HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty Joe View Post
is 835' accurate given the speculated floor bump?
Oh that's a good point. I will look into it and see if there are any new height figures. Will update article if so!

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 4:18 AM

Ok here’s what I came up with. Long story short I think it’s now 859 feet above Riverwalk with a height bump of 24 feet, give or take.

I lined up the old and new elevations so that they were roughly the same width/scale, then measured the height in Sketchup, using original elevation's height as the constant. Below is an overlay showing the possible discrepancy. I believe the Option A (height bump) one is correct, but just in case I mixed up the ground and riverwalk levels, I included a no-height-bump Option B:

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 4:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Ok here’s what I came up with. Long story short I think it’s now 859 feet above Riverwalk, give or take.

I lined up the old and new elevations so that they were roughly the same width/scale, then measured the height in Sketchup, using original elevation's height as the constant. Below is an overlay showing the possible discrepancy. I believe the Option A (height bump) one is correct, but just in case I mixed up the ground and riverwalk levels, I included a no-height-bump Option B:

Wow - awesome work. Where are you getting the updated stacking plan from? Option A would be a 24' increase - more than I was expecting. 24' is not totally trivial.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 4:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
Wow - awesome work. Where are you getting the updated stacking plan from? Option A would be a 24' increase - more than I was expecting. 24' is not totally trivial.
Whoops meant 24'! Updated image above and including again here:

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Also the "Old" elevation was latest shown in PD PDF: https://gisapps.chicago.gov/gisimage...g_pds/PD98.pdf

The "New" version with supposed height bump is the latest on the 333 website: https://www.333wolfpoint.com/wp-cont...cking-Plan.pdf

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Also the "Old" elevation was latest shown in PD PDF: https://gisapps.chicago.gov/gisimage...g_pds/PD98.pdf

The "New" version with supposed height bump is the latest on the 333 website: https://www.333wolfpoint.com/wp-cont...cking-Plan.pdf
I'm pretty sure that pdf (second) is the old stacking plan. The url is from 02/2020 as well. It shows the old setback from 50 to 51 which is different than the current construction pics which shows the setback from 51 to 52 with 51 being the taller floor instead of 50.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 4:46 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that pdf (second) is the old stacking plan. The url is from 02/2020 as well. It shows the old setback from 50 to 51 which is different than the current construction pics which shows the setback from 51 to 52 with 51 being the taller floor instead of 50.
Wow I need more coffee, I see what you're saying with the url - it would be outdated in that case. If I'm understanding correctly you're currently under the impression of three slight-floor bumps with 15' in added total height?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 4:51 AM

Quote:
Wow I need more coffee, I see what you're saying with the url - it would be outdated in that case. If I'm understanding correctly you're currently under the impression of three slight-floor bumps with 15' in added total height?
Yeah, simply going off of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
So the final height will be about 15ft above published. Have this on good info. 3 floors with a extra couple feet each
and the observed changes based on photos.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 5:00 AM

Quote:
Yeah, simply going off of

and the observed changes based on photos.
Perfect, thank you! Updated article to mention this: https://chicagoyimby.com/2021/12/sal...n-project.html

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 7:05 AM

Quote:
Perfect, thank you! Updated article to mention this: https://chicagoyimby.com/2021/12/sal...n-project.html
Cool!

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 9:49 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
But .... think of what we have lost

The parking

The natural river front

The view of the Holiday Inn !
Well done trying to sell what used to be on that site. I remember every time I would visit Chicago, I would be confused why such a big site on the river sat empty....or home to cars on a surface lot.

As for the natural shoreline, I am sure people can see things washed up on the shoreline further up the river.

Though those people in those towers do get to enjoy that sick view of the Holiday Inn. So that's a win.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 6:21 PM
ψ Sailor of the Mind ψ

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Ok here’s what I came up with. Long story short I think it’s now 859 feet above Riverwalk with a height bump of 24 feet, give or take.

That's some impressive pixel counting. As much as I would love to see a height bump here, Option B looks more likely to me since the exposed lower-level columns and other details at the base line up much better in that diagram (but not the ground floor, for some odd reason). I dunno. I suppose as reporter you could pick up the phone and give someone at Hines or Walsh a call if you want to end the speculation? Worth a shot, especially if you can get an exclusive story out of it.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Loving how the Merchandise Mart Christmas lights are reflected in that little puddle, hehe.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2021, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
That's some impressive pixel counting. As much as I would love to see a height bump here, Option B looks more likely to me since the exposed lower-level columns and other details at the base line up much better in that diagram (but not the ground floor, for some odd reason). I dunno. I suppose as reporter you could pick up the phone and give someone at Hines or Walsh a call if you want to end the speculation? Worth a shot, especially if you can get an exclusive story out of it.
Yes this would be fantastic.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2022, 12:14 AM
ψ Sailor of the Mind ψ

Apparently this Dec 31 shot is the last sunset for 2021 for Chicago. Thought it was pretty sweet.

A good year for the skyline I suppose. I almost kind of mistook One Chicago for the Vista tower for a second.

Saleforce is topped out I believe, right?

Credit: vashon_photo[/IMG]

Old Posted Jan 1, 2022, 12:42 AM

Dec 30

Old Posted Jan 1, 2022, 2:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Apparently this Dec 31 shot is the last sunset for 2021 for Chicago. Thought it was pretty sweet.

A good year for the skyline I suppose. I almost kind of mistook One Chicago for the Vista tower for a second.

Saleforce is topped out I believe, right?

Credit: vashon_photo[/IMG]
Super photo - I may use it for my laptop background!

Salesforce has another 2 floors worth of height on the core I believe. Nice to know that it will be tall enough to have some impact on this vantage point.

Crazy that St Regis/OCS/Salesforce are all additions in the last 24 months to this skyline.

Any of 400 N Lakeshore/Site I/Tribune East would have a big impact on this view as well. Here's for hoping one of them gets going in 2022!

Old Posted Jan 1, 2022, 5:02 AM

Man, St Regis really been throwing off the exhaust on the roof. Is the restaurant open cooking up some char dogs?

Old Posted Jan 1, 2022, 11:35 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

today

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction