HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 27, 2015, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
When does Famosa over?
They are not close. I would say July.

Edit: this was posted last week:

Like · Reply · April 17 at 12:56pm
  • Famoso Hill Centre Not for another two months unfortunately! We'll keep you posted on expected opening date as we get closer.

https://www.facebook.com/FamosoHillCentre

Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 4:54 AM

[QUOTE=Stormer;7006294]They are not close. I would say July.

Edit: this was posted last week:

Like · Reply · April 17 at 12:56pm[LIST][*]Famoso Hill Centre Not for another two months unfortunately! We'll keep you posted on expected opening date as we get closer.

The owner has told me July. But they have also had a lot of delays so it could be later but hopefully it is open for summer.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Famoso entrance and posters

Are both doors for Famoso or are they opening up the other side for another business? That street front entrance will be amazing to add some life to that section of Tower II. Are they doing the same thing for Tower I, or is there another restaurant going in Tower I?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2015, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Are both doors for Famoso or are they opening up the other side for another business? That street front entrance will be amazing to add some life to that section of Tower II. Are they doing the same thing for Tower I, or is there another restaurant going in Tower I?
Both doors are for Famoso, plus they have an interior entrance in the lobby. They will also have a patio on 12th.

There is nothing going on in Tower I. HSBC is still there. There are vacancies on Scarth where the former convenience store was located as well as the former CP Presentation Centre.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 2:49 PM

Lot Club appear to be ready to open. Probably a soft, private opening this weekend. https://www.facebook.com/lotclub

Old Posted Apr 30, 2015, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Lot Club appear to be ready to open. Probably a soft, private opening this weekend. https://www.facebook.com/lotclub

My sister was hired to be one of the servers there. It sounds like it's going to be a very nice place with great bartenders. It's a place to go for drinks only - no food will be served. One of their signature drinks is going to be a Kentucky Bourbon Caesar made with crushed Doritos around the rim instead of salt. They're going for a downtown, big-city vibe as a place for business people to go for a drink after work and socialize or as a place to hang out with friends with top notch drinks and good music.

I think you can request an invitation to their soft opening through their Facebook page if you're interested.

Old Posted May 9, 2015, 4:50 PM

Lot Club on Albert opened last night. The also have Food Truck Fridays featuring a different food truck each week in their parking lot.

https://instagram.com/p/2c9bCOBpvH/

Old Posted May 19, 2015, 4:09 AM

The Capitol Jazz Club has had a soft opening. Official opening is this coming weekend. They have a new sign that pays homage to the former Capitol Theatre.

Old Posted May 19, 2015, 2:29 PM

The new Keg Steakhouse and Bar is open at City Centre Crossing.

Old Posted May 19, 2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
The Capitol Jazz Club has had a soft opening. Official opening is this coming weekend. They have a new sign that pays homage to the former Capitol Theatre.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! That sign is gonna look awesome at night!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted May 20, 2015, 5:56 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! That sign is gonna look awesome at night!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a jazz person... at all... but this place is looking so interesting/exciting that I might just have to check it out anyway.

Old Posted May 20, 2015, 7:30 AM
Regina SK

I'm assuming the white portion is backlit as well? Curious to see it at night. The Loggies sign seems out of place now as well. Wouldn't want it gone per se, but it's definitely in a strange spot.

Old Posted May 20, 2015, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I'm assuming the white portion is backlit as well? Curious to see it at night. The Loggies sign seems out of place now as well. Wouldn't want it gone per se, but it's definitely in a strange spot.
Pretty sure the Loggies sign will be coming down. That was probably another guy's job. The wall it is on is in bad shape and needs painting anyway.

Edit: Loggies sign is already down.

Last edited by Stormer; May 20, 2015 at 3:29 PM.

Old Posted May 20, 2015, 5:48 PM

I just heard that there are a couple more chains looking to set up on the Dewdney Strip. One is Hudson's. Not sure of the other just yet.

Old Posted May 20, 2015, 6:23 PM

from Famoso's FB page:

Famoso Hill Centre is proud to be joining the Rebellion. We will be teaming up with Rebellion Brewery to provide our customers with two of their fantastic products in our exclusive to Famoso Hill Centre glassware. A sneak peek of that glassware to come. Keep watching.

Old Posted May 22, 2015, 4:21 AM

Better pic of the Capitol sign

Check out @Arcas_Ad's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Arcas_Ad/status/...989112832?s=09

Old Posted May 22, 2015, 4:27 AM

Cantebury Gardens

It looks like there are some new businesses going in the cantebury gardens first building on Broad Street. There is a sign for a Jeweller beside the Subway place and there is some work happening in one of the vacant spots along the north side of the building going on. Anyone know what's going in there?

Old Posted May 22, 2015, 9:23 PM

It's so wonderful to see all these new businesses opening up, and it will only further make other people want to open more businesses too. So exciting!!!

Is there a tax incentive or something (I can't remember if I have asked this before or if it has been answered) for downtown buildings and businesses now to open street front retail/commercial space in buildings that currently are not active in ground floor use?

Old Posted May 28, 2015, 1:21 AM

Fat Badger has a new patio on the FW Hill Mall. Also I noticed that Taste of Tuscany's patio across the street was very busy tonight. Good to see.

Old Posted May 29, 2015, 8:28 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Fat Badger has a new patio on the FW Hill Mall. Also I noticed that Taste of Tuscany's patio across the street was very busy tonight. Good to see.
I think I've mentioned it before, but its really turning into a restaurant alley of sorts. Would be amazing for the city (or the business together) put up a sort of unified look with some patios all going to the planters. Huge potential there for something really special.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan