HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

View Poll Results: Is Atlanta the most important city in the South?
Yes 59 57.84%
No 43 42.16%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 8, 2021, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
The city's dense tree canopy is impossible to perceive for anyone who can't see what's in front of them and is enjoyed pretty much throughout the city. Don't you have to be within a few blocks of the harbor or lakeshore to experience the fabulousness of said attribute?

How are these not as dramatic as any lakeshore setting!?

Again, what I've been talking about is not about a city's "spectacular" setting, "dramatic" setting, "photo backdrop", nor "fabulousness". It's not a pretty city pissing contest. I'm don't care to get into any of that surface-level BS.

It is much more about a city's reason for settlement and existence in a particular area due to the natural setting... which shapes the very structure, history, fucntion, and feel of the place. I'll say it yet again... Atlanta, Dallas, and Houston could be moved 100 miles in any direction (it's a generalization) and it wouldn't make much difference in how the city looks or functions. There was no major compelling reason to locate any of these cities where they are. Most other major cities in the US have very specific reasons (i.e., natural setting/natural resources) for their founding at their particular locations.

Last edited by pj3000; Jan 8, 2021 at 5:29 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions