HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 5:24 PM
Team Alinghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Good find although we basically know this already (the five to seven years part at least).
Unless the condo market magically gets better I could definitely see this one switching to rentals like 400 LSD, 1000M.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 5:40 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Not trying to be a debbie-downer, but prepare yourself for a possible haircut to the 700-800 ft range.

I have no official information other than history (400 LSD, One Chicago, WPS, both WL high-rises that were originally 600+ft, and 1000M). It is an extremely disappointing trend.
Quote:
Chicago does seem to be allergic to supertalls as of late, even before covid.
I'd note the Vista Tower actually got a height increase to be the second highest roof in the city (albeit barely). Not saying Chicago hasn't disappointed but it's not all bad.

Didn't 110N Wacker get a bump too?

Quote:
Unless the condo market magically gets better I could definitely see this one switching to rentals like 400 LSD, 1000M.
That could be a wise move, or at least more rentals than Condos

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 1:08 AM

This building isn't going to get downsized significantly. This is the last remaining parcel in LSE. The land has already been paid for ten times over. It also just so happens that this is one of the last remaining riverfront and lakefront parcels downtown. There is no way Magellan is going to leave behind a significant chunk of density or FAR and massively slash this projects height.

The zoning entitlements for a building of this size are already in place, there isn't going to be a meeting where this gets shot down and the alderman can't do shit. This is completely different from the other examples listed.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 2:08 AM

^ Exactly and not to mention the developer negotiated to have one less building were Cirrus and Cascade were in exchange for added height at site I... So cant see them not taking advantage to the fullest

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 3:07 AM
1st Ward

Definitely, and hopefully we see a height increase to supertall status as a result!

The only real con of the building plan redesign is that the large concrete wall on the Chandler, which was initially to be temporary until covered by a planned adjacent building, will now be a permanent feature.

Perhaps they can splash up a nice mural or something on there

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 3:30 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
Definitely, and hopefully we see a height increase to supertall status as a result!
Considering that 950' looked to be the height without the parapet, it's probably already there. Another 1-150 feet from the sheered 195N could yield an ~1100+ footer.

I'd rather it not create a plateau with Vista and AON though, I think 1050 would be a good height for this. That or way taller (which probably won't happen).

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post

The only real con of the building plan redesign is that the large concrete wall on the Chandler, which was initially to be temporary until covered by a planned adjacent building, will now be a permanent feature.

Perhaps they can splash up a nice mural or something on there
I agree. It’s so big and bright that I regularly notice it from planes.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals