HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 5, 2022, 12:35 AM

^^ Saw this earlier today. As a soccer fan, this is awesome to see!

Old Posted Oct 5, 2022, 12:46 AM

While good for the soccer fans and kids, how does it help Chester? I have a hard time believing this will bring more development to Chester. Didn't they say the same thing about the stadium?

Old Posted Oct 5, 2022, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
While good for the soccer fans and kids, how does it help Chester? I have a hard time believing this will bring more development to Chester. Didn't they say the same thing about the stadium?
…is this not the stadium bringing more development? It creates jobs for people nearby, tax revenue for the City, and maybe just maybe some people who work there will want to live nearby, creating new demand for housing and local services. There’s no downside as far as I can tell.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
…is this not the stadium bringing more development? It creates jobs for people nearby, tax revenue for the City, and maybe just maybe some people who work there will want to live nearby, creating new demand for housing and local services. There’s no downside as far as I can tell.
It's already parking lots. The only 'downside' I can think of is that the original mixed-use waterfront plans aren't coming to reality, but... they weren't anyway so yeah, this is a positive in my book.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2022, 4:38 PM
Chris

CHOP's new $85M logistics center in Delco will help support multibillion-dollar building boom

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...ics-declo.html

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on Thursday officially unveiled its $85 million services and logistics center in Delaware County, a project aimed at improving how its hospitals are provided with essential supplies.

The 175,000-square-foot, two-story building will serve as a centralized space to house several non-clinical departments across CHOP to provide coordinated support in areas that include supply chain, sterile processing, food and nutrition, information services, biomedical engineering, facilities and bed storage.

The center at 6400 Market St. in Millbourne will initially serve CHOP's Philadelphia campus and its Middleman Family Pavilion, the new pediatric hospital it opened in King of Prussia at the start of this year. Long-term plans are for the center to also serve CHOP’s network of specialty care centers throughout the region.

The center will be home to about 250 employees, including 70 new positions created as a result of the project.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 10:11 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
I really meant the Target in Malvern, my bad. I was near there a few weeks ago and a decently sized structure is under construction, a Norwood project. I did some poking around and it may be another phase of The Royal Worthington, as there was a Hotel Worthington proposal with 152 Boutique Suites.
That development should have already looked like what was built in KOP but it stalled.

I drove down Markley Street the other day in Norristown. It was so nice to see a construction crane hovering over Downtown. I am assuming the new justice center has commenced construction.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 10:15 PM
America's Hometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
CHOP's new $85M logistics center in Delco will help support multibillion-dollar building boom

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...ics-declo.html

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on Thursday officially unveiled its $85 million services and logistics center in Delaware County, a project aimed at improving how its hospitals are provided with essential supplies.

The 175,000-square-foot, two-story building will serve as a centralized space to house several non-clinical departments across CHOP to provide coordinated support in areas that include supply chain, sterile processing, food and nutrition, information services, biomedical engineering, facilities and bed storage.

The center at 6400 Market St. in Millbourne will initially serve CHOP's Philadelphia campus and its Middleman Family Pavilion, the new pediatric hospital it opened in King of Prussia at the start of this year. Long-term plans are for the center to also serve CHOP’s network of specialty care centers throughout the region.

The center will be home to about 250 employees, including 70 new positions created as a result of the project.
That probably doubles their tax base. It's a tiny borough.

The whole 69th Street area is such a ripe area for it to be a large office employment area. it's connected to all that mass transit. I could see it have a few office towers. However, it was pretty sketchy the last time I was down there last year to see the Van Gogh exhibit at the Tower. The streets were so filled with litter and every trash can was overflowing.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2022, 11:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRising View Post
That development should have already looked like what was built in KOP but it stalled.

I drove down Markley Street the other day in Norristown. It was so nice to see a construction crane hovering over Downtown. I am assuming the new justice center has commenced construction.
Yes I’ve been taking photos when I’m in Bridgeport or KOP or driving through to conshy. I’m pretty sure it’s going to look like the 7 story Justice center in West Chester. I’m excited to be installing vending machines in there once it’s complete

Old Posted Oct 9, 2022, 8:07 PM

Nemours opening 3 new suburban Philadelphia children's health centers

Quote:
Nemours Children’s Health is planning a multimillion-dollar expansion in southeastern Pennsylvania highlighted by the opening of three additional specialty care sites by the winter of 2024.

The Wilmington pediatric health system plans to open new care centers in Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties at a cost of about $40 million.

The first of those centers is scheduled to open next week in the Price Medical Building on the Jefferson Abington Hospital campus. Future centers will be in Broomall and Malvern.

Opening on Oct. 12, Nemours Children’s Health, Abington will offer specialties including cardiology [pediatric and fetal], endocrinology, gastroenterology, nephrology, neurology, nutrition, orthopedics, and pulmonology. Audiology and otolaryngology are planned for January. Its services will be relocated and expanded from the Nemours’ Willow Grove specialty care location.

During the spring of 2023, Nemours will relocate services provided at its Bryn Mawr and Newtown Square locations to Nemours Children’s Health, Broomall at Broomall Commons. The 19,000-square-foot outpatient pediatric specialty care center at 2940 Springfield Road will offer diagnostic services and 14 medical and surgical specialties, as well as physical, occupational and speech therapies.

In the winter of 2024, Nemours will open its third planned new location — Nemours Children’s Health, Malvern — in Uptown Worthington at 455 Carnegie Blvd. The site will feature an ambulatory surgery facility and comprehensive pediatric care center offering 22 medical and surgical specialties. It will also feature a sleep center, as well as physical, occupational and speech therapies.

Corso said the plans to consolidate the Bryn Mawr and Newtown Square sites began well before Main Line Health decided switch pediatric affiliation partners.

"The timing actually coincided with our leases expiring in spring," Corso said. "We had already begun discussions with Main Line Health. We really wanted to create a more expansive footprint in one easy to access location where there was more parking easy. This will allow us to consolidate and expand our services."

Nemours had run out of space in the two existing buildings and the Broomall location gave it an opportunity to customize the design, Corso said.

The Malvern site is being created to be the system's "comprehensive ambulatory surgery" location for families in southeastern Pennsylvania who don't require inpatient care, which will continue to be provided at its Wilmington children's hospital.

The center on the Abington Hospital campus will more than double the space it has at its Willow Grove location and allow it to expand its array of services at the site.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...l-malvern.html

Old Posted Oct 10, 2022, 2:25 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyRising View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Nemours opening 3 new suburban Philadelphia children's health centers

Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...l-malvern.html
PhillyRising, this may be what I saw being built near the Malvern Target (so the hotel may still be on the table and going to be built somewhere else in the complex).

Old Posted Oct 11, 2022, 11:23 PM

Couple of small headlines from the past month I came across.

Downtown Blackwood Redevelopment Proposed; Market, Restaurants, Apartments, Townhomes

Construction of $65 million Coatesville train station on schedule

325 Apartments, Homes At Kennedy Kenrick Approved In Norristown

Vote on decades-long redevelopment of Bala Plaza sites in Lower Merion Township tabled for more discussion

Transportation company expected to create hundreds of jobs in Falls Township

Proposed development of 84 homes on Hulmeville's landmark hill looms large for tiny town

Buckingham supervisors consider 41-unit Route 413 residential project

Bucks County warehouse boom shows no signs of slowing

Bensalem shifts focus of redevelopment plan to waterfront properties, leaves light manufacturers out

88 New Residences Approved For Former Bristol Twp. School Site

Philadelphia International Going Full Throttle Into the Cargo End of the Business

Kennett officials celebrate groundbreaking of new luxury apartment complex

New Residential Development Proposed Near The Brandywine Town Center

Heavy support for Trenton light rail expansion

Phase III of Stockton's Atlantic City development in early stages, developer says

Boraie: 2nd phase at North Beach multifamily complex in Atlantic City coming soon

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 4:41 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Exclusive: Avelo Airlines plans Wilmington service

https://delawarebusinesstimes.com/ne...ngton-service/

Unexpected news out of ILG

Quote:
NEW CASTLE – A new airline is planning to begin flying out of Wilmington-New Castle Airport later this year, just a few months after Delaware lost its last commercial airline. Avelo Airlines, an ultra-low-cost commercial airline launched last year by a veteran airline executive, has negotiated an air service incentive agreement and terminal and airfield

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 4:48 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Ally Financial to add 150 Wilmington jobs with $2.6 million from state

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...t/69518700007/

Quote:
Ally Financial, a digital financial services company, is expanding in Wilmington with the help of $2.6 million in taxpayer money.

Ally plans to hire 150 employees, adding to the company's roughly 75 current workers. Ally has been in Delaware since December when it acquired Wilmington fintech startup Fair Square Financial for $750 million.

The state's Council on Development Finance on Monday unanimously approved a $2.6 million grant tied to the creation of those 150 jobs. The money is distributed as the company reaches certain hiring benchmarks.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 1:44 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
Couple of small headlines from the past month I came across.

Downtown Blackwood Redevelopment Proposed; Market, Restaurants, Apartments, Townhomes

Construction of $65 million Coatesville train station on schedule

325 Apartments, Homes At Kennedy Kenrick Approved In Norristown

Vote on decades-long redevelopment of Bala Plaza sites in Lower Merion Township tabled for more discussion

Transportation company expected to create hundreds of jobs in Falls Township

Proposed development of 84 homes on Hulmeville's landmark hill looms large for tiny town

Buckingham supervisors consider 41-unit Route 413 residential project

Bucks County warehouse boom shows no signs of slowing

Bensalem shifts focus of redevelopment plan to waterfront properties, leaves light manufacturers out

88 New Residences Approved For Former Bristol Twp. School Site

Philadelphia International Going Full Throttle Into the Cargo End of the Business

Kennett officials celebrate groundbreaking of new luxury apartment complex

New Residential Development Proposed Near The Brandywine Town Center

Heavy support for Trenton light rail expansion

Phase III of Stockton's Atlantic City development in early stages, developer says

Boraie: 2nd phase at North Beach multifamily complex in Atlantic City coming soon
Thanks for sharing!

The Coatsville train station is exciting.

Are the apartments and townhomes proposed in Norristown affordable or market rate? The builder seems to target a niche between affordable & market rate.
Would 84 single family homes really ruin the town of Hulmeville?... I understand leaving a chunk of the land as open space, but to block a project outright… idk.

Expanded cargo plans at the airport is great and overdue.

And Kennett is a great town, happy to see larger scale development in the borough.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 5:42 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Ally Financial to add 150 Wilmington jobs with $2.6 million from state

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...t/69518700007/
Some buzz about this having a negative effect on their Ft. Washington location and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 8:20 PM

Quote:

I was sort of expecting this to happen since Avelo's business model is servicing small airports in metropolitan areas. Hopefully ILG can keep airline service for good this time!

Unfortunately the article is behind a paywall so I can't read it.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 3:34 PM

Wilmington Metro/Light Rail System

I know this would likely never happen, but I've always wondered the possibility of Wilmington getting a Metro/Light Rail system if it's able to grow and densify in the future. Here's a simple map I drew of a fantasy Metro/Light Rail system in Wilmington. Let me know what you think!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 4:51 PM

Quote:

This is exciting news for Wilmington. I am flying Avelo next week from New Haven - BWI. Avelo is having a promotion now-- I got a ticket for $6 ($21 with taxes and fees). I found a ticket for $3 for travel in December!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
This is exciting news for Wilmington. I am flying Avelo next week from New Haven - BWI. Avelo is having a promotion now-- I got a ticket for $6 ($21 with taxes and fees). I found a ticket for $3 for travel in December!
So in other words they won't be in business for long.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
So in other words they won't be in business for long.
Hopefully at least until next Monday!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations