HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 10:07 AM
Hong Kong

North York and the City of Toronto ends on Steeles Avenue and York Region continues northwards. Highrises are scattered around the major intersections although the density is nowhere near North York Centre. There are still large communities of lowrise houses.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/to-drone6.htm

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 5:46 AM

Nice pictures again

Old Posted Dec 12, 2021, 4:32 PM
Hong Kong

The Art Gallery of Ontario is the city's premier art museum with a collection of about 95,000 items, including Canadian artists such as the Group of Seven. Located a short walk from St. Patrick subway station and Chinatown, the museum expanded in 2008 with a Frank Gehry-designed structure.

To save on the $25 admission, visit on their Free Wednesday Nights after 6pm with a pre-booked ticket. You can only enter the building with a pre-booked ticket, even if it is free.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/to-ago.htm

Old Posted Jan 25, 2022, 3:14 AM
Hong Kong

The Town of Richmond Hill was incorporated in 1872 as a market town when farmers passed by on Yonge Street on their way to Toronto. Back then, it was a military road to Holland Landing, originally a trail through the wilderness.

The historic town runs along a stretch of Yonge Street north of Major Mackenzie Drive, which includes a number of churches.

Today, all this is surrounded by a modern suburb, with highrise residential towers approaching closely from the south along Yonge Street.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/to-richmondhill.htm

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 1:49 PM
Hong Kong

While today's Markham is known for its suburban houses and big box malls, there are some pockets of history worth seeing.

Start at the Markham Museum, which has a collection of historic buildings in an outdoor setting, showcasing what life was like before the car and development arrived.

Unionville was founded in 1794 and remnants of the village remain along a stretch of Main Street, now absorbed within suburbia.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/to-markham.htm

Old Posted Mar 24, 2022, 3:34 PM
Hong Kong

While there wasn't much going on at Ontario Place during the late fall, it was OK since I came to see the skyline view.

I could see all the way to Mississauga, which is an outlying suburb with a growing skyline in its downtown.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/toronto.htm

Old Posted Mar 25, 2022, 3:51 AM

Nice pictures of the old village centers!

I remember Ontario Place as a young child. We went to the CNE one year when I was maybe 3 or 4. I got lost for a little bit in another building. What I remember with Ontario Place was walking over the water in that narrow enclosed walkway, and that was the first time I walked over top of water that I remember, so I was looking down into the lake.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 2:41 PM
not cleavefied

I appreciate the little slices of the lesser known things (to me).

Now I'm glad I know that Richmond Hill isn't gross through and through.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 11:01 PM
Reach for the Clouds

Good post HK.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2022, 4:23 PM
Hong Kong

Thanks for all your comments.

Here are some shots from Edwards Gardens, which is a quaint urban park with lots of flower displays, and also fall colours in the adjacent river ravine. It's not a top 10 tourist attraction but more for locals to enjoy and hike.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/toronto.htm

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post

I like this gallery, but is it too bright during the day I wonder?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2023, 11:21 AM
Hong Kong

Historically, Toronto, like many other coastal cities, didn't take the best advantage of its waterfront. That is starting to change downtown with a lot of densification and slow progress to clean up that stretch. Out in the suburbs, the results are mixed, although it might be just too wishful thinking to have tens of kms of parkland that stretches across suburbs and cities in a seamless fashion.

More photos on my website : Toronto, Canada Photo Gallery

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos