HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 6:14 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

@C

Front page updated. I presume latest Q1 list for 2022.

Hopefully Urban Ready Living starts up as the market improves. One would also think some movement on 30 Journal Square Plaza considering the restart of many projects across the Hudson, would seem natural for Jersey City given that it feeds off the local sphere.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
@C

Front page updated. I presume latest Q1 list for 2022.

Hopefully Urban Ready Living starts up as the market improves. One would also think some movement on 30 Journal Square Plaza considering the restart of many projects across the Hudson, would seem natural for Jersey City given that it feeds off the local sphere.
They must be having financing problems or something. URL was the fastest leasing apartment complex in New Jersey ever. It's been enormously profitable as they've been able to rent the units far above what they original pro forma called for. The market demand is there, especially for high-rises with an iconic view of the Manhattan skyline. Yet, nothing. All three of the URL buildings should have been built by now. But instead buildings like 25 Charlotte or whatever they're calling it by now leap frog and was constructed instead.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 5:20 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I think may be 100% correct. Hopefully they can finish out the complex in time. URL has been a big success, phase one.

Hopefully 2022 provides some good feedback. And some action on Kushners part with 30 Journal.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 5:31 PM

The Kushners were already supposed to be square with the city(pardon the pun) and ready to start on One Journal Square, right in front of their cousins Journal Squared project, which is already starting on its third and last tower. They had the revised, slightly shorter though still immense two tower project yet again greenlighted. Still, NOTHING. It was supposed to start in the spring of 2021. Before they start 30 Journal Square, get this empty eyesore built up. THIS is supposed to be the anchor to the new Journal Square.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 5:05 AM

32-34 Cottage St is being land banked for three years. Planned to be 32 floor building. In the interim, it will be a parking lot.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nz...Ur-4TLRkRCKA79

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 3:45 AM

262 Johnson anyone

\
Image https://www.mhsarchitects.com

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 6:18 AM

Nice. Hopefully this is the first of a bunch of highrises for that part of Jersey City.

That area needs density and height.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 3:51 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Love the tower, but looks pretty isolated.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Love the tower, but looks pretty isolated.
The first big tower in an area is always going to be isolated and stand out. It will blend in with time if others are planned. I'm reminded of Journal Square when the first 51-storey tower started to rise. It must have been about 3 times taller than anything else in the area. Nowadays, there is a whole new skyline in Journal Square with the peak at 70 storeys and a bunch of mid-rise buildings. It works now, but it was hard to see the vision when the site was just a rooming house.

Crawford, agreed. It looks like there is plenty of vacant land that could see high-density development. I'm not sure about the zoning for the area or what the redevelopment plan states. I'm going to take a look now. What I really want to see is that awful surface parking for the Liberty State Park station be redeveloped. It doesn't have to be highrises but townhomes to midrises with a structured parking deck would be such a better use of land.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 3:48 PM

80 Journal Square

New 26 floor building proposed at 80 Journal Square. 368 units residential units, 20,000 sqft of office and retail. 187 bike spaces and zero parking.

The midrises have come to Journal Sqaure. This replaces the CH Martin store.

I hope they include an underground connection to the PATH in exchange for higher densities or something.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2022, 2:58 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^^

Tops out at 283 feet. Nice infill (80 Journal Square).

Also at 591 Montgomery Street, an 18 floor high rise proposed.

For 591 Montgomery Street:

Old Posted Feb 18, 2022, 3:08 PM

Nice project, chris! Hopefully even more mid-high rises like that for the neighborhood in the coming years, a great complement to Journal Square development.

Frustrating news... looks like the 50 story Saddlewood project on Marin Boulevard that would replace those couple of blocks of one story buildings appears dead due to the Fulop administration recent demand that it be a 100% union project. It still likely would have used a considerable amount of union labor, but would have hamstrung it into spending aboout 70 million more(which would have greatly reduced its ability to turn a profit). The developer said that if that request had been made early on, they would have found a way to get it done but this is like changing the rules in the eighth inning.

Crushing thing about this is that the developer would have invested in a critically needed elementary school plus significant parkland. I love good paying jobs, and am not here to rail against construction unions, but the Fulop administration really messed this up (all the homes had been sold and the developer was going to provide compensation, even settling with the last holdout who tried to sue to stop the development) and hopefully can work with the developer to reverse his decision to withdraw from the project. This would have been a very impactful project, building on its neighbors 331 and 351 Marin and providing, most importantly, huge community benefits. I'm hoping this can be reversed but doesn't seem encouraging right now.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 11:15 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Made a new comparison. Jersey City; 2022 vs 2011 (Q4)

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 11:19 PM
Show me the blueprints

I wonder how many years it will take to see an enormous development at the Communipaw terminal site.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 6:14 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

Both Jersey City & Manhattan are two different cities in those pics. What a difference a decade (and change) makes...
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Both Jersey City & Manhattan are two different cities in those pics. What a difference a decade (and change) makes...
^ And they just keep getting bigger and bigger every year!

Old Posted Feb 25, 2022, 9:16 AM

It's odd looking at pictures of Manhattan from the 90s and early 2000 compared to now. There has been so many new additions to the skyline that we've become accustom to. Whole new city indeed.

It's not outside the realm of possibilities that in 10-20 years Jersey City will look like an extension of Manhattan. The density of the new developments is very high, even by Manhattan standards. Some cities build towers in a park, but Jersey City is staying true to itself. A lot of the developments here have the big city feel to them. 99 Hudson, Goldman Sachs building, etc. I just wish more homeownership/condo options get built. Right now everything is geared towards rental. But then again, who can afford property in this crazy real estate market ALONG with New Jersey's super high property taxes. The cheapest condo in the city is probably costing $4,000 to $5,000 in carrying costs (mortgage principle, interest, taxes, and insurance).

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 3:50 AM

C, what do you think of the renderings of the West Side Crossing project? The developers have a complete set of renderings on their website, the westsidecrossing.com.

Last edited by citybooster; Mar 8, 2022 at 5:28 PM.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 1:42 AM

^ Love it.

Lots of new stuff

96 Tonnelle Ave

https://jerseydigs.com/96-110-tonnelle-ave-renderings/

Mid-rises are coming to Journal Square. This replaces a two-story residential building. Kind of shocked to see this kind of height on Tonnelle however.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 2:03 AM

Also, I'm willing to bet the Marion PATH station happens within a decade.

I'd keep an eye on the 250 acres of land part of the former PSGE Hudson Generating Station. It could be a Bayfront 2.0 but with Journal Square densities. It's about 800 meters from the PATH tracks to the former power plant. The land is inhospitable now due to the industrial nature and having to past underneath Route 1/9, but I can see a scenario where the whole area gets redeveloped and an entrance to the Marion PATH station located north of the highway and leading to a long tunnel to the actual station. Developers can ten advertise a one seat 20 minute ride to Manhattan right next to the Marion PATH entrance.

A developer already bought the land and is building a "logistics park", but I bet that will be an interim use and the site will one day be made residential. IF the Marion PATH station gets built.
https://www.hilcoredev.com/projects/...logistics-park

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations