HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 13, 2019, 5:51 PM

Old Posted Jun 13, 2019, 6:28 PM

Man. That's a lot of real estate.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 11:46 AM

Anyone know what the development across the street from this is? Seen in the picture in the last post. Looks like townhomes. But by who, and is there a name for the complex yet?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/22...2!4d-75.177019

Cherry Street Capital 113-27 LLC, but that doesn't really tell me much.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 12:41 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Anyone know what the development across the street from this is? Seen in the picture in the last post. Looks like townhomes. But by who, and is there a name for the complex yet?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/22...2!4d-75.177019

Cherry Street Capital 113-27 LLC, but that doesn't really tell me much.
The project is called 23 Logan.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
The project is called 23 Logan.
Thanks. That helped. Here it is: https://usconstructioninc.com/project/23-logan/ Another lackluster, mediocre design by Cecil Baker. But doesn't look too bad.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 8:47 PM

Cores are on the rise again. Could see them peeking above the PRR viaduct from my train.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 1:38 PM

The area around 23rd and Race is about to balance out that section of downtown with more shopping and eating options. If we could get a new construction project at 23rd and Market across from PECO that would complete the area nicely. I love this project and I hope the first design is what is constructed.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstilt View Post
The area around 23rd and Race is about to balance out that section of downtown with more shopping and eating options. If we could get a new construction project at 23rd and Market across from PECO that would complete the area nicely. I love this project and I hope the first design is what is constructed.
What's coming to 23rd and Race? I believe the lot on the North side of Market across from PECO and next to the Trader Joe's building is polluted and requires remediation. That complicates development. Peco has looked into selling it before but I believe remediation costs make it economically infeasible for development at this time. Someone else may have more info.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 4:16 PM

well, this explains some of the slow/no progress:

Developer PMC halted construction at waterfront apartment tower for weeks over work without permits

Quote:
Inspectors issued a stop-work order, but when they returned to the 60 N. 23rd St. project for a followup visit about two weeks later, they saw that construction had continued, so they shut down the entire site, Guss said.
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20190722.html

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 4:51 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
well, this explains some of the slow/no progress:

Developer PMC halted construction at waterfront apartment tower for weeks over work without permits

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20190722.html
how is this even possilbe? could it be a technical oversight with the GM? It's not like you can hide a project of this massive size. SMH. And, PMC is not a fly by night landlord either.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
how is this even possilbe? could it be a technical oversight with the GM? It's not like you can hide a project of this massive size. SMH. And, PMC is not a fly by night landlord either.
When all the construction plans are permitted at once one person is responsible for doing them all, except for plumbing, fire safety, elevators, etc, so doing piece mill takes longer and costs more, but PMC might be doing this to try to avoid the oversight that comes from one person looking at everything and then be able to sneak something in. Or in this case sneak something out, like public access to the park. I'm not saying that's what is happening, but just suggesting a possible motive; and PMC has gamed the system in the past.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 9:09 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Ok, that makes sense, but I would of thought the General Contractor would be on top of this and make sure all the subs work are permitted. I can't image big construction companies like Hunter Roberts, Peroni, L.F. Driscoll and others that work in this area don't have people that provide this oversight. To me, it's kind of a black eye on the GC and not the subs per se. Optics wise when an REIT or University or Big business is looking for a GC to build a highrise for them and they see stuff like this not in order, the reputation of the GC is tarnished.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 1:22 AM

this is crazy- hard to believe a major league player would operate like this

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
this is crazy- hard to believe a major league player would operate like this
Well, PMC does seem to push at the edges, doing what they can to increase their bottom line. Yes they are a major league player in the CC apartment market, but they also have a reputation for shoddy construction. I assume that is based on the specs and tolerances that PMC choses to work with, not the GC's choice. I believe they function as their own in house construction manager, who is usually totally responsible for the whole build----top to bottom, including the general building permits.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Well, PMC does seem to push at the edges, doing what they can to increase their bottom line. Yes they are a major league player in the CC apartment market, but they also have a reputation for shoddy construction. I assume that is based on the specs and tolerances that PMC choses to work with, not the GC's choice. I believe they function as their own in house construction manager, who is usually totally responsible for the whole build----top to bottom, including the general building permits.
that is definitely a bit strange and would explain the corner cutting. I just dont see how a company that has built so much in Philly would be stupid enough to think they could get away with building without permits.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
that is definitely a bit strange and would explain the corner cutting. I just dont see how a company that has built so much in Philly would be stupid enough to think they could get away with building without permits.
I doubt they "thought they could get away with it" - more likely a massive screw-up on somebody's part and some major internal miscommunication that somebody is getting canned for.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:14 AM

A lot of progress now that the permit issue is resolved!

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 1:34 AM

Finally!

Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 11:32 AM

You can see the crane for these buildings from South Street Bridge just to the left of the PECO Building

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 2:42 PM

Progress on the parking garage sections - but the tower cores haven't moved in a long time. In fact, the southern tower core has graffiti on it, it's been so long since any movement I guess a local graffiti artist deemed it a new canvas to tag!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive