HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 29, 2023, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
It's 372'. I quit updating Wiki because someone kept changing things to incorrect heights. One thing I hate about Wikipedia...anyone can change stuff to whatever.
Wikipedia is not great, for sure. Oh well, I just had a glimmer of hope that we missed something new (reverting back to 424 feet).

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 3:25 PM

Snapped this the other night. Windows are going up!

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halicem View Post

Great pics, thanks for posting. It looks like the shorter of the 2 buildings (on the left) is just about topped out? Maybe 1 more floor to go.

Looking at the Downtown ASU webcam on the 1st page of this thread is amazing too. Realm is really shooting up. I hope northern downtown keeps churning out the planned projects.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
Great pics, thanks for posting. It looks like the shorter of the 2 buildings (on the left) is just about topped out? Maybe 1 more floor to go.
No you were right. The West Tower is topped out.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...23-update.html

Quote:
A 1-million-square-foot mixed-use project that has been in the works for four years reached a significant construction milestone on Tuesday.

Development officials, as well as Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego, celebrated the topping out of the first tower of the Central Station project in downtown Phoenix, which means the final beam was placed on top of the building.

Construction on the first building, called the West Tower, started in early 2022 for the development that's expected to boost downtown Phoenix with new student and multifamily housing, retail, offices and a multimodal transit center with light rail stations on each side of the project, along with a bus station.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2023, 3:05 PM

Quote:

Looking at the Downtown ASU webcam on the 1st page of this thread is amazing too..
Who the HELL makes decisions for ASU landscaping? they tore out the old shade trees from Old Main and replaced it with.... Small palms.

Cool useless blazing hot dirt patch for half the year. what are the thinking???

Old Posted Oct 19, 2023, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Who the HELL makes decisions for ASU landscaping? they tore out the old shade trees from Old Main and replaced it with.... Small palms.

Cool useless blazing hot dirt patch for half the year. what are the thinking???
No shit. Some of ASU's decisions are terrible. I bet it was some senior architecture student project they went with for that new landscaping in front of Old Main. How hard would it be to design around keeping the largest shade trees?

And I'll die on my hill that replacing the original 100 year old palm trees on Palm Walk was the most idiotic idea ever. Again, some botanist or grad students decided they were nearing their end-of-life (oh, and ASU has some sort of budget to keep up), so let's tear them all out and replace them with new date palms... Should have let those old girls stand tall and proud until they literally turned into matchsticks. They likely had a couple decades of life left. They were historic basically, might as well tear down Old Main while we're at it.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2023, 5:25 PM

Quote:
They likely had a couple decades of life left. They were historic basically, might as well tear down Old Main while we're at it.
Don't give them any ideas, They will tear down old main and put up a solar panel and an ethanol fuel generator.

I don't know who convinced people that green = Pretty. Just because solar panels are environmentally more friendly than oil does NOT make them pleasant to be around, they are still industrial machinery.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2023, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halicem View Post

These are going to be the best buildings we have downtown, by a mile. To have them be fully visible from the park is great, i think we will be very satisfied with these towers and their impact when they are complete.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2024, 6:24 PM

I just want to say that I hope future projects have the same feel as the central station project. I can tell already it’s going to be one the best projects aesthetically in downtown Phoenix.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest