HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 1, 2019, 6:49 PM
METRO: Encanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
I didn't realize there was a second set of self checkout registers until I was on my way out the door. Used the one by the salad bar and had a quick bite in there.

I am surprised that they put in an actual full grocery store. I think all this time I had been envisioning a limited stock with maybe two selections of TP instead of all the brands or five types of cereal instead of all the cereal. Very cool that it's a complete store.
It's pretty close, content-wise, to their 20th St/Highland store. I noticed a few things missing but not much.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 12:40 AM

Oblique Aerial images of Block 23 from 10/16/2019

Block 23 facing North 10/16/2019

Block 23 facing East 10/16/2019 - view is blocked but you can still see the Fry's sign

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 12:59 AM

Where are you pulling these awesome sat images from??

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 1:47 AM
Skyriser

If I didn't know better, I'd say that's expertly shot drone photography.

An incredibly welcome addition to the forum whatever the source.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 6:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_PHX View Post
Oblique Aerial images of Block 23 from 10/16/2019

Block 23 facing North 10/16/2019

Block 23 facing East 10/16/2019 - view is blocked but you can still see the Fry's sign

Where did u get these?

Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Where are you pulling these awesome sat images from??
They are early access oblique shots from Maricopa County's aerial flight. They are not publicly accessible, but they will most likely be available to view on the Parcel Viewer app Spring 2020.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 5:57 PM

Probably has nothing to do with this development now but some relevant drama at Red:

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ommercial.html

Quote:
A former business partner is suing Red Development LLC managing partners Scott Rehorn and Michael Ebert, alleging the two men have used the Phoenix company’s name improperly while completing projects that only benefit Rehorn and Ebert, rather than all of the firm’s equity partners.

Dan Lowe, a co-founder and former managing partner at Red, left the company in 2012 but remained a minority owner of the business, according to the lawsuit filed in Dallas County court in Texas. The suit alleges Lowe had an agreement with Ebert and Rehorn that required Lowe to continue to receive documentation, financial information and distributions from Red, and be treated the same as the other owners.

However, Lowe, who now runs Kansas City-based Legacy Development, alleges he has not received the documents he is entitled to from Red since 2012 and has not received any distribution from the company since 2013.

Ed Novak, an attorney with the Phoenix office of Polsinelli representing Red, said Lowe’s allegation that he has not received documents to which he is entitled is incorrect. Novak showed the Business Journal a log of documents accessed by Lowe and his associates during the time Lowe claims to have been denied access. Correspondence between lawyers for Lowe and lawyers for Red examined by the Business Journal show Red’s lawyers offered Lowe access to budgets and quarterly financial documents, which Novak said were then uploaded to a server Lowe was able to access.

“Dan Lowe gave up all rights as a manager, officer or director of any Red entities, and accepted a small minority interest in a number of properties,” Novak said.

Novak said Lowe has no interest in the company's properties developed after 2012, which includes the newly developed Block 23 in downtown Phoenix.

Lowe's lawsuit alleges Ebert and Rehorn would take out loans on properties owned by Red and use the money on larger, legacy projects, including Block 23, while leaving the older projects saddled with debt and increasingly vacant, diminishing the value of the other owners' stakes.

Lowe alleges in the court papers the value of his stake in the company has dropped from about $62.9 million to $14.5 million.

Novak disputes the valuation, noting Lowe claims he has not been provided documents that would illustrate the value of his stake.

The suit also alleges that Ebert and Rehorn were improperly using the Red Development name on projects, particularly Block 23. According to the suit, the two developed Block 23 using Red Development resources, but did not pay market value for Red’s resources.

“Ebert and Rehorn are developing the property under the Red Development name using Red Development resources, but without reimbursing the company for services at market rates and without giving a piece of the equity to Red Development’s equity holders,” the suit said. “They effectively are subsidizing their own private investments on Lowe and the other Red Development owners’ dime.”

Novak said Lowe has no claim to any cash distributions from Block 23, which was developed after Lowe split from the company, but said the projects' investors will be paid before Ebert, Rehorn and the other owners.

Lowe has previously been accused of fraud and breach of contract in Missouri and Kansas including failing to distribute funds to business partners in several cases that have since been settled, according to court documents.

Said Novak, “Red has been in town 20 years and has never had a fraud lawsuit in 20 years.”

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 6:30 PM

Block 23 Digital Screen

Saw on Instagram that the large digital screen on Block 23 is supposed to go live today.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 7:06 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post
Saw on Instagram that the large digital screen on Block 23 is supposed to go live today.
Awesome! I'' be downtown after work. I'll grab a pic!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 3:05 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post
Unfortunately, it was not lit up yet last night. Maybe a delay?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Unfortunately, it was not lit up yet last night. Maybe a delay?
Very soon. The original plan was for it to be turned on 6 weeks ago. So no rush at this point hahaha

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 8:46 PM

Should be running by EOD Monday - assuming there aren't any technical issues.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 11:03 PM

Block 23 Electronic Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Should be running by EOD Monday - assuming there aren't any technical issues.
Can someone get a photo?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
Can someone get a photo?
Its on.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 3:14 PM

Yeah drove by it last night and looked pretty awesome. The shitty part is it already has some dead pixels lol assuming it gets fixed. It was like a 1x1 section. Pretty noticeable from the street.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 3:27 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
Can someone get a photo?
Ask and ye shall receive. Screen is so bright, it was lighting up the entire block of Talking Stick.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Ask and ye shall receive. Screen is so bright, it was lighting up the entire block of Talking Stick.

Don't lie...you went to The Jonas Brother's concert last night huh?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:36 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Don't lie...you went to The Jonas Brother's concert last night huh?
LOL! Is that what was going on? I figured some kind of concert was going on. I actually had to go to Fry's to get some cold medication. Ugh

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:38 PM

Quote:
LOL! Is that what was going on? I figured some kind of concert was going on. I actually had to go to Fry's to get some cold medication. Ugh
Ah bummer! Yeah made the mistake of going down Jefferson and I got stuck in all that concert traffic. But at least I had a front row view of the big ass screen. You can see the dead areas of pixels I mentioned in the pics you provided. But the screen overall is massive and pretty awesome.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 4:41 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Ah bummer! Yeah made the mistake of going down Jefferson and I got stuck in all that concert traffic. But at least I had a front row view of the big ass screen. You can see the dead areas of pixels I mentioned in the pics you provided. But the screen overall is massive and pretty awesome.
Yea I noticed the dead line of pixels going down the screen. There's also some dead pixels on AZ Center's LED already too. What's with that?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest