HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 12:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Today is the National Day of Reconciliation, I hope you take the opportunity to attend some of the activities, expand your mind and your capacity for compassion. Head out to the U of M and visit the centre for truth and reconciliation, enquire about walking with the Bear Clan group. Make an effort.
I identify as Métis so you can kiss my ass!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
i guess the Metis pass makes it all better now

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
I don't care what your race is. What I do care about is you spreading racism on this forum or anywhere and I'm not going to apologize to anyone for calling you out on it. One thing I am shocked about though is you seem to be able to come on here and spew hate with impunity. Mods? Iajs?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 7:47 PM

Whoever is moderating this place is probably a racist and/or agrees with this guys standpoints. I made a comment pointing out his resembling a cartoon villain, and my post was wiped. Meanwhile he tells someone to kiss his ass and his post stays up. Figure that one out.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 8:00 PM

I think it would be cool if portage place had retail right on the street instead of it all being inside.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post
I think it would be cool if portage place had retail right on the street instead of it all being inside.
All the storefronts along portage had access to the street back when PP opened. They locked them all up as it was too easy for shoplifters. PP was beautiful when it opened, I still miss the little M&S, but I really miss the IMAX.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 2:34 PM

when I went to uofw in 2003-04 PP was sketchy but it had some hustle and bustle to it with the staples and other stores and restaurants i still felt somewhat safe there but now boy oh boy its just sad.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
when I went to uofw in 2003-04 PP was sketchy but it had some hustle and bustle to it with the staples and other stores and restaurants i still felt somewhat safe there but now boy oh boy its just sad.
Portage Place doesn't feel unsafe now (security does a good job there) so much as it just feels straight-up abandoned. The food court and Service Canada are the only remaining sources of hustle and bustle in there.

The Portage Place that I remember from my youth in the 90s seems like a lost Shangri-La now.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Portage Place doesn't feel unsafe now (security does a good job there)
I agree, security does do a good job. The back doors do feel a bit sketchy though. I know women have been harrassed there recently.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post
I agree, security does do a good job. The back doors do feel a bit sketchy though. I know women have been harrassed there recently.
me and my buddy gene have some graphic and not pleasant stories from the washrooms there and waiting for a bus across air canada building i wont go into detail as its too gross but the place needs help.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2022, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
me and my buddy gene have some graphic and not pleasant stories from the washrooms there and waiting for a bus across air canada building i wont go into detail as its too gross but the place needs help.
Yeah, the whole area specially behind PP along Ellice needs help.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2022, 5:00 PM

It's a new month and I see that some more PP food court tenants have bit the dust, including longtime staples Manchu Wok and Taco Time. The Japanese place is closed but I'm not sure if that's a permanent thing or not.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2022, 2:10 PM

Was at PTE the other night. At 6:30 on a Tuesday the mall was completely dead. With random barricades set up in the middle of the main walkway on the second level. Was admonished by the security guards for moving them. I should have taken the detour apparently. Which forces you to walk around past the escalators. In my defence there were also barricades set up there too. Absolutely ridiculous for 6:30 on a weeknight. I could understand if it was midnight… regardless, absolutely pathetic for a skywalk system that is supposed to connect people who live and work downtown.

Finally made it to TNS and was really underwhelmed by the hargrave street market. It’s a nice space, but it was just as dead as portage place. I finally tried yardburger. It too was underwhelming, nuburger is way way better in my opinion. I love their burgers.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2022, 2:43 PM

Hargrave Market is packed on game days. Otherwise ya I assume it's dead like most of downtown is on a Wednesday evening.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2022, 2:47 PM

The one and only time I went to Hargrave Market was on a random non-game weeknight last winter and it was surprisingly busy... I was expecting it to be empty. Is it no longer pulling in the evening crowds?

Old Posted Nov 17, 2022, 3:42 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
The one and only time I went to Hargrave Market was on a random non-game weeknight last winter and it was surprisingly busy... I was expecting it to be empty. Is it no longer pulling in the evening crowds?
I've always found it to be busier than I was expecting. I think they've made a decent go at it so far
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Nov 17, 2022, 4:03 PM
What could go wrong?

I've been there a few times over the past two weeks and found it to be fairly busy. Busier than I would have thought. Game nights are really busy.

I have yet to speak to anyone who hasn't really liked it.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Nov 17, 2022, 4:39 PM

Went to Gusto North last weekend for a birthday dinner on Friday night, it was great. The market was moderately busy. Most times I go there’s lots of people but admittedly it’s almost always on a weekend.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2022, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I've been there a few times over the past two weeks and found it to be fairly busy. Busier than I would have thought. Game nights are really busy.

I have yet to speak to anyone who hasn't really liked it.
I do hate the fact the market is on the second floor. There could be 200 people up there and you wouldn't know it on the street nor in the plaza.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2022, 5:19 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB View Post
I do hate the fact the market is on the second floor. There could be 200 people up there and you wouldn't know it on the street nor in the plaza.
Agreed
Federalist #10, James Madison

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan