HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 8, 2021, 3:47 AM

With buildings like these, I always feel like the 'Frames' and 'floorplate edgings' shouldn't be so bright and white. I feel like you can more gracefully fit into the landscape with a darker colour, a nice sky blue or dark blue, or even a nice crimson or wood brown, soft orange. White is classy, don't get me wrong, but very overused to the point of becoming too much of a dominant colour in most modern skylines now.

Same with blue glass. Go for an interesting glass colour sometimes!

Good tower though

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 12:41 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 2:39 AM
Show me the blueprints

That's one fine building.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 11, 2022, 8:16 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

550 Clinton Avenue Wraps Up Construction In Clinton Hill, Brooklyn

Quote:
Exterior work is wrapping up on 550 Clinton Avenue, a 29-story mixed-use project in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn. Designed by Morris Adjmi Architects and developed by Hope Street Capital, the 280,000-square-foot structure will yield 284 apartments and about 60,000 square feet of retail space. 550 Clinton Avenue is bound by Atlantic Avenue to the south, Clinton Avenue to the east, and Vanderbilt Avenue to the west.

Façade installation has been finishing up since our last update in July, with significant progress on the four-story podium, which is now mostly enclosed in its exterior system of glass and precast concrete panels. The following photos show the dominating presence the tower makes on the surrounding low-rise neighborhood.

The closest subways from 550 Clinton Avenue are the A and C trains at the Clinton-Washington Avenue station to the north, while to the west is the Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center station with access to the B, D, N, Q, R, 2, 3, 4, and 5 trains and the Long Island Railroad.

550 Clinton Avenue is expected to be completed by next summer, as stated on the construction board.
================
NYY

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive