HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I saw this on the local news. I tried to see where it was on 400 (Channel 2 had their helicopter view with the road names visible), but I didn't have my glasses. My first thought was: What impact will this have on Gas South Arena? This is close to me and I like the road upgrades planned. I also like hockey and it would be nice to have an NHL team again and right at my house! According to my wife, there are too many people, too many cars, and too much development out here and she says no.
The map shows the intersection of Union Hill, McGinnis Ferry, and Ronald Reagan. I grew up not too far from there. This will be crazy to see if it ever happens. I can remember when Forsyth county was THAT county.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
Drive-to urbanism aside, it really is...as far as stadium/arena developments are concerned. Teams nationwide point to the Battery and LA Live as districts they want to emulate for their developments.
I could agree with that, just feels like including that qualifier is important.

Old Posted May 4, 2023, 7:51 PM

The Gathering South Forsyth

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 1:58 AM
Fourth and Main

Northside Gwinnett Hospital Expansion:
Is this a new tallest for Lawrenceville and Gwinnett? These cranes are highly visible and very impressive when driving in that area. If you go over there, they charge for parking at that hospital.

This is from Today (May 23), around lunchtime, in Lawrenceville:

Credit: Me (Matthew DuMont)

Rendering:

Credit: Northside Hospital

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 2:49 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Is this a new tallest for Lawrenceville and Gwinnett?
It will be 257 and apparently the only other building in the County that might be taller is Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta. https://atlanta.urbanize.city/post/g...ildings-begins

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Northside Gwinnett Hospital Expansion:
Is this a new tallest for Lawrenceville and Gwinnett? These cranes are highly visible and very impressive when driving in that area. If you go over there, they charge for parking at that hospital.

This is from Today (May 23), around lunchtime, in Lawrenceville:

Credit: Me (Matthew DuMont)

Rendering:

Credit: Northside Hospital
That is quite impresssive...

Old Posted May 25, 2023, 9:07 PM

The Vision for Doraville's city center revealed

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...l?cx_testId=40

Quote:
Atlanta-based Kaufman Capital Partners recently completed a conceptual plan for the project, poised to take shape between New Peachtree Road and Buford Highway near MARTA's Doraville station. At a May meeting, City Council agreed to move forward with evaluating the feasibility of the early vision before creating a final plan, which could surface later this year.

The city center will replace an assortment of vacant land, aging municipal buildings and commercial space spread across approximately 20 acres, including 13 acres of city-owned properties. The area roughly comprises the same scale as Downtown Duluth. It could eventually be expanded with buy-in from neighboring owners, such as redeveloping surface parking at the MARTA station.

On the opposite side of the MARTA station from the city center, Gray Television Inc. is replacing the former General Motors plant with a film and entertainment campus. The broadcast company is pausing plans to add housing, shops, restaurants and a hotel to the site in light of market conditions. But it is still moving forward with building 19 sound stages.

Old Posted May 26, 2023, 6:11 PM

Old Posted Aug 1, 2023, 3:37 PM

Assembly Atlanta complex continues to rise & renderings

https://siteselection.com/investor-w...in-atlanta.cfm

Six bungalows will sit along a football-field-sized pond for film producers, actors, directors and crew to relax in.

Assembly Atlanta’s 5-acre park will include an amphitheater, fountains and a 144-ft. tower.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Aug 1, 2023 at 4:23 PM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2023, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

-bring-new-beginning-in-atlanta.cfm"]https://siteselection.com/investor-watch/end-of-summer-to-bring-new-beginning-in-atlanta.cfm[/URL]
If only there were actual buildings in Atlanta designed like that first group. ugh.

Second, will this be accessible to the public? I ask because of the amphitheater. Will this be used for public events?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2023, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post
If only there were actual buildings in Atlanta designed like that first group. ugh.

Second, will this be accessible to the public? I ask because of the amphitheater. Will this be used for public events?

The article says they intend to have public events at the amphitheater every month.

Quote:
Assembly Atlanta will provide the public access to take a stroll in the park, enjoy concerts and events at the amphitheater, and enjoy the view of the ponds.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2023, 1:41 PM

You expected me to read an article???

Thank you for answering my question.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2023, 8:25 PM

N Druid Hills & Buford Highway master plan unveiled

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-concepts.html

Quote:
Brookhaven officials are examining a couple sections of Buford Highway where they see potential for walkable, mixed-use districts in the future.

In a master plan prepared for the city, design firm HKS Inc. envisioned new housing, shops, restaurants, offices, recreational space and other uses rising around the highway's intersections at North Druid Hills and Briarwood roads. Most of the land is now used by low-rise commercial buildings, surface parking and older apartments. Buford Highway serves as metro Atlanta's hub for international cuisine and cultures.

Brookhaven hopes to spur high-rise development along Buford Highway, especially at North Druid Hills Road. It's on the opposite side of Interstate 85 from Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and Emory’s Executive Park, which are collectively bringing thousands of jobs to the area.

HKS pictures a health-anchored hub with medical offices at North Druid Hills Road and Buford Highway. A concept for the area includes 6,275 multifamily units, 95 townhomes, 358,500 square feet of retail, 1,167 hotel rooms and nearly 1.4 million square feet of offices. Surface parking lots could be replaced with decks, while new infrastructure could enhance pedestrian safety.

About 1 mile to the north, Buford Highway and Briarwood Road is proposed as a central gathering spot. The area could potentially handle 4,385 multifamily units, 560 townhomes, 245 hotel rooms, 535,000 square feet of retail, 355,000 square feet of offices and 1.1 million square feet of recreational space.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2023, 9:06 AM

Highstreet progress

Old Posted Sep 23, 2023, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Looks a lot like Avalon.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2023, 5:13 AM

Port of Savannah Seeks OK to Add Terminal — On an Island
Resulting from this new Hutchinson Island terminal in the next 5 years together with conversion of the Ocean terminal to two additional post-Panamax berths over the next 2 years, this will double the Savannah GPA handling capacity to 30,000 container traffic loading-unloading ops per day by 2030. It insures further development of Atlanta region distribution logistics because a large percentage of Savannah container traffic is processed in Atlanta. GPA operations in Savannah will be 100% containers. GPA breakbulk and roll-on/roll-off traffic will be handled exclusively at GPA Brunswick. There are also private facilities south of downtown Savannah which handle non-container cargo.
In terms of Atlanta future as a logistics and operations hub this news is more important than 500 high-rises. Let's keep things in perspective.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2023, 12:31 PM
Fourth and Main

University of North Georgia - Cumming Campus Expansion:
The University of North Georgia is constructing a $12.5 million, 27,300-square-foot, addition to its Cumming Campus. It will allow the campus to expand to 2,200 students and train many of those new students in the fast-growing health care and technology fields. The building expansion will have spaces for chemistry, physics, foreign language classes, and computer labs, in addition to general college campus uses. Interestingly, the small campus currently has around 1,400 students! I took this photograph a week or two after the topping-out ceremony. This is the half-way point in construction. Completion is set for Fall 2024.

University of North Georgia - Cumming Campus Expansion:

Credit: Me - Matthew DuMont

Rendering (It's the entire right half of the building):

Credit: University of North Georgia

While I was there, I photographed this mystery structure or crane...

Credit: Me - Matthew DuMont

What is that? It appears to be a crane, but I guess it could be a mountaintop broadcast structure under construction?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2023, 7:18 PM

Food hall to open in Roswell

Roswell Junction, a food hall and entertainment complex under construction at the site of the former Atlanta Street Baptist Church, is set for completion in June 2024.

By incorporating the venue’s design into the historic facility’s campus, Roswell Junction backers say the destination gives new purpose to a local landmark.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2024, 6:13 PM

Commercial interior construction firm CA South has leased around 7,400 square feet at Southern Post, a 4.3-acre office, retail and residential project in Roswell, according to landlord Armada Hoffler Properties. CA South will relocate its headquarters from The Battery Atlanta, where it has leased around 10,000 square feet at 800 Battery Ave. for the past six years.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2024, 6:02 AM
Fourth and Main

Forsyth County Administration Building:

Credit: Forsyth County

This future building was a big news story for the past week or two, but I keep forgetting to post it.

The new $114 million administration building will become a one-stop shop for all resident needs, with 17 departments consolidated into one structure. This building will allow them to separate their public meetings and public meeting space from the rest of the building, allowing security to lock-up the building without waiting for everyone at the meetings to leave. It will be located on Freedom Parkway.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta