HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
The chart is 2007-2016 data. The 2021 data is entirely different because it showed from 2016-2021 less lower income people left while more middle and high income earner left

Dude the 70-90k box is literally the same shade as 2/3 of the lower income boxes... how do you know it's not the same exact raw number?

I dont even know what youre talking about now. All I'm doing is counting the boxes from the left...
You pulled numbers out of your ass. Admit it.

No. The 2021 data showed a very tiny amount of high income leaving, and still more lower income than middle.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:12 PM

This conversation is making me brain dead.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
You pulled numbers out of your ass. Admit it.

No. The 2021 data showed a very tiny amount of high income leaving, and still more lower income than middle.
What number did I pull out of my ass? The example where I said one box has 100 people and the others have 40 people? Did you really think I was saying those were the actual raw numbers? Hahaha. Okay I'm done. Thats just hilarious dude.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:19 PM

Never said was raw numbers.

It was hilarious you made up numbers for your argument though. I should've quit then.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:25 PM

Are you guys not embarrassed carrying on like this?

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:33 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Depends on where you are living. In Austin maybe not. In parts of DFW, probably not either although you could get lucky. But you can in a lot of San Antonio and Houston, let alone the smaller metros in Texas.
No. I lived on that briefly in between jobs not that long ago (2015-2016) and barely eked by and relied on help from family to survive. At the very least, it's lower middle class/ working class. Cost of living is not that cheap here anymore. Sure, you can still get an apartment in a shitty part of town for $600 but it's still a shitty part of town. $40 grand is not what it used to be. Anywhere.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
No. I lived on that briefly in between jobs not that long ago (2015-2016) and barely eked by and relied on help from family to survive. At the very least, it's lower middle class/ working class. Cost of living is not that cheap here anymore. Sure, you can still get an apartment in a shitty part of town for $600 but it's still a shitty part of town. $40 grand is not what it used to be. Anywhere.
No? Okay for you. I lived on $40k when I first moved to CA back around that time too and paid for my own place at $950 per month (deal I met through a friend of a friend), plus $300 car note I split into two payments per month, and rode the Metro to work. It all depends on what you're spending your money on. I know people RIGHT NOW living on that in Texas. If you're consuming then yeah it's not a lot. But like I already said it's at the low end of middle class. Working class is a good term for it which is why I said it's a transition zone moving into middle class.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions