HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
I saw heavy equipment grading dirt on the office site next to 777 novus. Not sure if they are preparing for the next building or just cleaning up the dirt to fence off to look good? I assume its the latter.

On another note, the Pier (everyone's favorite project lol) had a swarm of activity today.. definitely encouraging to see but I remain skeptical until I see multiple levels rise above grade!

I also say a "Call for offers" pop up in my inbox for a 2.5 acre site adjacent to the pier for sale. Date is set for July 15th so may see something happen there in the next 6-12 months.
Are there any plans available to see for this project, I’m having problems finding anything about it.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Thanks so much for the pictures.

Does anyone know if it's a building code requirement or something to have the electrical boxes out at the street? They did the same thing with Hayden Ferry and the AC Hotel and I dislike the way it looks. Relatively minor, 777 Tower looks great, but just curious.
I agree, its a super odd looking thing but a lot of buildings do it. Kills the overall aesthetic, especially when its on the corner of an intersection. Does anyone have more info on why they need to? Wondering if it just about a government standard for access to service the internal systems, but like.. why does it need to be on the sidewalk? lol

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 3:12 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintur View Post
I agree, its a super odd looking thing but a lot of buildings do it. Kills the overall aesthetic, especially when its on the corner of an intersection. Does anyone have more info on why they need to? Wondering if it just about a government standard for access to service the internal systems, but like.. why does it need to be on the sidewalk? lol
It might be linked to the decreased reliance on alleys for back-of-house-functions. In a more fine-grained traditional urban development pattern, alleys situated every half block become the venue for a lot of features that are necessary but ugly. Newer developments, particularly those built on a large scale, are less likely to have alleys, and always that already exist may be abandoned as part of the development process. Without those miniature utility corridors, the sidewalk is about the only place that boxes like these can go.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 5:54 PM
Skyriser

In SF all or almost all of these are buried, so I would wager SRP doesn't like going underground and needs truck access.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 1:39 AM

ASU Novus Corridor Video

Extracted version of the video on their homepage (no graphics covering the video):https://www.novusasu.com/wp-content/...rridor-_30.mp4

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 4:24 PM

It's a couple months old now but I found a packet presented to the Tempe Historic Preservation Commission in May about the Tempe Depot development proposed on the site of the train station/Macayo's:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=82341

The letter from the developer is dated December 2019, so all of this is likely at best up in the air and at worst changed completely. But as of December 2019 the bullet point details were:

Quote:
  • the preservation and rehabilitation of the approximate 3,370 square foot train depot built in 1924 located along the Site’s western perimeter for retail / restaurant use space;
  • approximately 13,715 square feet of total indoor retail / restaurant use space, up to approximately 5,310 square feet of outdoor dining space, approximately 21,670 square feet of public gathering / plaza space, approximately 2,020 square feet of office lobby space, approximately 860 square feet of hotel lobby space, and six vehicle parking spaces at street-level;
  • six levels of above-grade structured parking providing 1,087 vehicle parking spaces, including 120 tandem spaces for hotel valet use;
  • approximately 2,175 square feet of hotel lobby space, approximately 6,045 square feet of indoor hotel restaurant and bar space, approximately 630 square feet of outdoor hotel restaurant and bar space, approximately 10,310 square feet of hotel meeting space, approximately 25,020 square feet of leasable office space, and a shared amenity deck with a pool and lounging areas on the 8th floor / level;
  • an approximate 1,080 square foot hotel fitness center on the 9th floor of the hotel tower;
  • up to 280 hotel guest rooms on the 9th through 18th floors of the hotel tower;
  • approximately 251,430 square feet of total leasable office space on the 9th through 17th floors of the office tower; and,
  • substantial landscape improvements
The development group looks to be RED and Smithgroup, and the hotel brand was to be a flagship Hilton Hotels and Resorts.

I still don't like the big imposing parking podium; it just seems wrong to have 1000+ parking spaces literally looming over the light rail. But at least they would be preserving the train depot, better utilizing the land, eating up more surface parking and providing an assumedly quality project. Given the information that Central Station in Phoenix had to lose its hotel component because hotels are near impossible to finance currently, I imagine this one won't happen any time soon in this iteration, but interesting to read about regardless.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
It's a couple months old now but I found a packet presented to the Tempe Historic Preservation Commission in May about the Tempe Depot development proposed on the site of the train station/Macayo's:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=82341

The letter from the developer is dated December 2019, so all of this is likely at best up in the air and at worst changed completely. But as of December 2019 the bullet point details were:

The development group looks to be RED and Smithgroup, and the hotel brand was to be a flagship Hilton Hotels and Resorts.

I still don't like the big imposing parking podium; it just seems wrong to have 1000+ parking spaces literally looming over the light rail. But at least they would be preserving the train depot, better utilizing the land, eating up more surface parking and providing an assumedly quality project. Given the information that Central Station in Phoenix had to lose its hotel component because hotels are near impossible to finance currently, I imagine this one won't happen any time soon in this iteration, but interesting to read about regardless.
Let's hope they move forward with the hotel portion, this product is at least 2-4 years from completion (considering the stage they are in now) so there is time for hotels to recover.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 5:15 PM

https://ktar.com/story/3374058/trade...QKH4SP4cu5zG74

Unless I wasn’t paying attention, I feel this went quickly from announcement to build out. Welcome Trader Joe’s this Friday!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 6:45 PM

100 Mill crane going up today.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 12:17 AM

100 Mill Crane

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 12:37 AM

Office development by In N Out

Old Posted Jul 12, 2020, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
100 Mill Crane
Very nice! Tempe is really looking great! I wonder if they are going to shelf the hotel portion

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 2:00 PM

They are moving fast on that Forest Ave highrise. They were working over the weekend and I believe they are on the 8th floor now.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 6:56 PM

777 Novus now complete

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/r...tion-corridor/

Great looking building and and a great starting point for well-designed , attractive buildings as novus moves north.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 10:02 PM

New apartment project proposed at the cross streets of rio solado and smith where a retail development was proposed. Tempe development tracker shows a 5 story project, 310 units.

http://tempegov.maps.arcgis.com/apps...6abf93b858f508

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
New apartment project proposed at the cross streets of rio solado and smith where a retail development was proposed. Tempe development tracker shows a 5 story project, 310 units.

http://tempegov.maps.arcgis.com/apps...6abf93b858f508
I'm not sure which project you're referring to?

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soled View Post
I'm not sure which project you're referring to?
Its under "In review for Planning entitlements. Also looks like the Uhaul next to watermark is getting a new building/makeover

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 3:12 PM

It was called Tempe Station I think...it was a mix of retail and a hotel. They started clearing the site but it stalled. Maybe they think apartments will be more profitable?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 12:45 AM

I'll have a good view of this one going up.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2020, 12:53 PM

Nice Muertecaza!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest