HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
What's going on with Selkrik lately? That place has been making moves that are progressive by Winnipeg standards. Compared to Manitoba's other small cities they look downright Dutch.

Good for them. It's an attractive enough place--on the river, close to the lake, a better-than-most downtown with at least two mixed-use buildings and a lovely riverside park. Not everyone moving out of Winnipeg wants to move to an exurban dump like Niverville. Why not provide an alternative that's actually nice? Not to mention, they're improving quality of life for their residents, and they're setting the community up for long-term sustainability and success.
I agree, I'm impressed by what's going on in Selkirk. Like so many cities in Manitoba, Selkirk has a lot of potential. But the difference is that Selkirk is actually realizing theirs.

I don't know enough about Selkirk to be fully informed as to what's driving it, but I think their CAO (and former councillor) Duane Nicol has an awful lot to do with what's going on there. He has been doing some amazing work.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan