HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthurzan View Post
Alright, I'm officially embarrassed. My bad LOL.
Haha, sorry I didn't mean to call you out or anything. Just thought it was a bit funny given the nature of the site (which might not be obvious without context).

Old Posted Jan 28, 2023, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I was going to say that those movie & TV production studios but I didn't know that the residential was fake. That really sucks for a location that had so much potential.
i believe those facades are all planned to be functional administrative offices for production and support activities, not residential. the are designed to evoke streetscapes of several US/European cities and will be used for exterior production scenes.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2023, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I was going to say that those movie & TV production studios but I didn't know that the residential was fake. That really sucks for a location that had so much potential.
The development will have a lot of residential, it's just what's pictured in the construction photo that's fake. Well, fake in the sense that it's a film studio and office with a faux residential façade for filming.

"Plans call for 120 condos and townhomes, 800 apartments, 250,000 square feet of retail, two hotels with 350 rooms combined, and about 1 million square feet of offices."

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 9:33 PM

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
what a shocking development

Old Posted Mar 21, 2023, 5:47 PM

Apartments proposed for 2751 Buford Highway in Brookhaven.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 1:24 PM

135 apartments proposed near Marietta Square

https://www.mdjonline.com/news/local...c19829640.html
Quote:
Real estate developer Bridger Properties has submitted plans to the city proposing the construction of a 135-unit, 84-foot-tall apartment building off Marietta Square.

Just minutes after the plans were submitted, the City Council discussed ways it could stop the building.

“We’re Marietta, not New York,” Mayor Steve “Thunder” Tumlin said at a Wednesday night committee meeting.

The building, consisting of five stories of apartments on top of two stories of parking, would be built just a few blocks off Marietta Square, replacing a parking lot Bridger owns.

The property is, and always has been, under the central business district zoning, per Roth. That zoning category allows for apartments.

Unlike some of the city’s other zoning categories, the central business district category has no stipulation capping the amount of rental units in a housing development.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 1:28 PM
Back on the road again

7 stories "not New York". What a joke. Same stuff I'm always hearing in EAV with its very vocal NIMBY contingent.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 2:01 PM

Looks like a great project for Marietta. This is a little more than NIMBY opposition--it's the freaking mayor saying he wants to kill the project.

They should be thankful whatever development they can get to redeem the downtown of the municipal eyesores on the eastern side of the square.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2023, 3:52 PM

They're lucky the developer has decided on such a pleasant facade. If only 5 over 1's built in Atlanta were of such quality.

Look at all that parking in the third image. Absolutely ridiculous they want to "preserve" that over adding thoughtful infill.

Last edited by Sojourner_Terminus; Apr 3, 2023 at 3:52 PM. Reason: wrong number

Old Posted Apr 4, 2023, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarossa50 View Post
Looks like a great project for Marietta. This is a little more than NIMBY opposition--it's the freaking mayor saying he wants to kill the project.

They should be thankful whatever development they can get to redeem the downtown of the municipal eyesores on the eastern side of the square.
Yeah, the mayor is a piece of work. He was using the train derailment in East Palestine, Ohio, to propose an overlay zone to that would ban any new apartments within 50 feet of the railroad easement.

Of course, he's just being obstructionist because if there there was a real threat, no municipality would be approving TODs, which sit beside, under, and over railroad tracks all over the world.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2023, 12:21 AM

High Street

Old Posted Apr 11, 2023, 5:31 PM

Veranda at Assembly

Quote:
Veranda at Assembly will offer 100 affordable senior apartments. The development will include a four-story wood frame building with a masonry and siding exterior.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2023, 9:06 PM

Assembly

Sadly, the faux residential facades look better than 90% of the real residential development.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2023, 5:39 PM

Apartments at The Battery. When I first read of this my mind's eye could not see enough space for them.

Here is a pic for a couple of years ago.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2023, 9:26 PM

Not Apartments its the Truist Securities headquarters.
https://atlanta.urbanize.city/post/b...r-construction

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 11:11 PM

$1 billion arena with development bigger than the Battery proposed in North Metro

https://www.wsbtv.com/sports/exclusi...BDT6WAQKBY3VE/
Quote:
By Zach Klein, WSB-TV and WSBTV.com News Staff
April 17, 2023 at 5:07 pm EDT
FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. — The Battery in Cobb County is considered the gold standard for a mixed-used development in the United States.

In a Channel 2 Action News exclusive, sports director Zach Klein has learned local businessman Vernon Krause plans to transform over 100 acres in Forsyth County into a mixed-used project that will actually be bigger than The Battery.

Could it attract the National Hockey League back to the metro Atlanta area?

The project is called The Gathering at South Forsyth. The multi-year, multi-billion project will feature new restaurants, shops and residential spaces.

The crown jewel of the Gathering: a billion-dollar arena.

“Is the Gathering at South Forsyth preparing to be the home for a new National Hockey League team in our state?” Klein asked.

“That’s not something that I can guarantee at this point. What I can say about it is that you know, we are positioning this development to be able to host something of that nature, as well as, you know, all of the other things that you might go down to the Benz for,” Forsyth County commissioner Laura Semanson told Klein

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 11:20 PM

"The Battery in Cobb County is considered the gold standard for a mixed-used development in the United States."

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clexmond View Post
"The Battery in Cobb County is considered the gold standard for a mixed-used development in the United States."
Drive-to urbanism aside, it really is...as far as stadium/arena developments are concerned. Teams nationwide point to the Battery and LA Live as districts they want to emulate for their developments.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 1:16 AM
Fourth and Main

I saw this on the local news. I tried to see where it was on 400 (Channel 2 had their helicopter view with the road names visible), but I didn't have my glasses. My first thought was: What impact will this have on Gas South Arena? This is close to me and I like the road upgrades planned. I also like hockey and it would be nice to have an NHL team again and right at my house! According to my wife, there are too many people, too many cars, and too much development out here and she says no.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta