HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 5:04 PM
[sub]urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
650 West Colfax - Formal Site Development Review - 7 stories - 356 units
Thanks for sharing. What is 650 W Colfax? I thought the City had purchased those parcels for expanded courthouse operations or something? Wasn't aware a multifamily deal was making it's way through. Any visuals? Can't seem to find any...at least free stuff.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 10:52 PM
Ground Scraper

Anyone know what's up with this project? Such a prime location, good looking project, designg by a reputable architecture firm, but they've literally had a disassembled crane sitting on site for several years now. Those things are usually leased, so that's gotta be expensive, no?

https://denverinfill.com/2018/12/new...th-alcott.html

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 6:31 AM

It's a Case of COVID Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Anyone know what's up with this project? Such a prime location, good looking project, designg by a reputable architecture firm, but they've literally had a disassembled crane sitting on site for several years now. Those things are usually leased, so that's gotta be expensive, no?
Normally, I'd dial up a good Blues Tune but given tonight's Avalanche euphoria I'll save it.

It's a good guess that Yitzchak Tessler is very frustrated with the ongoing marketing struggles at One Seventy Two Madison at 172 Madison Ave.
For the curious you can read it about it HERE and HERE.

172 Madison Ave

Image courtesy Tessler Development

Last edited by TakeFive; Apr 3, 2021 at 6:46 AM.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
A new concept review has been submitted to Denver for 899 Broadway - a 16 story, 377 unit apartment building.

I was curious about all the proposals in the Golden Triangle, so I did a search of the Denver records to refresh my memory:

899 Broadway - Concept Review - 16 stories - 377 units
1030 Broadway - Formal Site Development Review - 15 stories - 284 units
1120 Acoma - Formal Site Development Review - 17 stories - 300 units
921 Acoma - Construction - 17 stories - 389 units
1025 Bannock - Formal Site Development Review - 8 stories - 326 units
990 Bannock - Formal Site Development Review - 14 stories - 224 units
970 Cherokee - Concept Review - 17 stories - 324 units
1235 Cherokee - Formal Site Development Review - 17 stories - 248 units
1301 Cherokee - Concept Review - 16 stories - 217 units
1158 Delaware - Concept Review - 12 stories - 168 units
650 West Colfax - Formal Site Development Review - 7 stories - 356 units

Total number of units under construction or review = 3,213
Where do you get your info, is there a city website that publishes this data?

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 7:21 PM

This picture doesn't do it justice but you all should go check out Mcgregor Square now that the plaza is open.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 7:30 PM

I was at McGregor Square last night and it’s a really nice urban space. The effect it will have on foot traffic in that part of LoDo will be tremendous once everything is open there, and especially when there are Rockies games like last night.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 9:34 PM

Just because you're my BFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by laniroj View Post
Thanks for sharing. What is 650 W Colfax? I thought the City had purchased those parcels for expanded courthouse operations or something? Wasn't aware a multifamily deal was making it's way through. Any visuals? Can't seem to find any...at least free stuff.
https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...le-denver.html
Quote:
A San Antonio-based developer is proposing a seven-story apartment building at the northern edge of Denver's Golden Triangle neighborhood, according to a concept plan recently filed with the city.

Real estate firm Embrey Partners is currently under contract for the 2.8-acre parcel, according to Jacob Shalley, senior vice president of development at the company. The apartment building would occupy a full city block at the southwest corner of Colfax Avenue and Fox Street, with the exception of 606 W. Colfax Ave., which is home to a Bank of Denver branch.

The developer is currently planning five stories of apartments over two stories of parking, according to the concept plan. The plan also indicates that townhomes would surround the parking on the first and second levels along Galapago Street, 14th Avenue and Fox Street.
Embrey has built (and sold) a number of apartments but mostly in the suburbs - including the Arvada Ridge Apartments recently featured as part of the Arvada Ridge LRT Station TOD. However, Embrey did build and recently sell the Luxe at Mile High, 3200 W Colfax Ave.

Luxe at Mile High
3200 W Colfax Ave

All images courtesy Humphreys and Partners Architects

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
I think rds70 is my favorite member of this forum.
Me too. All rds posts are good posts. I scroll through pages of largely useless brain-wrestling (not that I haven’t been guilty of contributing to that), then out of the blue comes an rds post and my eyes light up. It’s always good useful stuff.

Regarding Golden Triangle development, it’s really starting to frustrate me that it’s all the same height. A good chunk of GT is visible from my west-facing Governor’s Park balcony - including part of that new tower on 9th and Bannock and one of its cranes. It looks like it’s topped out now and there’s not going to be another floor. So now its rooftop lines up perfectly with all its neighbors. At night I just see a vast 16ish-story wall of windows - almost like the whole neighborhood is one massive building.

That’s why I occasionally chime in: “I thought they were rezoning GT! When are they going to finish rezoning GT?!”

Not that I’m not excited for all the increased density. The west side of cap hill has some 30K+ ppsm census tracts. If GT continues to develop at its current pace, there will soon be similar density on the west side of Lincoln. That part of the Broadway/Lincoln corridor could eventually become seriously urban and be deserving of a seriously expensive transit upgrade.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 5:02 PM

A thought about those courtyards with people gathering...those must be really noisy and echoey.

Where I live even a normal conversation 100 feet away can be disruptive if you're trying to sleep. They must have to police a 10:00 quiet time, and they probably get rule breakers.

Or worse, a barking dog on a balcony.

Thankfully my building is full of people who deal with people like that (barking dogs and loud parties), so I don't have to. But that's probably harder in an apartment.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 10:19 PM

McGregor Square

I was on McGregors pooldeck yesterday. It's amazing. I'd post pics if I could figure out how. Kinda new to this platform.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 10:32 PM

The construction fencing had gone down for several months but was put back up about a month ago. I don’t know what that means, if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post

https://denverinfill.com/2018/12/new...th-alcott.html

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 11:47 PM

DELETE! Nevermind!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulopolis View Post
The construction fencing had gone down for several months but was put back up about a month ago. I don’t know what that means, if anything.
I’m also curious what happened to the i25/Broadway plans? They has fences up full of ads when they were moving dirt and doing some demo ~one year ago? Now no equipment on site, all the banners off of the fences and it looks dead. That development must be even more cursed than tabor....

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
Regarding Golden Triangle development, it’s really starting to frustrate me that it’s all the same height. A good chunk of GT is visible from my west-facing Governor’s Park balcony - including part of that new tower on 9th and Bannock and one of its cranes. It looks like it’s topped out now and there’s not going to be another floor. So now its rooftop lines up perfectly with all its neighbors. At night I just see a vast 16ish-story wall of windows - almost like the whole neighborhood is one massive building.
I always notice this too when driving into the city from the west on 6th. It's impressive density, but the uniform height is a bummer. Looks like a tabletop. It would be great if there were a few towers that poked out.

On a similar note, as a (new) Park Hill resident I'm curious if anyone knows the status of the Central Park station lots. I can't find much news on those parcels after 2019. That's my closest A-line station and would love to see activity pick up over there, but I imagine the pandemic slowed things down especially for any office component. I can't find anything recent on the development plans for that area or the Johnson & Wales property for that matter.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
I always notice this too when driving into the city from the west on 6th. It's impressive density, but the uniform height is a bummer. Looks like a tabletop. It would be great if there were a few towers that poked out.

On a similar note, as a (new) Park Hill resident I'm curious if anyone knows the status of the Central Park station lots. I can't find much news on those parcels after 2019. That's my closest A-line station and would love to see activity pick up over there, but I imagine the pandemic slowed things down especially for any office component. I can't find anything recent on the development plans for that area or the Johnson & Wales property for that matter.
There hasn't been much news/activity on those lots from any real estate source I've talked to, other than continued development on the Sprouts block (townhomes are Phase II, iirc).

Most of the development news has shifted to the developments north of the tracks (dubbed Runway 35 N and S)...Raising Cane's, In-N-Out, QuickTrip, other car-centric shit.

Still holding out hope this comes to fruition.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 5:27 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbssfelix View Post
There hasn't been much news/activity on those lots from any real estate source I've talked to, other than continued development on the Sprouts block (townhomes are Phase II, iirc).

Most of the development news has shifted to the developments north of the tracks (dubbed Runway 35 N and S)...Raising Cane's, In-N-Out, QuickTrip, other car-centric shit.

Still holding out hope this comes to fruition.
I thought that the ownership change from Forest City to Brookfield affected the Central Park Station developments as the development philosophies were so different given the own/hold of Forest City versus Brookfield own/sell. I know that it did result in the retooling of the apartment projects up north in Beeler Park.

Runway 35's saving grace is a Snooze being included in the dining options.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Last edited by wong21fr; Apr 5, 2021 at 5:51 PM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post

There's 132 workforce housing condos finishing up right across CP Blvd from the station. About to be a few more multifamily projects coming soon... all good stuff. Should really get boardings way up there. I think it will be a vibrant neighborhood where those fields are now.

Last edited by gopokes21; Apr 6, 2021 at 6:17 PM.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 2:07 AM

Multiple reports now coming in Denver snatched the All Stars game from Altanta! Big win for Denver and Polis....

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...b-5d1d0a8970ac

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 3:11 AM

Mcgregor Square is going to be lit!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 4:37 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West