HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

1250 rue Saint-Antoine West in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 22, 2014, 2:17 AM
earth cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaterMontréal View Post
Yes,

http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/1326...le-de-montreal

It's now part of a bigger project, Quad Windsor.
I like it !

Donwtown is expanding into the south.

Last edited by Mokita; Mar 22, 2014 at 2:39 AM. Reason: top of the page

Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 1:21 PM

The developers have made an application for an increase of height limits to 210 meters:
http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economie...-plus-haut.php

Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 2:48 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Amazing. Especially compared to the shitty Lavalesque stuff in the foreground (Jardins Windsor)

I fucking love this art-deco building: https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.49621...7i13312!8i6656
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2015, 10:45 PM

They've now plastered the buildings south of the Bell Centre, on St. Antoine, with Tour des Canadiens 2 publicity

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Amazing. Especially compared to the shitty Lavalesque stuff in the foreground (Jardins Windsor)

I fucking love this art-deco building: https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.49621...7i13312!8i6656
aka as the CSIS building..

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 10:47 PM

Shhh... National security

Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 9:40 PM

Hockey Heritage Takes Centre Ice at Tour des Canadiens 2

Quote:
Following September's official launch of Tour des Canadiens 2 in Montreal, the hockey-inspired development hosted a grand opening for their sales centre on November 22nd which was injected with a dose of glamour as Montreal Canadiens legend Guy Lafleur greeted an excited crowd of fans and prospective buyers.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 9:26 AM

Height limit increased. Major new park planned just south of Bell Centre

From the Montreal Gazette:

Quartier des gares plans approved by Montreal executive committee

MONTREAL GAZETTE
More from Montreal Gazette
Published on: January 20, 2016 | Last Updated: January 20, 2016 6:12 PM EST

The city of Montreal’s executive committee announced on Wednesday that it has approved a development plan for the areas around Place Bonaventure and the Bell Centre.

The sector, dubbed the Quartier des gares because it includes métro stations and the Windsor and Central train stations, is bounded by René-Lévesque Blvd., Notre-Dame St., Robert-Bourassa Blvd. (formerly University St.) and Guy St.

Presented by the Ville-Marie borough in May, the plan was subject to a review by the Office de consultation publique de Montréal. The plan approved by the executive committee, which still has to go before city council, was modified to take into account the recommendations from the public consultation office.

One of the major changes is in the height of buildings allowed along St-Antoine St. A new category has been created that introduces a 170-metre height limit, up from 120 metres.

Tour des Canadiens 2 is one of the buildings slated to go up in that area and is currently planned for 37 floors and 120 metres.

The city says the new limit will allow for important projects to go ahead, while respecting a gradient between the southern and northern portions of the lots along St-Antoine.

This new height limit applies only to this particular zone and does not change the city’s guidelines that say no building can be taller than Mount Royal. That means no building can be taller than 232 metres above sea level. Currently, the city’s tallest building is 1000 de la Gauchetière at 205 metres.

The development plan proposed by the city also includes a large urban park, which will go from Guy and St-Antoine to St-Jacques and Jean-D’Estrées Sts.

The city says the park will be equivalent in size to the combined spaces of Dorchester Square and Place du Canada.

A dog park that was part of the initial plan will remain, as will the community gardens in the area.

There will also be three social housing projects, including the coopérative de la Montagne verte, which will be at the corner of de la Montagne and St-Jacques Sts.

Social housing will also be built along Notre-Dame St. and a third area will be reserved south of St-Antoine, not far from Lucien L’Allier métro station, for another eventual social housing project.

Avenue des Canadiens, in front of the Bell Centre, will become a pedestrian-only street under the plan.

Some of the work is to begin this year as de la Montagne and Drummond Sts., between the Bell Centre and René-Lévesque Blvd., will be revamped. De la Gauchetière will also see work done, which includes replacing the underground infrastructure, widening sidewalks, planting new trees and other work.

The Ville-Marie borough has set aside $44.5 million for the first phase of the work, which should be completed in 2018.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2016, 1:40 PM

Does anyone know how the sales are going for phase 2? I've been to the launch months ago, and as far as I know it hasn't sold nearly as fast as phase 1...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 1:19 PM

See the following article in La Presse. The building will now have 49 stories

http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economie...-49-etages.php

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 5:13 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

I really like the designs for the two office buildings across the street. What's the likelihood of those being built?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 7, 2016, 6:57 PM

Bonjour à vous tous

il s'agit de mon tout 1er commentaire, ce site je le suis depuis de tres longues années sans que je m'abonne, sauf que l'info est de taille et j'ai voulu postulé cette information.

pour le projet de la tour des canadiens 2, l'info est de taille, car finalement le nombre total d'étages sera de 49 étages au lieu des 37 étages approuvés précédemment, la raison est que 90% des 37 étages ont été déja vendu ( 90% des condos )

http://www.lapresse.ca/maison/immobi...ait-mouche.php

c'est un véritable Manhattan ce coin de Montréal,, c'est une très bonne nouvelle

Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 12:28 AM
Ciao tutti

Mine.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 1:14 AM

Is there any chance of Montreal letting go of their hight limit and allowing structures to be built higher than Mt. Royal?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 4:24 PM

This should be change. Tour des Canadiens 2 = 170 meters, 47 stories. UC.

Three yellow cranes:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP2cBUxD...agged=montreal

From the webcam :

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 11:48 PM
Ciao tutti

Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 12:45 AM
Ciao tutti

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mtl View Post
This should be change. Tour des Canadiens 2 = 170 meters, 47 stories. UC.
According to a recent article in La Presse (June 16) this tower has gained an additional 4 floors so now will be 53 floors and 166 meters

http://affaires.lapresse.ca/economie...8_accueil_POS9

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 1:51 PM

I live right on St Jacques & de la Montagne so I have a good view of this. Sad I can't post my own pics though

Old Posted Jul 8, 2017, 3:32 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive