HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 1:03 AM

MINNEAPOLIS | Minneapolis Rebuilds

I wanted to start a dedicated thread to covering the rebuilding process for sites left behind by buildings that were fully destroyed by arson during the unrest in May and June. I'm not necessarily opposed to including renovations of damaged buildings here, but I am personally going to focus on trying to document each ground-up new building on the site of buildings that were fully destroyed. I thought it would be helpful to have this as its own thread, rather than mixed in with the Minneapolis general development thread. If any moderators feel differently and think they should be combined, that's fine, but if it's all the same to everyone else, I'd appreciate keeping it separate.

If possible, I'd like to limit the discussion here to the physical recovery of East Lake and other areas that sustained damage. Discussions of police brutality, racism, politics, policy, and crime are all important, but if we could please focus this thread on the physical reconstruction, I would greatly appreciate it.

I've been waiting for the first rebuilding projects to get started so that I could start documenting them. For awhile, Wellington's Midtown Corner was the only site working on a ground-up rebuild, but just in the last week a couple others got started, so I thought it was time to start a thread.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development