HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 6, 2022, 4:29 PM
TL;DR

Yeah Drive Shack canceled their plans to build in Chicago as well.

I dunno, Topgolf is weird to me. Very expensive with mediocre food, not much fun if you're not a good golfer. I'd rather just go bowling. But the ones we have here are always crowded so I guess there is potential.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 1:17 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Yeah Drive Shack canceled their plans to build in Chicago as well.

I dunno, Topgolf is weird to me. Very expensive with mediocre food, not much fun if you're not a good golfer. I'd rather just go bowling. But the ones we have here are always crowded so I guess there is potential.
Never been to one, but it seems like some people really like it. Just hate seeing that eyesore right off of the interstate.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Never been to one, but it seems like some people really like it. Just hate seeing that eyesore right off of the interstate.
The one in Baton Rouge is ALWAYS packed, sometimes with a 3+ hour wait. I think it would stay busy in New Orleans, especially if ends up near the convention center so that tourists have convenient access.

Old Posted May 10, 2022, 4:05 PM
TIGERS NATIONAL CHAMPS

Are there any updates on the Hard Rock ?
Are they planning to rebuild or will this be a different use?

Old Posted May 10, 2022, 7:19 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla_tiger View Post
Are there any updates on the Hard Rock ?
Are they planning to rebuild or will this be a different use?
I think that lot will sit vacant for quite sometime while the investigation and legal proceedings commence. Hopefully Kailas goes bankrupt and is forced to sell. That family should never be allowed to be issued a permit to build something ever again and or go to jail.

Old Posted May 10, 2022, 11:50 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
I think that lot will sit vacant for quite sometime while the investigation and legal proceedings commence. Hopefully Kailas goes bankrupt and is forced to sell. That family should never be allowed to be issued a permit to build something ever again and or go to jail.
Lawsuit city.. I really think block 37 in chicago is a good comparison of what to expect here ... it will be developed at some poiint but who knows when

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 5:47 PM
TIGERS NATIONAL CHAMPS

Thanks both!
That's what I thought.

Old Posted May 11, 2022, 6:28 PM

A 'vote of confidence' in New Orleans: Canal Street apartment complex sold for $120M

https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...01c08ebc3.html

Canal Crossing, a high-end apartment complex that has been a prominent part of the revitalization of upper Canal Street over the last few years, has sold for $120 million to a California-based real estate investment firm.

Passco Companies, of Irvine, California, said it bought the 330-unit complex and its 500-space parking lot — which is now known as Canal 1535 — primarily because of its proximity to the burgeoning biomedical district in that part of the city.

"We found it to be a great market for job growth and migration with all the education and healthcare employers moving in," said Stacy Stemens, a senior vice president at Passco. "That's who's renting there and the rents are aggressive."

Rents are soaring
Units in the nine-story building average just over 900 square feet and rents have shot up amid a nationwide shortage of rental properties.

Stemens said that as leases turn over, rents that were about $1,500 to $3,500 a month are now averaging between $2,500 and $5,500 for the one- and two-bedroom units. In the New Orleans area, rents have increased by 8% in the six months ending in April, contributing to what fair-housing advocates say is an escalating affordable-housing crisis.

Old Posted May 12, 2022, 3:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...01c08ebc3.html

Canal Crossing, a high-end apartment complex that has been a prominent part of the revitalization of upper Canal Street over the last few years, has sold for $120 million to a California-based real estate investment firm.

Passco Companies, of Irvine, California, said it bought the 330-unit complex and its 500-space parking lot — which is now known as Canal 1535 — primarily because of its proximity to the burgeoning biomedical district in that part of the city.

"We found it to be a great market for job growth and migration with all the education and healthcare employers moving in," said Stacy Stemens, a senior vice president at Passco. "That's who's renting there and the rents are aggressive."

Rents are soaring
Units in the nine-story building average just over 900 square feet and rents have shot up amid a nationwide shortage of rental properties.

Stemens said that as leases turn over, rents that were about $1,500 to $3,500 a month are now averaging between $2,500 and $5,500 for the one- and two-bedroom units. In the New Orleans area, rents have increased by 8% in the six months ending in April, contributing to what fair-housing advocates say is an escalating affordable-housing crisis.
As a neighbor I am so stoked about this. Hopefully it encourages Jaeger to sell the jung and 1630 canal to someone who might utilize these properties to their full potential.

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 10:58 PM

Hey guys check this article out and take a listen to the podcast. Sounds like the state and city are working hard to bring a major name in video game development to the city. GNOinc and the state hosted an event called Game Fete where they invited 40-50 studios from North America and Europe, and seems the “Low cost High culture” and diversity of the city was a true selling point for the companies. Listening to the podcast they(state) mentioned that they received lots of follow up calls and emails.

It would be nice to see Microsoft’s Xbox, Activision or Ubisoft open a major office / studio in the city to be that major household name we need for our tech industry here.

https://omny.fm/shows/new-orleans-ww...g-on-game-fete

Old Posted May 14, 2022, 12:26 AM

Chick-fil-A's first Orleans Parish standalone outlets get final clearance

https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...39333a751.html

The first standalone Chick-fil-A outlets in Orleans Parish are under construction after final permits were granted this week.

Demolition has begun at the site on the corner of Tulane Avenue and South Carrollton Avenue on land owned by garbage magnate Sidney Torres IV, who bought the entire block, including the adjacent Fountainbleau Apartments, a year and a half ago. The 2,600-square-foot Chick-fil-A at the busy corner was the most controversial of the three planned city outlets, which includes a branch in the Algiers Plaza shopping center on the west bank and one at 1200 Poydras St., in the Central Business District.

Old Posted May 14, 2022, 12:28 AM

The Shrine on Airline could get a major facelift in Metairie. Here is the latest idea

https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...e2e8bc112.html

Metairie's Shrine on Airline, which has sat mostly vacant since the Babycakes minor league baseball team decamped after the 2019 season, could be headed for a major face-lift.

Jefferson Parish and state officials are in talks about transforming the stadium, built in 1997, from one built largely for baseball into a rectangular alignment that would allow it to host more high school football, rugby, soccer and concerts.

Parish officials are considering using $15 million in American Rescue Plan funding for the project, although the renovation is expected to cost two to three times that much. The federal disaster money was distributed to local governments to mitigate the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.

Old Posted May 16, 2022, 1:08 AM

They could easily do another Chick Fil A on Claiborne Uptown

Part of me feels like Tulane/Carrollton should be a roundabout

Old Posted May 16, 2022, 4:27 AM

Other intersections where a roundabout would really improve traffic flow are Claiborne & MLK/Felicity and St. Bernard Ave. & Gentilly/De Saix.

Old Posted May 16, 2022, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
They could easily do another Chick Fil A on Claiborne Uptown

Part of me feels like Tulane/Carrollton should be a roundabout
Agreed, I drive this way for work daily and never see too many cars waiting for this light. All the heavy traffic is riverside of 10.

Old Posted May 16, 2022, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Other intersections where a roundabout would really improve traffic flow are Claiborne & MLK/Felicity and St. Bernard Ave. & Gentilly/De Saix.
Yes!!! *ALL* of lower Claiborne just needs a redo.

I'd settle for painted lanes, however.

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 1:21 PM
-

606 Tchoupitoulas St·New Construction · Ref Code:12EKCE
View Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Degruy Derrin
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/2/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
change of use from vacant space to a tattoo parlor

2900 Perdido St·New Construction · Ref Code:WFBCS4
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Grace Hebert Curtis Architects
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/2/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
A two-story 80,500 square feet facility on the former Templeton I and II site, which is bounded by Perdido Street, the former S. Dupre Street right-of-way, Interstate 10, and the former S. Gayoso Street right-of-way. It would contain 89 beds for inmates with acute and sub-acute mental health conditions. It includes a laundry, a centralized visitation area for attorney and family visits with a public entry point, housing support with counseling rooms and mental health staff work areas and additional space including an infirmary, clinic, and administration. It will connect via an elevated walkway to the existing OJC structures on either side.

717-719 Canal St·HDLC COA · Ref Code:24FFLG
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
John C Williams
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
5/6/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
Renovation of existing storefront.

3321 St Charles Ave·New Construction · Ref Code:TAFTUP
View Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Diane Hickman
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
5/12/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
Construction of new McDonald's Restaurant per plans.

Old Posted May 17, 2022, 3:38 PM

Audubon Aquarium renovations underway in New Orleans. See renderings of $41 million

https://www.nola.com/news/business/a...5cc4910b0.html

There was a collective sigh of disappointment two years ago when the Audubon Nature Institute announced that its much-loved Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium in the old U.S. Custom House on Canal Street would be closing, another of the city's sacrifices to the pandemic.

Those worried that a promised relocation would see it re-emerge as merely an adjunct to one of Audubon's other properties can now rest assured: the $41 million upgrade to the newly-named Audubon Aquarium and Insectarium, which recently got underway, will put the bugs and the fish on a nearly equal footing.

The renovation project — scheduled to be completed next summer — will increase the size of the exhibit space for the Insectarium compared to its former home. It also creates a joint entranceway fronting the Mississippi River that's about 30 yards downriver from the aquarium's former lobby. Visitors entering through the new 60-foot glass and steel portal will be given the choice to go left for marine life or right for the arthropod experience....

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 2:05 PM
-

1620 Dumaine St (Ref. Code: EGVAF4)
NO HDLC
Description
New construction of a two-story, commercial building on a vacant lot.

717-719 Canal St (Ref. Code: 24FFLG)
CBD HDLC
Description
Renovation

3900 Amanda St·New Construction · Ref Code:QAD0SM
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Somone Miller
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
5/18/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
ADDRESS LISTED IS INCORRECT. The Correct address is: 15431 AMANDA ST, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70131. Permit use to build solar powered camping (glamping) oasis. With an onsite bike/cart/scooter rental, event space and shop. And owner-occupied cabin.

2501-2537 Tulane Ave, 2500-2520 Banks St·NPP Notifications · Project #22-0596 · Ref Code:THUWQK
View Download (1) Print Summary Submit Remove from Watch List
Type:
NPP Notifications
Applicant:
2537 Tulane Properties LLC
NPP Generated
Date Filed:
5/12/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
NPP list with 600 ft buffer for site over 25,000 sf of retail sales of packaged alcohol

2537 Tulane Ave·NPP Notifications · Project #22-0571 · Ref Code:FY6FGX
View Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
NPP Notifications
Applicant:
2537 Tulane Properties LLC
NPP Generated
Date Filed:
5/9/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
NPP list for retail sales of packaged alcohol floor area 13,000 sf

Last edited by tennis1400; May 19, 2022 at 3:00 PM.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:38 PM
-

Dear Colleagues, Friends, Family and Fellow Citizens:

I am writing to inform of a recent project of which I have undertaken to create definition, infrastructure, employment, and prosperity in St. Tammany Parish. Presently, Crosby Development has approximately 900 acres under ownership or site control, the assemblage of which forms the near entirety of the Northwest Quadrant of the Interstate 12 and Highway 1088 interchange. A significant portion of this land control includes The McEnery Tract at 1088 and I-12. For your reference, I have attached detail on our land holdings under control. Our focused intention is to create a critically needed advanced manufacturing and logistics park with best-in-class industrial development occupied by household names all of whom will create a quality economic and social environment for St. Tammany Parish. Our vision here is very much aligned with what other efforts in similar surrounding Southern states have achieved. As a reference, the attached packet includes some examples of these similar industrial facilities we intend to model.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations