HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 28, 2022, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy1 View Post
Thank you SouthCentral PA for all you do, looking forward to a great 2023 for Harrisburg and the Central PA area. Again thanks for a job well done.
Cheers to that Baldy1!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 2:36 AM

Photos taken 01/02/2023 by me on my phone of the Harrisburg University Tower. Interior work is still occurring but the exterior looks pretty much done and I think it turned out really nice!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2023, 3:06 PM
Me?!?

/\
It's a shame that it got scaled down a bit but it's still a great looking project and a very nice mix of blending in with what is there but also adding a modern touch.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2023, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
/\
It's a shame that it got scaled down a bit but it's still a great looking project and a very nice mix of blending in with what is there but also adding a modern touch.
I completely agree! It would have been amazing for Harrisburg to get a new building at the original height but this still turned out really well. I'm hopeful that Harrisburg University continues to do well and will eventually building some more buildings in the downtown area.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2023, 5:40 AM

I can see Harrisburg University in the future expanding down Market street to the old Patriot news property or across the street to the old post office building.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2023, 3:28 AM

I visited Lancaster on 01/07/2023 and was able to snap some photos.

The first is on W King St where Rendevouz Steak Shop used to be. Good sized building for that block and will be interesting to see how the facade turns out.

The parking garage/library/park plaza looks to be complete finally.

Nothing crazy here but a decent looking four story addition at 38 E Walnut St. I do like how they kept the existing row house here and added to the rear.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2023, 3:24 AM

Federal Courthouse in Harrisburg. Photos taken by me on 01/08/2023.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2023, 1:31 AM
Me?!?

New 20-story residential tower will be tallest building in Lancaster County
https://www.wgal.com/amp/article/new...ounty/42722733

Old Posted Feb 2, 2023, 12:46 AM

Quote:
New 20-story residential tower will be tallest building in Lancaster County
https://www.wgal.com/amp/article/new...ounty/42722733
There is a proposal thread for that building here:
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...=245193&page=2

I hope that they actually start construction sometime soon!

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 1:43 AM
Me?!?

Harrisburg Mall owners want to demolish most of it, build stores, offices in its place
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/0...its-place.html

Old Posted Feb 10, 2023, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Harrisburg Mall owners want to demolish most of it, build stores, offices in its place
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/0...its-place.html
I saw this too. Seems like a downgrade in use honestly but at the same time that mall was almost empty so not really a huge loss. Idk.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 3:51 AM

Harrisburg School District to sell former Woodward School property

https://theburgnews.com/news/harrisb...sing-developer

Quote:
On the lot where a Harrisburg school once stood, a developer has proposed a plan to build affordable housing.

In January, Harrisburg School District Receiver Dr. Lori Suski approved the sale of a vacant lot that previously housed Woodward Elementary School, to Harrisburg developer Fernandez Realty Group.

The owner of the company, George Fernandez, is slated to purchase the 1.03-acre property at 1001 N. 18th St. for $240,000 and has proposed constructing a four-story building with 48 affordable apartment units. The building would also house a community room, daycare, food and clothing banks and possibly a pharmacy or clinic, he said.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 3:58 AM

Two affordable housing projects for Uptown Harrisburg receive PC approval

https://theburgnews.com/news/two-aff...ssion-approval

Quote:
Two new development proposals aim to bring additional affordable housing to Uptown Harrisburg.

At a Planning Commission meeting on Wednesday night, developers with Harrisburg-based Vice Capital shared their plans to construct lower-income housing on the 2200- and 2300-blocks of N. 6th Street.

The project, named JMB Gardens, would include the construction of five rowhome-style buildings on several currently vacant lots along the corridor. In total, they would feature 41 affordable units, a community center and 21 off-street parking spaces. According to the proposal, units would include a mix of one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments.

Vice Capital expects the project to cost about $15.7 million, and they hope to break ground in September, according to Sanders.

Additionally, on Wednesday, the commission approved a zoning variance and special exception and land development plan for a proposed affordable housing project on an overgrown lot on the 2100-block of N. 4th Street.

Harrisburg-based nonprofit Tri-County HDC shared their proposal to construct five, single-family townhomes. According to Executive Director Gary Lenker, the homes would be sold to lower-income families for around $100,000 each. Each 1,500-square-foot home would include three bedrooms and one-and-a-half baths.

Tri-County plans to purchase the land from the Harrisburg Redevelopment Authority.

Lenker expects the $1.3 million project to break ground in 2024. It still will need to receive approvals from the Zoning Hearing Board and City Council.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 4:01 AM

Modern-style apartment building proposed along riverfront in Harrisburg

https://theburgnews.com/news/modern-...-in-harrisburg

Quote:
A new apartment building may be coming to Uptown Harrisburg, as a New Jersey-based developer is proposing a 21-unit structure along the riverfront.

On Wednesday night, the city’s Planning Commission heard the proposal by EI Realty of Cedar Knolls, N.J., which wants to raze two mid-century office buildings and build “Dauphin House Apartments,” a modern-style, glass-and-masonry apartment building in their place.

The building plan consists of six, two-bedroom and 15, one-bedroom units located at 2709 and 2717 N. Front St., according to Adam Kerr, vice president of the Harrisburg-based architect EI Associates, an entity affiliated with the developer. The units would rent at market rate.

The project also features 44 parking spaces. These include sheltered parking beneath the three-story building, which would be elevated due to the flooding risk.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2023, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
Federal Courthouse in Harrisburg. Photos taken by me on 01/08/2023.

What an awful POS. It's not even Brutalist. It's just a big thoughtless cement hulk with some glass. I guess to be "edgy", they left a corner missing in the low level section. It doesn't look cool, it looks just unfinished.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 3:48 AM

Federal Building in downtown Harrisburg sells again, second time in a year

https://theburgnews.com/news/federal...time-in-a-year

Quote:
Harrisburg’s Federal Building has sold to an out-of-state buyer, though it’s unclear what plan the purchaser has for the downtown structure.

On Feb. 8, an entity called 1422 Route 179 Florida Realty LLC, bought the 11-story building for $13.13 million from Delaware-based RRF Building LLC, according to Dauphin County property records.

According to Florida corporation records, the contact for 1422 Route 179 Florida Realty LLC is Yasser Halal of Old Bridge, N.J., though the company’s “principal address” is listed as being on Bay Ridge Avenue in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 4:31 AM
Ex Houstonian

Is that Federal Courthouse building new? Looks like a hideous brutalist piece of garbage from the 70's. What was the architecture firm thinking? Perhaps they had just finished watching Judge Dredd.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2023, 2:28 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCentralPA View Post
This is a neat building with so much potential in the heart of downtown and anywhere else this would be a no brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnland View Post
What an awful POS. It's not even Brutalist. It's just a big thoughtless cement hulk with some glass. I guess to be "edgy", they left a corner missing in the low level section. It doesn't look cool, it looks just unfinished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Is that Federal Courthouse building new? Looks like a hideous brutalist piece of garbage from the 70's. What was the architecture firm thinking? Perhaps they had just finished watching Judge Dredd.
Brand new. It's an odd choice but A) does fit in with that section of downtown B) the Feds and Harrisburg are a dangerous combination, and here are the results...looks exactly like I would expect.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 3:38 AM

Quote:
This is a neat building with so much potential in the heart of downtown and anywhere else this would be a no brainer.
Yeah, it's kinda sad to it just being passed around with no clear redevelopment plan. I hope something happens here eventually but I'm not getting my hopes up!

Quote:
Brand new. It's an odd choice but A) does fit in with that section of downtown B) the Feds and Harrisburg are a dangerous combination, and here are the results...looks exactly like I would expect.
And you hit the nail on the head here. There are a lot of similar looking buildings nearby so it doesn't really look out of place. I don't really love how it lucks, but it is honestly just exciting that there are new buildings/construction happening in Harrisburg, IMO!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2023, 2:53 PM

Hey SouthCentralPa have you taken any pictures of any latest construction i.e. Katherine Hershey Early Childhood school on N. 6th street, PA Archives Building, Forum building?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations