HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 1:03 PM

A bunch of new stuff came out of city planning last night.

First, next week's planning commission presentation is up. Only one new item - the FNB tower for the Lower Hill. This has been discussed extensively already, as details have slowly leaked out via press releases and other presentations. My feelings haven't changed much. The tower itself is fine, if a little understated save for the 26 stories. I really don't like how the G4 parcel is set aside for open space considering there's already so damn much open space within the master plan. Regardless, it's nice to see something concrete happening...finally...in the Lower Hill.

In addition, a new ZBA is up for the first week of May. There are two small new construction projects.

1. An infill home in Crawford Roberts. No address is given, but this seems to be the location. The design is fairly modern - and I believe this is a market-rate house. The builders seem to want to take advantage of the site location, by having what would normally be the "front façade" of the house face the interior side yard, allowing for huge windows with a panoramic view of downtown (the house is situated near the top of a hill). Even with the hill, I would be worried their view corridor might be partially obscured when the next lot down eventually fills in.

2. A nice little mini-infill project in Manchester. Basically this rebuilds most of a now-vacant block of Manhattan Street, with three new infill houses and one historic home significantly expanded with a new-construction rear wing. All of the homes will have a common driveway, obscuring garages from the street. The new homes will be built in a new traditional style, and at first glance from the front seem indistinguishable from the Second Empire mansard rowhouses common in the area. My only real issue with the design is the window placement on the corner unit seems...random...on the front section, with only one window on the first floor (not centered) and two spaced too close together on the second floor. But that's a small complaint.

Last edited by eschaton; Apr 16, 2021 at 2:35 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations