HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 15, 2018, 11:26 PM

This is the first time I'm adding someone into my ignore list on this forum

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 3:27 AM
Build Baby Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
This is the first time I'm adding someone into my ignore list on this forum
What happened? I don't see anything that could prompt it.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 8:11 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
What happened? I don't see anything that could prompt it.
I know who gillynova is referring to and understand his reasoning. I did likewise with three people during my time here; fortunately, they all eventually disappeared from the scene.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2018, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimiak View Post
It seems that the Central Soma plan passed the board tonight.
I wouldn't get too excited, unfortunately...it has been reported that the city is certain a lawsuit is coming in on it and have been preparing with the city attorney. I wish this was passed years ago but am hopeful they can deal with the lawsuits and get all these projects ready to start next cycle.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2018, 5:37 AM

Old Posted Nov 28, 2018, 8:14 AM

1700 Market Street Building - Gone

The building at 1700 Market is now gone. I don't know what the latest development is on this one as it has gone in and out of development. The last I saw was for an 8 story building here. Anyone has the latest?

The FastFrame shop that inhabited this location for many years survives at another location.

1700 Market_11-27-2018

Old Posted Nov 28, 2018, 5:40 PM

WOAH! That was quick!

Speaking of Mid-Market infill, anybody have news on 1554 Market Street or 24 Franklin?

1554 Market is excavated (and I believe foundation poured) but has been sitting for close to a year now with no visible work being performed. I worry it's permanently on hold waiting for financing for the actual construction, or even abandoned.

24 Franklin has slowly been moving forward but I've never seen such glacial work on a mid-rise. Weeks, if not months, go by without seeing the slightest bit of change or progress.

My hood is in a tough spot. These two projects, the Honda Dealership closed and waiting for upzoning and then permits/entitling, the City College site on Gough boarded off and waiting for upzoning and then permits/entitling, the ambitious project between 12th and Gough just sitting there with no work...if/when these projects get built, we'll finally have an active streetwall stretching from the Castro to at least 6th Street (and those Mid-Market projects around there will connect it to the Ferry Building), but in the interim as they're waiting and in some cases, I suspect running out of money, we just have boarded up buildings that are attracting the usual circus of tent cities and drugs. I never thought I'd be thankful for a parking lot, as at least the parking lot that is one day to be One Oak is operating and thus contributing some small semblance of foot traffic!

If the city was swift and able to move nimbly to get things approved and upzoned and entitled/permitted, we'd have seen 2,500 add'l units in those six projects alone...would be an absolute game changer for the hood and a great compliment to the 600-650 or so under construction at the Goodwill and Flax sites.

Last edited by JWS; Nov 28, 2018 at 5:55 PM.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2018, 6:19 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Old Posted Nov 28, 2018, 7:12 PM

Gracias!

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
The building at 1700 Market is now gone. I don't know what the latest development is on this one as it has gone in and out of development. The last I saw was for an 8 story building here. Anyone has the latest?

The FastFrame shop that inhabited this location for many years survives at another location.
Well the last thing on socket site is this, which sounds like it might be the project that will end up going in.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfishhead View Post
Well the last thing on socket site is this, which sounds like it might be the project that will end up going in.
No on site parking, so not much excavation. Should start to go up quickly.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 5:09 PM

12/01/2018 Concrete Pour at Trinity Place IV

Yes, there is something happening in that hole behind the fence on Market Street!

12/01/2018 Concrete Pour

Old Posted Dec 2, 2018, 9:03 PM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfishhead View Post
here is a shot looking across the 1700 Market site at the Flax project in the distance

Old Posted Dec 2, 2018, 10:51 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

The number of high rise buildings constructed in San Francisco since the end of the great recession is staggering. This has been one hell of an economic cycle and has produced a number of beautiful projects.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
here is a shot looking across the 1700 Market site at the Flax project in the distance

Speaking of the recession, many people thought this building would not make it during this cycle. Good to see SF's economy and construction are still strong. Hopefully it will crash when it's time for me to buy a condo

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post
The number of high rise buildings constructed in San Francisco since the end of the great recession is staggering. This has been one hell of an economic cycle and has produced a number of beautiful projects.
True, but they still need to build a lot of housing given the continued high demand for it and the housing crisis. That is what the city should be the most focused on.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBuildings888 View Post
True, but they still need to build a lot of housing given the continued high demand for it and the housing crisis. That is what the city should be the most focused on.
This is what the city IS focused on. Since we have about reached the point where the Prop. M office building cap comes into effect, if there is no delay in development because of a recession in 2019 or 2020 more money will be necessarily directed at housing. The trick is to get as much of that as possible aimed at relatively "affordable" buildings (nothing in SF is going to be really affordable by middle class people so the operative world has to be "relatively"). That essentially means modest heights and probably less costly finishes--the sorts of things that draw criticism here.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
That hotel is the Virgin Hotel and they are taking reservations currently for November 15th and beyond.
I hope they didn't have to give too many people their money back...

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 4:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELPOLO View Post
ALSO: Is the one in Hayes Valley—555 Fulton—also stalled?
went by it for the first time in a while this weekend, and it had progressed a bit more...

the Laguna side

Fulton side

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 6:13 AM

various other things...

Moscone

the affordable one on Eddy and Taylor, still shrouded

shroud finally partially off this one at 7th and Market, and looks noticeably spiffier on this side. originally they were gonna make this a hostel of sorts, but I don't think those are the current plans?

another look at the Flax site

from Octavia

the affordable one at Laguna and Fell

affordable component of 55 Laguna

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations