HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 23, 2022, 3:19 AM

Can anyone tell me a good site where I can find all Austin construction activity? There's a lot going on along Burnet Rd south of Anderson, and I'm particularly interested in what is being built on the site where Wells Fargo Bank was located just south of the intersection of Braker and Research. I'm betting it's going to be a multilevel apartment or condo building. The construction site is huge. Also interested in knowing some details on what is being built near Anderson and Rockwood (another huge site).

Old Posted Apr 23, 2022, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviationGuy View Post
Can anyone tell me a good site where I can find all Austin construction activity? There's a lot going on along Burnet Rd south of Anderson, and I'm particularly interested in what is being built on the site where Wells Fargo Bank was located just south of the intersection of Braker and Research. I'm betting it's going to be a multilevel apartment or condo building. The construction site is huge. Also interested in knowing some details on what is being built near Anderson and Rockwood (another huge site).
The Austin section of this forum is the best place by far. And how do you not know that?

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2022, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Here you go.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2022, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
I updated the Austin Tallest Projects List:

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...05&postcount=6

There are at least 53 tower projects over 300'. Of those, 30 are over 400', 20 are over 500' and 11 are over 600'. Hopefully the supertall at #1 will get a green highlight on the next update. There are also 10-12 other projects that will make the list once we get public info on the height.
Cool!

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
The Austin section of this forum is the best place by far. And how do you not know that?

This section almost never discusses anything other than talls, and mostly downtown. I'm not asking about talls.

Edit: Syndic provided a link to a part of the forum I have not seen before.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
Thank you. I've never come across that part of the forum. Thanks for being helpful.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 4:01 AM

Quote:
Thank you. I've never come across that part of the forum. Thanks for being helpful.
There is no HAIF or Dallasmetropolis equivalent that I am aware of but the Austin subsection does a pretty good.

"Such then is the human condition , that to wish greatness for one's country is to wish harm to one's neighbor" Voltaire

Old Posted Apr 24, 2022, 7:30 PM

Quote:

This section almost never discusses anything other than talls, and mostly downtown. I'm not asking about talls.

Edit: Syndic provided a link to a part of the forum I have not seen before.
I was referring to the Austin subforum that Syndic linked to. Threads like Domain/North Austin, East Austin and Austin Update are frequently updated with smaller projects. But there is so much going on that a lot of stuff doesn't receive much attention.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Last edited by The ATX; Apr 24, 2022 at 7:41 PM.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2022, 4:22 AM

Yeah I wish I could go out and take more pics of projects like I used to. But I do what I can. If we all do the same, we can stay somewhat on top of things.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2022, 8:27 PM

https://www.austinmonitor.com/storie...c-designation/

There's too much equating of the actual physical space to the business and its clientele. Iron Bear is great but has only been in that location 3 years. The building doesn't seem historic. I remember when it was District Bar and Grill and Oslo of all things.

"monolithic towers that are as culturally antithetical to the spirit of Austin as they are tall"

“To eventually destroy all of (the warehouses) for giant high-rises, full of people living like the Borg, with no place to go that is human-scale and human-interest is not where we want to take downtown.”

but there was counterbalance in the article

Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 1:02 PM

Fifth and Lavaca Hotel Tower Plan Heads for Historic Review

Quote:
A hotel tower planned for the southeast corner of West Fifth and Lavaca Streets in downtown Austin will seek the approval of a demolition permit for two adjacent properties at 209 and 213 West Fifth Street from the Historic Landmark Commission early next month, according to city documents. The 28-story project by local hospitality builder Merritt Development Group proposes a 454-room dual-branded hotel containing two Hilton-owned identities: Embassy Suites and the Motto by Hilton “micro-hotel” flag, with each brand respectively occupying 268 and 186 rooms.

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 2:20 AM
クラブトクヨ

I like this one. Looks pretty good!

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
I like this one. Looks pretty good!
I agree!

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 4:18 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...ies-tower.html

Judge approves $95M sale of prime downtown development site once controlled by Nate Paul

Quote:
Provided the transaction ultimately closes, the partners hope to eventually build a mixed-use tower on the site that could feature a high-end hotel, office space, condos and ground-floor retail, sources said.

While the development team is still early in the planning process, they are said to be looking at architects to design what could potentially be one of the tallest towers in the Austin skyline. Sources familiar with the deal suggested the tower could ultimately rise as high as 90 stories — making it the tallest tower in Texas.

Others played down the potential of a record-breaking tower at the site, especially considering the uncertain status of the sale and economic conditions that could be unpredictable over the coming months and years. An existing ground lease at the site is another ongoing issue that could impact a potential project timeline."

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 4:36 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Does the property sale include both the surface lot and the two story building? Based on the article it appears that way.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 5:37 PM
DENNAB

Another new tallest? Holy sh*t.

Texas is on fire. It could be the tallest in the US outside NY or Chicago.

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 8:07 PM
Chairman

"90 stories - making it the tallest tower in Texas". Since when does number of floors make a building the tallest?

-sb

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 8:09 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
"90 stories - making it the tallest tower in Texas". Since when does number of floors make a building the tallest?
For some reason, that is the only metric by which "journalists" judge height.

Crazy to think...Austin could have the two tallest towers in Texas: "98 Red River" at 1,022' (site prep underway) and potentially this one at maybe 1,250'.

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 8:12 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
For some reason, that is the only metric by which "journalists" judge height.

Crazy to think...Austin could have the two tallest towers in Texas: "98 Red River" at 1,022' (site prep underway) and potentially this one at maybe 1,250'.
"Suspect in today's shooting is described as 2 billion cells tall."

-sb

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 10:23 PM

The 1250' number that I've seen people quoting would make this tied with the Empire State for 9th in the USA. Personally I doubt this'll end up anywhere near that tall but man, wouldn't that be amazing to see in a city that didn't have a building over 500 feet less that twenty years ago?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations