HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 22, 2024, 3:48 AM
Fake News

Proud / happy dad moment tonight when my eldest drew a picture of me for the first time.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2024, 5:32 PM
inner city

^ that’s so awesome! I’m really looking forward to the handmade art and cards etc.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2024, 4:51 PM
Mooderator

Hey, that looks a lot like my kids drawings back in the day. Bonus Spiderman sticker too!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2024, 5:20 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Proud / happy dad moment tonight when my eldest drew a picture of me for the first time.

It is such a great feeling when that happens for the first time. Quite the fledgling artiste!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 11:08 PM
Fake News

Hey dads, just a reminder to get your shingles shots even if you’re under 50. I developed shingles this weekend and it’s the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. Didn’t think I had to worry as I’m 40. Combo of weakened immune system (thanks preschool) and stress can help it develop at any time if you had chicken pocks as a kid. Nothing like having little ones crawl on you as your head feels like it’s frying in lava.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 11:30 PM
Mooderator

Quote:
Hey dads, just a reminder to get your shingles shots even if you’re under 50. I developed shingles this weekend and it’s the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. Didn’t think I had to worry as I’m 40. Combo of weakened immune system (thanks preschool) and stress can help it develop at any time if you had chicken pocks as a kid. Nothing like having little ones crawl on you as your head feels like it’s frying in lava.
My dad got it a few years ago and was convinced it was just 'poison ivy' and he must have scraped a bush or something.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 11:48 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
My dad got it a few years ago and was convinced it was just 'poison ivy' and he must have scraped a bush or something.
Mine started as neck muscle pain at the start of the week. Thought I slept wrong. By Saturday every hair on the back of my head felt like an electric needle in my scalp. Went to urgent care, then ER. The pain is like nothing I’ve ever experienced before.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 3:55 PM
inner city

Thanks for the reminder, O-tacular.
My Dad also got it a few years ago, and I know he was in excruciating pain, too. Needed help getting dressed, found it impossible to get to a comfortable temperature at night, and had some sleepless nights.

Sorry to hear about what you went through. :/

Old Posted Apr 24, 2024, 3:55 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKellarDweller View Post
Thanks for the reminder, O-tacular.
My Dad also got it a few years ago, and I know he was in excruciating pain, too. Needed help getting dressed, found it impossible to get to a comfortable temperature at night, and had some sleepless nights.

Sorry to hear about what you went through. :/
Thanks! Today has been better at least. I was on two narcotics yesterday and still felt the pain very strongly. Today it seems to have subsided and I don’t have any more leaking wounds on my head. My 2 year old was very concerned, staying glued to me all day and bringing me books to read and hugs.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2024, 4:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks! Today has been better at least. I was on two narcotics yesterday and still felt the pain very strongly. Today it seems to have subsided and I don’t have any more leaking wounds on my head. My 2 year old was very concerned, staying glued to me all day and bringing me books to read and hugs.
Get better soon. Yikes. You have a great Kid there.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2024, 1:31 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Kids are sometimes the biggest pain, but also the best medicine of all.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2024, 5:23 PM
Fake News

Yeah it’s difficult to heal when all you want to do is rest but kids require attention. Things were feeling better yesterday but today feels worse.

Old Posted Today, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Yeah it’s difficult to heal when all you want to do is rest but kids require attention. Things were feeling better yesterday but today feels worse.

Sorry to hear this. One bit of advice. I take Lysine Daily. About 10,000 mg per day. Its high, but very effective. Its an Amino acid that rebuilds and heals muscle, tissue and skin quickly. Burn units in hospitals use it via IV drip for burn patients. You can find it at Walmart or most bigger retail stores. It also relieves Anxiety and cold sores.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada