HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 9:10 PM

Couple of photos from Jones Lake.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 2:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting to see these new projects adding to the skyline in the west end.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 5:48 PM

Driving down Main Street I noticed that they have started to install new windows in the building at the corner of Main & King. It really makes a big difference in the look of the building. I think they'll also have to fix some of the brick work which seems to be in a state of disrepair. When finished, it should be a vast improvement to what was a pretty shabby looking building. Kudos to this developer.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Interesting news about Tide & Boar.

I doubt they intend to decamp from their current location. I wonder if they're thinking of moving production here, and operating a small tap room on the side.
It would kind of make sense in their evolution, kind of like Pump House did with moving the majority of their production to Mill Road.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 8:38 PM

Driving up Main Street this morning I noticed a lift truck with men working on the west side of the Higgins Block building. No doubt just prepping it for the winter. It will be interesting to see what the new owners decide to do with it, hopefully next year. The building is long overdue for redevelopment. Residential, or office space? Great location for either.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 9:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Found this photo on Retail Talk & Share

This proposed plaza will be located on the "snow dump" between the Shopper Drug Mart on Canada Street and the adjacent VIA Rail station.

I've often thought that retail development of this lot was inevitable. Now that Canada Street is open through to the Avenir Centre, the timing must have been considered right.

Kind of a nondescript looking little plaza, but that render might just be a placeholder, and something more interesting might develop. With VIA Rail & Maritime Bus right next door, this location would be ideal for a coffee shop, convenience store or news stand. Maritime Bus in particular is keeping the VIA station busy these days.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 9:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They are starting work on the upper floor levels on the south side of the Hilton Garden Inn. I imagine their intent is to have the superstructure complete before hard winter really sets in. With the modular construction that they are employing, this is entirely possible.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 4:22 PM

Quote:

This proposed plaza will be located on the "snow dump" between the Shopper Drug Mart on Canada Street and the adjacent VIA Rail station.

Kind of a nondescript looking little plaza, but that render might just be a placeholder, and something more interesting might develop. With VIA Rail & Maritime Bus right next door, this location would be ideal for a coffee shop, convenience store or news stand. Maritime Bus in particular is keeping the VIA station busy these days.
Be nice if someone could replicate something like the 1906 Moncton train station to house 3 separate businesses, coffee shop, bistro, mini train museum with interactive train models etc.

photo credit from canada-rail.com

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 4:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good idea, but with the real VIA Rail station next door, you might just confuse people..........

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 3:16 PM

Quote:

Good idea, but with the real VIA Rail station next door, you might just confuse people..........
An easy fix with an enclosed connecting corridor giving access to both VIA & The Hub Station (made up name for this incredible idea ).

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 12:20 PM

Tuesday, November 19, 2019: An update from the Victoria Street apartment complex. The floor of the parking garage is done along with the plumbing and piping up to the first floor. Today sees the concrete being poured for the ceiling of the parking garage AKA the first floor. This should be the final step prior to the walls going up. I don't know how much they can get done prior to the winter snow but I would imagine that they will be going as fast as they can. Move-in date proposed at June, 2020.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Be nice if someone could replicate something like the 1906 Moncton train station to house 3 separate businesses, coffee shop, bistro, mini train museum with interactive train models etc.

photo credit from canada-rail.com
Great idea...still can't believe that train station was torn down. Not sure why we tear down such amazing buildings in this city.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 1:28 PM

Per their facebook page, the restaurant Creperie and Cafe du Vieux Port is moving from Shediac to 527 maint st and renaming to Café l'Amiral.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 4:34 PM

Times and Transcript Photo

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 6:53 PM

Question

Hi folks, longtime lurker/first time poster here. I noticed an ad for a townhouse development on a digital billboard on Main St. last week. I was driving by and didn't get a good look at it, but it looked like a proper urban housing development. Anybody else get a look at that ad or have any details? It didn't look like any of the projects currently documented here. Thanks!

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 7:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to contribute anytime. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the digital billboards for this.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 8:46 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to contribute anytime. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the digital billboards for this.
Thanks! Here's something like what the render looked like in the ad:

(This is just a Street View of a development in Los Angeles.)

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 3:35 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I saw your ad displayed on the electronic billboard al Main & Lewis this evening.

It cycled quickly, so I wasn't able to take in everything on the sign, but it was a modern three storey structure like you indicated above, but with a more continuous facade. It looked nice.

The main thing of note that I took from my brief sighting is that according to the advertisement, this building would be a "two minute walk from the Avenir Centre". This really narrows things down in terms of location, and in particular, I am wondering about the recently cleared lots on the north side of Gordon Street between Elm & Highfield. This particular site would appear to suit the style of building depicted on the billboard.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 2:04 PM

Lutz street from Main to Record st is going to go through a reconstruction in 2020 including installing all utilities underground.

Only wish St George street could do the same. As you can see with the top floor of the St G/Weldon apartment completing the last top floor, the frontage of St George would be soooo much nicer with underground utilities.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 2:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Aren't they planning on completely redoing St. George Street in stages over several years, beginning in about two years time?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces