HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 11:22 PM

Thank you Mr. RE! Can see the photos now and I love, love, LOVE the canyon effect that is happening on 7th St

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 11:27 PM
Skyriser

I did not know skiesthelimit was merged with Mr RE to become one superposter, but I guess that's kinda cool. Didn't know SSP could push the limits of biology like that.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit View Post
Apologies to everyone that could not see the photos... not sure what happened there with google photos, it appeared to work for select people, myself included.

I have reuploaded the photos to flickr and everyone should be able to view them now.

Sorry for the delay!
Great update! Thanks for the fix!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 7:01 PM

Wow, wasn't expecting that kind of reaction! Feelin the love from my fellow forumers Let's keep the photo updates rolling! Thanks Skiesthelimit for reposting those pictures are great.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 7:06 PM

Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Wow, wasn't expecting that kind of reaction! Feelin the love from my fellow forumers Let's keep the photo updates rolling! Thanks Skiesthelimit for reposting those pictures are great.
Yes the photo's are definitely appreciated. Thank you for taking the time and effort, especially since I am now back up in Bellingham after being in Phoenix for a couple of months.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 11:19 PM

100 mill

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 11:31 PM

Old Posted Apr 30, 2020, 11:32 PM

Old Posted May 1, 2020, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
If only we could get a live feed cam with this view to watch ever day

Old Posted May 2, 2020, 2:51 AM

Haha! Right! I’m going to start taking more pictures of this spot since it does cover most of the Tempe skyline.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 12:41 AM

Thumbs up Newly Joined!

Hello! New member here; i thought id give a little background!

In fall of 2019 I planned to go to ASU, and upon visiting the school i decided that i wanted to live on campus. After a long debacle i ended up not living in the dorms which i intended but ended up living in the newly build union tempe. Due to the amount of incoming freshman they gave our room to them and set me with 3 others in the Union instead. As i lived there i was blessed to have gotten the top floor apartment with an amazing view of the city which was prime for viewing all the projects going on around us. With this i began my fascination with the design and construction of tall buildings. During this time I also joined the club that gives tours on campus (Devils Advocates) so I really began to embody Tempe as my City. Because of this I hoped and dreamed about Tempe becoming a great metropolis like those of NYC, Chicago, LA, and Miami. As i lived in Union i watched (and heard) Mirabella being constructed from literally the ground up, as well the the hilton. I would check up on the projects often out my window and it amazed me how they grew and riddled me how all the financing/planning/innovation and design that it takes to create structures like these worked. I would talk to my friends about this but they simply did not have the same passion for it that i did. I had always loved architecture and being in a city that was changing and growing was something i couldn't get enough of. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I stumble upon this group of many like-minded individuals. How amazing is the internet - there is something for everyone it seems. I will be moving into Oliv Tempe (the collective) in august to live again in my favorite city and I would love to post often with construction updates since Ill be in the area.

Thanks for reading and i hope to get to know you all soon!

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttown5 View Post
Hello! New member here; i thought id give a little background!

In fall of 2019 I planned to go to ASU, and upon visiting the school i decided that i wanted to live on campus. After a long debacle i ended up not living in the dorms which i intended but ended up living in the newly build union tempe. Due to the amount of incoming freshman they gave our room to them and set me with 3 others in the Union instead. As i lived there i was blessed to have gotten the top floor apartment with an amazing view of the city which was prime for viewing all the projects going on around us. With this i began my fascination with the design and construction of tall buildings. During this time I also joined the club that gives tours on campus (Devils Advocates) so I really began to embody Tempe as my City. Because of this I hoped and dreamed about Tempe becoming a great metropolis like those of NYC, Chicago, LA, and Miami. As i lived in Union i watched (and heard) Mirabella being constructed from literally the ground up, as well the the hilton. I would check up on the projects often out my window and it amazed me how they grew and riddled me how all the financing/planning/innovation and design that it takes to create structures like these worked. I would talk to my friends about this but they simply did not have the same passion for it that i did. I had always loved architecture and being in a city that was changing and growing was something i couldn't get enough of. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I stumble upon this group of many like-minded individuals. How amazing is the internet - there is something for everyone it seems. I will be moving into Oliv Tempe (the collective) in august to live again in my favorite city and I would love to post often with construction updates since Ill be in the area.

Thanks for reading and i hope to get to know you all soon!
Welcome! And if you want to take and post some pictures of those top floor views, I wouldn't be mad about it

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 4:37 PM

Welcome to the forum Ttown5!!

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 5:00 PM

My office reopened today so I'm back poking around online and in person in downtown Tempe. Noticed that the Tempe development tracker has the Omni hotel listed as in review for a building permit:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=80989

Haven't gone by recently enough to check to see if they are clearing the site of Mirabella materials yet, but it will be awesome if there is little to no gap between big projects on that corner.

I also have a good view of 100 Mill. The big hole is looking good, and I should be able to snap some pictures once the columns start going up.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
My office reopened today so I'm back poking around online and in person in downtown Tempe. Noticed that the Tempe development tracker has the Omni hotel listed as in review for a building permit:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=80989

Haven't gone by recently enough to check to see if they are clearing the site of Mirabella materials yet, but it will be awesome if there is little to no gap between big projects on that corner.

I also have a good view of 100 Mill. The big hole is looking good, and I should be able to snap some pictures once the columns start going up.
As of this weekend no work going on with the Omni, still looks like Mirabella storage.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
As of this weekend no work going on with the Omni, still looks like Mirabella storage.
I expect that to be the case until Mirabella wraps up... I say we see Omni start to move in 3rd or 4th quarter of this year.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 8:46 PM

FAA determination for a few projects:

100 Mill (300') https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/WebBlobServlet

999 Play (240' Luffing Crane):https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/WebBlobServlet

Omni Hotel (190'): https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/WebBlobServlet
With the following description:The Omni Hotel at Arizona State University is a 16 story hotel with 331 guestrooms, a ballroom, meeting rooms, restaurants, elevated pool and pool bar, rooftop bar and associated facilities.

Novus Crane (165') https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/WebBlobServlet

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 10:58 PM
Skyriser

It should be fun to watch 999 Playa go up. The crane dancing around the power lines should be a sight.

Old Posted May 5, 2020, 11:46 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
It should be fun to watch 999 Playa go up. The crane dancing around the power lines should be a sight.
Wait...are we talking about this?

A 240' luffing crane for a 6 floor building or is there something else going up?

Old Posted May 6, 2020, 12:25 AM
Skyriser

I thought that was odd too but the building will be tall enough and the boom goes straight into the air above it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest