HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 9:13 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Not a single hospital in the USA was ever "overloaded" not one single time did a hospital run out of beds in North America.
Yes they have.
So much so the National Guard was called to several states. Usually people who are scared of restrictions blame the staffing (mandates, "useless" COVID tests, quarantine) but you didn't pick up on that one yet? Use one of those I just mentioned.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
Yes they have.
So much so the National Guard was called to several states. Usually people who are scared of restrictions blame the staffing (mandates, "useless" COVID tests, quarantine) but you didn't pick up on that one yet? Use one of the ones I just mentioned.
You are believing fake news and exaggerated headlines my guy. Im not even being a dick. No hospital in the USA was actually overrun by covid cases.

It only ever happened in Italy in early 2020.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 9:28 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
You are believing fake news and exaggerated headlines my guy. Im not even being a dick. No hospital in the USA was actually overrun by covid cases.
Several hospitals have and TUP even admitted it a few pages back.
If he did then you know it's true. I could post sources but the game is set; just call it "fake", "propaganda", "msm", or ect.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool maudit View Post
England ending all masking and vaccine-pass restrictions as of next Thursday.
Good decision. There's no putting the Omicron back in the bottle, and it's weaker than a regular cold anyways. We used to keep society open for business even during cold/flu season, now we can say we tried the opposite, and clearly, cost-benefit calculations favor the former approach

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 10:20 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Nobody is afraid of doing those things, they don't want to do them because there is no Point in doing them.

Deluded.
I personally think testing every and anytime someone gets the sniffles is overkill but if UrbanImpact wants to do it out of due diligence or peace of mind, who cares? The only issue I have is when it's expected of everyone. Same with masks at this point, not going to drag on someone for wearing one but don't push me to do the same if they are not required.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 10:54 PM
The City

Quote:
Not a single hospital in the USA was ever "overloaded" not one single time did a hospital run out of beds in North America.
Our hospital is as full as it's been since this all started.

I was at a meeting today and they stated that about 85% of the COVID cases in the hospital are unvaccinated. That's in a community that has a close to 70% vaccination rate.

And we've had an indoor mask mandate forever. It's all a total waste of time, no matter what the germaphobes say. The only REAL and PRACTICAL thing you can do is vaccinate. The rest is political virtue signaling nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
I personally think testing every and anytime someone gets the sniffles is overkill but if UrbanImpact wants to do it out of due diligence or peace of mind, who cares? The only issue I have is when it's expected of everyone. Same with masks at this point, not going to drag on someone for wearing one but don't push me to do the same if they are not required.
The issues are when it’s expected of everyone, or when it costs everyone money because the tests are paid for by government or insurers.

This is superfluous healthcare spending and waste, which is a much bigger problem than the virus.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 2:22 AM
Environmental Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Good decision. There's no putting the Omicron back in the bottle, and it's weaker than a regular cold anyways. We used to keep society open for business even during cold/flu season, now we can say we tried the opposite, and clearly, cost-benefit calculations favor the former approach
Yeah it is time to move on but is still killing over 2000 people a day in the United States. To those of us vaccinated it may be no worse than a cold but it certainly is not the case to those who are not vaccinated, but I don't give a damn. I doubt 2000 people die a day in the United States from colds... or the flu for that matter so it is still a more severe sickness. I am vaccinated and boosted so I really don't give a shit about the non vaccinated and their health.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 2:22 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
The issues are when it’s expected of everyone, or when it costs everyone money because the tests are paid for by government or insurers.

This is superfluous healthcare spending and waste, which is a much bigger problem than the virus.
This I agree with. Everyone is entitled to 8(!) tests per month by their insurer who will undoubtedly pass that cost along in the form higher premiums. And those free USPS distributed tests aren't "free" either. Though my wife and I did order them.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Why ever bother with this rubbish? You are delusional, and when you say "it's weaker than the common cold," you lose any iota of credibility you ahve on this forum.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
Yeah it is time to move on but is still killing over 2000 people a day in the United States. To those of us vaccinated it may be no worse than a cold but it certainly is not the case to those who are not vaccinated, but I don't give a damn. I doubt 2000 people die a day in the United States from colds... or the flu for that matter so it is still a more severe sickness. I am vaccinated and boosted so I really don't give a shit about the non vaccinated and their health.
I'm vaccinated and boosted and its certainly worse than a cold for me. More like the flu. Guess its a good thing I didn't get delta.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 3:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
I'm vaccinated and boosted and its certainly worse than a cold for me. More like the flu. Guess its a good thing I didn't get delta.
How do you know which variant you have? Was your sample sequenced? Delta is still out there, you might have Delta, or you might have a mutated form of one of the many other variants out there.

Omicron was circulating in the US as early as November 21 according to sewage samples. That is 6 days before South Africa reported an outbreak from a new highly mutated variant which ended up being named omicron. Omicron was all over the world by the time we even heard of the first outbreak.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN Man View Post
How do you know which variant you have? Was your sample sequenced? Delta is still out there, you might have Delta, or you might have a mutated form of one of the many other variants out there.

Omicron was circulating in the US as early as November 21 according to sewage samples. That is 6 days before South Africa reported an outbreak from a new highly mutated variant which ended up being named omicron. Omicron was all over the world by the time we even heard of the first outbreak.
If you're in a major metro, delta is likely not still out there anymore. It may still be circulating in more rural areas.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 3:35 PM
devout Pizzatarian

* posts deleted *

I would like to take this moment to remind all of you political axe-grinding dip-shits that there is a covid thread in the CE toilet specifically designed to contain all of your political dip-shittery.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 4:31 PM
Environmental Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
Well I hope you start feeling better soon. Yeah, I just heard that a friend is pretty sick right now and she was vaccinated and boosted. She is in her early 40's and a healthy active person and claims that this is the sickest she has ever been in her life.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 4:40 PM
Ex Houstonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
Well I hope you start feeling better soon. Yeah, I just heard that a friend is pretty sick right now and she was vaccinated and boosted. She is in her early 40's and a healthy active person and claims that this is the sickest she has ever been in her life.
She might also be sick with the flu or a myriad of other common viruses.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 6:57 PM
The City

The sickest I have ever been in my life was with either strep or mono, and another time with a viral stomach flu. Both within the last 10 years

I guess the time that I caught a flu like illness in India when I was 14 was another one

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 7:09 PM

My workplace seems to be going in the opposite direction when it comes to masks and what not. They recently announced that regular cloth masks are no longer acceptable, and all employees must use a blue surgical mask or an N-95. I believe they're moving toward trying to get everyone to wear an N-95, as they're passing them out to anyone who asks for one. The overwhelming majority of employees are vaccinated, and omicron and subsequent variants are weaker than previous strains. It doesn't make any sense to me, and I've been pretty on-board with masking in public this whole time.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 8:54 PM
Environmental Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
She might also be sick with the flu or a myriad of other common viruses.
Nope. She tested positive for Covid. I would assume it is omicron given the fact that Delta is pretty nonexistent in new cases. Her 16 year old son now tested positive and is sick, but not as bad, yet.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
The sickest I have ever been in my life was with either strep or mono, and another time with a viral stomach flu. Both within the last 10 years

I guess the time that I caught a flu like illness in India when I was 14 was another one
Meningitis was a bitch, but I was pretty young. Also had a really bad case of food poisoning in September that was 10x worse than any of my Covid infections.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions