HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 29, 2023, 5:00 AM

Glendale and West Hollywood getting new tallest! Beverly Hills
could be next and I’d like to see Culver City get one as well. Such ripe development. Speaking of Culver City, what’s the city’s tallest?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2023, 5:45 AM
Paramoderator

Hate the billboards, and would be shocked if West Hollywood approved this as is.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 4:35 AM

CIM group is a native LA company and they have a very strong track record. This project might get a haircut (though, I hope not), but I don't doubt CIM's intentions to build.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 4:13 PM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illithid Dude View Post
Hate the billboards, and would be shocked if West Hollywood approved this as is.
I actually don't hate the billboards. If they are LED screens then they could look cool if they were just static billboards.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 12:58 AM

I don't mind the billboards if they are kinetic.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 1:01 AM

The building looks great. I have some shares of Skanska stock, so hopefully they are able to lease all of this space. Perkins&Will is also a good DC firm.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
The building looks great. I have some shares of Skanska stock, so hopefully they are able to lease all of this space.
I realized I posted that in the wrong thread, so I moved it to the "downtown" one. But yeah--it's awesome!

Old Posted Dec 9, 2023, 7:46 PM

Tesla Diner/Supercharger Hollywood

Old Posted Dec 11, 2023, 5:13 PM

Last week LA City Council approved District NoHo, a 15-acre development on top of the North Hollywood metro station which will consist of:
- 1,481 total new housing units (includes 366 rent-restricted units)
- 3 shopping plazas totaling 105,000 square ft of retail/restaurants
- 2 acres open space
- 750 metro parking spaces
- 580,000 square feet of offices
- 3,300 parking spaces

All well and good but Trammel Crow has already stated that they'll struggle to make these numbers work.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ho-development

https://www.trammellcrow.com/projects/district-no-ho

Old Posted Dec 11, 2023, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
Last week LA City Council approved District NoHo, a 15-acre development on top of the North Hollywood metro station which will consist of:
- 1,481 total new housing units (includes 366 rent-restricted units)
- 3 shopping plazas totaling 105,000 square ft of retail/restaurants
- 2 acres open space
- 750 metro parking spaces
- 580,000 square feet of offices
- 3,300 parking spaces

All well and good but Trammel Crow has already stated that they'll struggle to make these numbers work.

It's fantastic to see development like this around LA's northernmost subway station. North Hollywood has a bright future.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2023, 8:51 PM

Quote:

Exactly right. Between an extended approval period, the Measure ULA tax, heavy affordability requirements, and expensive labor requirements, the City and Metro really get in the way with these types of developments. I would be shocked to see anything similar to this actually get built in the next decade (without significant public subsidies). If the local government would just get out of the way and allow housing development, we'd see so much more of it. I attended a panel recently where former city council candidate Scott Epstein said something along the lines of "The City is still viewing approval of housing as something to be traded for instead of as a good thing in it's own right. We need to get to the place where housing development is viewed as a positive thing that should be allowed without preconditions.". We need people like him in City government.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2023, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
Exactly right. Between an extended approval period, the Measure ULA tax, heavy affordability requirements, and expensive labor requirements, the City and Metro really get in the way with these types of developments. I would be shocked to see anything similar to this actually get built in the next decade (without significant public subsidies). If the local government would just get out of the way and allow housing development, we'd see so much more of it. I attended a panel recently where former city council candidate Scott Epstein said something along the lines of "The City is still viewing approval of housing as something to be traded for instead of as a good thing in it's own right. We need to get to the place where housing development is viewed as a positive thing that should be allowed without preconditions.". We need people like him in City government.
Well they're partnering with metro for the land, so I get that they have to give something back. I just looked at the urbanized article from September and they report via numble that metro may create an EIF to fund all of the affordable housing along with the new station entrance.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2023, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Today's Urbanize Los Angeles article about this project reports that "the specific plan approved for the site would permit a more intensive development." So Trammel Crow could theoretically rework the project to make the numbers work.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2023, 6:07 AM
DENNAB

The Tesla Diner is gonna look cool once finishes.

Can someone in LA take pictures of the tower U/C in Century City when they get the chance?

Excited to see the progress on that one.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2023, 6:53 PM

Old Posted Dec 16, 2023, 1:24 AM

25-story apartment tower survives appeal at 6350 Selma Avenue in Hollywood

The Artisan Hollywood development would feature 260 residential units

Steven Sharp
Urbanize Los Angeles
December 15, 2023

At its meeting on December 14, the Los Angeles City Planning Commission moved to uphold the approval of a proposed high-rise development near Hollywood and Vine, rejecting an appeal from the operating of a historic property next door which had sought to block the project.

The Artisan Hollywood development, announced by Artisan Realty Advisors in September 2019, would rise from a property at 6350 W. Selma Avenue, replacing a surface parking lot. Plans call for the construction of a 25-story high-rise building at the southwest corner of Selma and Ivar Avenues, featuring a total of 260 studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments above 6,790 square feet of retail space and a parking garage.

Project entitlements for the Artisan Hollywood include Transit Oriented Communities incentives to permit greater floor area than would be allowed by the property's base zoning. Artisan Realty Advisors would set aside 26 apartments as deed-restricted extremely low-income affordable housing in exchange for the incentives.

Gensler is designing the roughly 286-foot-tall building, which would feature an exterior of brick, metal and glass. Plans show on-site amenities including a fitness center, a podium-level amenity deck, a business center, and a rooftop lounge.

An environmental study conducted for the project points to a roughly 26-month timeline, with a conclusion date previously expected in 2025.

he appellant of the project, the owner of the historic Sound Factory across Selma Avenue, has objected to the project to due to the potential for vibrations from construction interrupting the operations of the recording studio. A staff response, recommending denial of the appeal, noted that the vibrations expected from the construction process would be temporary - and lower than a motorcycle pass by. Additionally, the staff report noted that while the Sound Factory building his historic, those protections to not extend to the use within.

The project would sit due east of a series of new hotels built by Relevant Group, and north of a proposed 14-story office building at Sunset Boulevard and Wilcox Avenue.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2023, 1:25 AM

Old Posted Dec 16, 2023, 4:00 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Man, I wish the Jack in the Box hotel tower just south of this was still in play. Think if this, the hotel tower, and the Amoeba tower across Sunset all went up in the next few years. You'd have a mini cluster here with the CNN building and the apartment tower next to Netflix where Ivar splits from Cahuenga.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 18, 2023, 4:32 AM

I took a picture of the Metro holiday wrapping of the E Line pillars at La Cienega Station and forgot about the mid/high rise project just behind it. The temporary assembly crane for the tower crane can be seen just behind the columns. The tower crane was assembled all the way up to the cab with the boom yet to be put up

Old Posted Dec 18, 2023, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
What a great early Christmas gift, the base is really nice..

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations