HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #19581  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 10:06 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,110
Demo App submitted for adjacent building next to McKinley Club for the First McKinley (McKinley Green) development. Also, looks like JE Dunn will be the general contractor. They are the company is currently constructing Moon Tower and we all see how fast that one is moving.

I'm betting this and Union Phase 2 will be built nearly concurrently.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19582  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 11:21 PM
ASU Diablo ASU Diablo is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Demo App submitted for adjacent building next to McKinley Club for the First McKinley (McKinley Green) development. Also, looks like JE Dunn will be the general contractor. They are the company is currently constructing Moon Tower and we all see how fast that one is moving.

I'm betting this and Union Phase 2 will be built nearly concurrently.
Excellent update. First McKinley looks awesome and will be an excellent addition to the area. I've always liked the old McKinley Club building so I'm really glad it's getting rehabbed in the process as well.

Bonus if it goes up around the same time as Union Phase 2.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19583  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 11:29 PM
Obadno Obadno is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Excellent update. First McKinley looks awesome and will be an excellent addition to the area. I've always liked the old McKinley Club building so I'm really glad it's getting rehabbed in the process as well.

Bonus if it goes up around the same time as Union Phase 2.
Didnt this one also include a grocery store?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19584  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 11:37 PM
ASU Diablo ASU Diablo is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Didnt this one also include a grocery store?
Right. Not sure if this is still the plan however. Article is almost 5 years old.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...enix-real.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19585  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 12:17 AM
Chestnut1 Chestnut1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 106
Final building plans for Society Phoenix phase 2 were just submitted, so this one seems to be moving along.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19586  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 5:56 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnut1 View Post
Final building plans for Society Phoenix phase 2 were just submitted, so this one seems to be moving along.
Saw that. I submitted a records request a couple weeks ago for phase 2 and nothing was available yet. I'll submit another one and see if there are any new renderings yet.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19587  
Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 7:25 PM
TJPHXskyscraperfan TJPHXskyscraperfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnut1 View Post
Final building plans for Society Phoenix phase 2 were just submitted, so this one seems to be moving along.
I feel like this should of all went up at the same time. I would not want to be a resident on the north side of the building with all the construction noise.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19588  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2022, 9:20 PM
thespiandave thespiandave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 57
Pics from Downtown

Didn’t have time to sort them all out, but here are some pictures from a jog this morning: https://imgur.com/gallery/STxmujo
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19589  
Old Posted Jan 23, 2022, 9:33 PM
azliam azliam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiandave View Post
Didn’t have time to sort them all out, but here are some pictures from a jog this morning: https://imgur.com/gallery/STxmujo
Thanks for posting. That color on Derby is fugly IMO.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19590  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 1:31 AM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Newark, California
Posts: 6,693
Derby looks so bad. No wonder their hero rendering was at night.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19591  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 2:14 AM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,838
Somehow it looks like the Sheraton but uglier.
__________________
Mr. K the monopoly man
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19592  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 3:24 AM
Sunsfan87 Sunsfan87 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 150
The Central Park

The Central Park project at Indian School Park is on the cover of the latest AZRE magazine. Maybe this will start moving soon? I didn’t see anything in the rest of the magazine about it. https://azbigmedia.com/publications/...bruary-2022-2/

Gensler has the project on their website: https://www.gensler.com/projects/the...rk?e=developer
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19593  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 3:08 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Modulator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Derby looks so bad. No wonder their hero rendering was at night.
They really cut back on the design from the original renderings. I'm not sure if this was due to the pandemic or what, but it seems to be a common theme with towers built here. Adeline was also watered down from the original renderings. The backside of Derby was supposed to feature a diamond-patterned metal covering over the façade. The colors are just awful. Very disappointed in how it came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post
The Central Park project at Indian School Park is on the cover of the latest AZRE magazine. Maybe this will start moving soon? I didn’t see anything in the rest of the magazine about it. https://azbigmedia.com/publications/...bruary-2022-2/

Gensler has the project on their website: https://www.gensler.com/projects/the...rk?e=developer
Gensler is just the architect of record and I'm guessing they're just using this development to showcase their work. There has been no movement on the project and nothing has been submitted outside a fact finding and site development plan.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19594  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 4:42 PM
somethingfast's Avatar
somethingfast somethingfast is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In A Van Down By The River
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Gensler is just the architect of record and I'm guessing they're just using this development to showcase their work. There has been no movement on the project and nothing has been submitted outside a fact finding and site development plan.
Seems like the City should hold developers to their final renderings and not allow a lot of cost-cutting changes from final rendering to final design implementation. I mean, if you got a feature greenlighted by City you should have to produce that in the final construction seems to me.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19595  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 5:37 PM
Obadno Obadno is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,936
For a very long time Phoenix as a city was not in the position make a lot of demands on developers.

We are now getting to the point that we can. But 10 or 20 years ago trying to push a lot of dictates on a tower would just result in the developer bailing for greener pastures.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19596  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 6:07 PM
somethingfast's Avatar
somethingfast somethingfast is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In A Van Down By The River
Posts: 717
i hear ya however this just seems like an issue of, you build what you said you were gonna build otherwise we have some problems, ya know? if your final design shows a crown you shouldn't be able to deliver a flat-top. i realize there are small variances always but color etc shouldn't be one of them.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19597  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 6:46 PM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Newark, California
Posts: 6,693
P&Z has lamented the fact that they have no enforcement capability. About the best they can do is shoot for "general conformance to the site plan."

But having gone through the zoning code, the only thing Derby is really in violation of is the entirely-subjective section that says "[a]bove 65 feet, tall building[sic] should not have massing that is boxy, bulky, and elongated."

https://phoenix.municipal.codes/ZO/1215
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19598  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 8:28 PM
Obadno Obadno is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post



Gensler is just the architect of record and I'm guessing they're just using this development to showcase their work. There has been no movement on the project and nothing has been submitted outside a fact finding and site development plan.
Im not so sure they cleared the site of most small brush and debris a few weeks ago.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19599  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2022, 9:34 PM
somethingfast's Avatar
somethingfast somethingfast is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In A Van Down By The River
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
P&Z has lamented the fact that they have no enforcement capability. About the best they can do is shoot for "general conformance to the site plan."

https://phoenix.municipal.codes/ZO/1215
wow, that is indeed pretty vague. "general conformance" is pretty dang vague lol. but makes sense why we see such good renderings result in increasingly value-engineered compromises...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19600  
Old Posted Jan 25, 2022, 2:50 AM
Phxguy Phxguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 1,112
Is anyone aware of a project known as VeLa Roosevelt on the NEC of Pierce and Central Ave? It was brought to my attention recently from a reputable source but this is the only info I have at this time. Can anyone work their magic?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:12 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.