Car Wash, Taqueria and a vacant commercial building. It's a triangular property that comes to a point where Elvas Ave. meets Folsom Blvd. At 1.4 acres, it's probably equivalent to a half a city block?
  • Historic Buildings?: Maybe. The Taqueria looks to be an old, mid-century drive-thru joint. The Mid Mods could raise a fuss. Maybe the developer could give them an Eames Lounge Chair, a few packs of Sen-Sen, a bottle of bourbon, and a carton of cigarettes without the Surgeon General's warning; and then they'll go away and get off on themselves.
  • Proposal Height & Size: 6 Floors and 192,783 square feet.
  • Ground Floor Retail: I am not sure, but it does not look like there will be any retail or restaurant space. The article doesn't make any mention of retail space; and it says that even the first/ground floor will have apartment units. I don't like this. A few of the open proposals for that area, all of them around 5-7 floors, don't seem to include retail or restaurant space. They have tenant amenities, but probably zero commercial space. I prefer projects that aren't just prisons for housing students. I like projects that attract the entire community, even if they are geared for students. It adds life to the street around the building.
  • Parking: Yes. 16,000+ square feet of it.
  • Unit Mix - 143 Units: (15) Studios; (15) One-bedroom units; (48) Two-bedroom units; (10) Three-bedroom units; and (55) Four-bedroom units.
  • Total Number of Beds: 376.

Current Site (from Elvas Ave. & Folsom Blvd.):

Proposal Drawing by Opus AE Group, LLC (view looks to be Folsom Blvd & 66th Street):

Old Posted Jan 12, 2021, 3:00 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Kings are selling Lot X for 17 million. Too bad nothing will happen with covid now. Office leases are way down and so is the desire to be downtown. 5 or 6 story residential perhaps? Lol

Old Posted Jan 12, 2021, 5:27 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Kings are selling Lot X for 17 million. Too bad nothing will happen with covid now. Office leases are way down and so is the desire to be downtown. 5 or 6 story residential perhaps? Lol
Thankfully a building that size wouldn't likely pencil out with a land cost that high.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 5:18 PM

Downtown Sacramento 14-story hotel project to start this year
January 13, 2021

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...this-year.html

Quote:
Construction of a 14-story Canopy by Hilton hotel in Downtown Sacramento at Ninth and L streets is slated to be underway by midyear, according to the developer.

Eva Hill, CEO of Venture Oaks Real Estate Group, has filed for both a demolition permit of an existing two-story building on the site at 831 L St. and a building permit for what will be a 265-room hotel with a rooftop lounge and 55 luxury apartments.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
  • Location is the Northwest corner (I think) of 9th and L Streets.
  • Expected opening date is early 2023.
  • The building would have a ground floor bar and restaurant.
  • Parking? Yes. One level of below grade parking.
  • The developer thinks the hospitality industry will make a comeback; so there is good reason to start construction.
  • Although there are 4 new hotel projects (3 of them are almost finished) to provide lots of competition, the developer cites a newly-expanded convention center as a strong source of increased demand for rooms.
  • The developer still does not have a general contractor or a projected cost. This makes me think that the project is still in the "We'll See..." category. If you don't have a GC or a cost, it's kinda hard to get the monetary investment.

This would be a nice project for that ugly corner. Yes, I would rather it be 24 floors, with double the housing; but I'll take it.

If we could just clean up the remaining vacant, ugly properties on that block, and do something with the old bus terminal a block to the west, I'd be really happy.

PRESUMED LOCATION:

PROJECT DRAWING:

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 5:49 PM

Yes I also wish it was 72 floors but at least it's not another 5-6 story block and at least it includes more luxury condos.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 6:29 PM

The 15 story by 10 and K street by Mohanna should start construction this year as well.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 6:37 PM
NIMBY Hater

These will be great infill projects.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
The 15 story by 10 and K street by Mohanna should start construction this year as well.
Any info on this? I have not seen any articles about this project since pre-covid.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Any info on this? I have not seen any articles about this project since pre-covid.
Just to add my 2 cents...

The last time I heard about Nikki Mohanna's 10th & K Street project (appropriately name, "10K"), it was in the SBJ's "Redefining the Core" series of articles, which were published May/June 2020. The downtown-related article noted that construction was "likely" to begin in Q1 2021. However, it also said the Project Cost was yet to be determined. Also, I haven't seen any notice regarding the General Contractor.

Upon its proposal I thought 10K had a good chance, since it included very high-density, smalller housing units (as well as a hotel). However, the "COVID Density Scare" and reduced travel may derail 10K and it almost certainly delayed it. Frankly, I think density in general (including office and housing) will make a comeback, though it may get some tweaks. Working from home, in a detached single family unit just isn't an option for many people. Plus, I doubt most people are as productive working from home as they are at an actual workplace. It may take some time to find a happy medium, however.

We'll see.

Maybe kamehameha has seen a more-recent article, or has some inside info?

Last edited by snfenoc; Jan 20, 2021 at 3:58 AM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 10:36 PM

Great addition to downtown and will help the city potentially host an NBA or MLS all star game in the future!

Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 9:43 PM

Any word on John Saca and his projects? And did we lose our soccer stadium thread ? just wondering when construction begins ?

Old Posted Jan 20, 2021, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatone82 View Post
Any word on John Saca and his projects? And did we lose our soccer stadium thread ? just wondering when construction begins ?
John Saca?!?! Who the hell is he? Hahaha.

Saca is pretty much a non-factor at this point.

CalPERS now owns the old Towers on Crapitol Mall site... as they have for the past 12 years. They are taking their time to find a good project for the site. CalPERS had partnered with CIM Group many years ago to come up with something. There were a couple different drawings of a 35-ish story mixed-use building. However, CalPERS fired CIM Group a couple years later. Since then, I haven't heard much in relation to marketing the site or making attempts to lure in a main tenant. I assume CalPERS still would like to build a mixed-use tower (office + housing + hotel). Frankly, I don't think they care to put much effort into the "hole in the ground" right now.

Saca's J Street Metropolitan proposal is probably dead as originally planned. Sotiris Kolokotronis took the lead away from John Saca in July 2018. Saca may still be involved as a "silent," "silent," "go over there and sit in the corner" partner; but I don't think he has much of a say. I haven't heard much about the Metropolitan since that time. Keep in mind, SKK Development is in the middle of multiple other projects and proposals right now. It seems that SKK likes to build a couple projects, lease them up, sell them, and then move on to the next couple of projects. Whatever ultimately gets built on 10th and J, I'm 90% sure it won't be more than 20 floors; and I am 75% sure it won't be more than 14 floors.

Sacramento Republic FC pushed back the stadium development a few months ago. Currently, they're saying construction should begin this Spring and end in 2023. They're also saying the Republic's first MLS season will be in 2023. We'll see... There seems to be some issue involving the owner, Ron Burkle, either agreeing to pay the $200 million expansion fee, or finalizing agreements with the MLS. There was a "bad news" rumor going around a couple weeks ago, but the Republic said that things were fine.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area