HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 5:36 PM

I wondered how long it would be until Mezza came to Moncton. We love their food, their shawarma is by far our favourite east of Montréal. Perfect spot for it by U de M too.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2019, 4:18 PM

Structural steel is up for the new Day&Ross location on Frenette. The number of truck bays is impressive already.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2019, 11:52 PM

Pleasant street apartment with underground parking. As you can also see, they kept the wood structure which was apparently the old church bell tower. That's also a whole lot of land fill which was added.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 12:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Fantastic Budyser! Your drone photos certainly offer unparalleled perspective to these construction projects!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mezza Lebanese Kitchen confirmed for McLaughlin Place. There's an article about it in the T&T today. Apparently a lease has been signed, and they hope to open "early" next year.

I wonder what they mean about "early". If they mean in the springtime, I can't imagine how this gives them enough time for a new build. I wonder if they are planning to renovate a portion of the old Pharmasave store..........

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo1 View Post
That turning lane is going to be a very welcome addition...by the look of it, seeing as how they didn't do it this summer...Granite will need to be resurfaced likely by next summer.
The city has tweeted that both Granite and Elmwood will be paved this week (weather permitting).

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 2:29 PM

Perfect!
Pave Elmwood and Granite the same day Mill Road is closed.
One would think they had planned it that way in order to cause the utmost traffic chaos that is humanly possible. But that would entail believing that they actually plan these things at all, which is just silly.
Traffic this morning on Elmwood was backed up from north of Sobeys all the way to Lewisville Road, as well as from Donald Ave in the west to beyond Shediac Road in the east.
Kudos! Well played!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 7:57 PM

132 is the old fire station...

@CityofMoncton
McLaughlin Dr, between Roselin Ct and Civic no. 132, will be reduced to one lane (stop and go) between 7 am and 7 pm beginning on Wednesday, October 16 until Friday, November 1st to allow for the installation of sewer mains for an apartment development

Old Posted Oct 26, 2019, 2:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A few tidbits about the Moncton East Business Park from the T&T today.

- The park is 143 acres.
- Mapleton Pharmacy is to open in February or March.
- the new Kubota dealership will break ground in the spring.
- two other lots have been optioned for sale by the end of the year.
- presumably other lots have also already been sold. The article states 22 acres in total (20% of total acreage) have been sold already.
- they anticipate 50-60 companies with perhaps 500 employees at full build out.
- access will be off Price Street (which we already knew), but the article also said something about "direct access" right off the TCH. When you drive by on the TCH, you can see where they've already prepared an access point, but I was under the assumption this was an emergency access/egress point only (in case Price Street were blocked), and not an actual partial interchange. We will have to keep an eye on this feature.

From the sounds of it, the Moncton East Business Park is more of a success already than MID anticipated. I wonder if the plans are eventually to continue expanding eastward in the future to connect to Harrisville Blvd. This would only make sense.........

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 8:37 PM

Drove by the new Day&Ross building and took some pics of the construction

Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 9:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Just announced that Moncton is going to fund a Codiac Transpo bus route out as far as Moncton High School.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 3:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This "concept plan" is up on the Plaza Retail REIT website, concerning their "Moncton East Lands".

The document is dated September 6th 2018, and shows the parcel of land south of Babineau Blvd, along the NW corner of the Harrisville Blvd/Highway 11-15 interchange.

The document appears to show a plan for four six storey apartment buildings on this site.

I have no idea if this plan is there just for discussion or demonstration purposes, but is an interesting proposal nonetheless. This parcel was one of the rumoured finalists in the competition to host the replacement Costco in town. Another rumour floated several months ago was that this might be the location for a new Sobeys store servicing the east end of the city.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 8:32 AM

this is high traffic area with quick access to highway 15 and highway 2. i'm surprised nothing else went up after the kent

Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 1:06 AM

Seen a poster at Tim’s today looking to hire for a new location opening I. June 2020 on Harrisville rd.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 6:37 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTom View Post
Seen a poster at Tim’s today looking to hire for a new location opening I. June 2020 on Harrisville rd.
The only area I can think of on Harrisville that might benefit from a Tims is the Shediac Rd intersection there is already one on Adelard Savoie and the one at 80 Harrisville. Anyone with more info on this?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2019, 4:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
The only area I can think of on Harrisville that might benefit from a Tims is the Shediac Rd intersection there is already one on Adelard Savoie and the one at 80 Harrisville. Anyone with more info on this?
I agree completely. If this is true, then the Harrisville/Shediac Road intersection would be the obvious choice, but with the Timmies at the truck stop on Harrisville in the Caledonia Industrial Park, and the other Timmies on Adelard Savoie at Dieppe Blvd, is a third Timmies in the area really necessary?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 8:48 AM

i could see a sobeys or superstore in this area. with all the traffic it should do well.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 12:30 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I agree completely. If this is true, then the Harrisville/Shediac Road intersection would be the obvious choice, but with the Timmies at the truck stop on Harrisville in the Caledonia Industrial Park, and the other Timmies on Adelard Savoie at Dieppe Blvd, is a third Timmies in the area really necessary?
Caledonia Tim's has the park traffic and the highway traffic.
Dieppe Ind. Tim's has that park traffic and some passer by traffic.
A Tim's at Shediac Rd. and Harrisville Blvd. may get the traffic that stays on Shediac Rd. only and there are a ton of people that use Harrisville to get to Dieppe but I'm sure most don't want to go to the Tim's at Adelard-Savoie because of waiting to get in and out. It might be viable.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 2:35 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Other than the Tim's next to 1111 Main, when has one ever closed in Moncton?

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Other than the Tim's next to 1111 Main, when has one ever closed in Moncton?
There used to be a TIM'S ON Mountain Road near the Kmart Plaza Entrance. Is that one gone now?
That store was built the same time as St. George Blvd, 1111 Main, and One in Dieppe beside McDonalds. I believe these were the 4 original stores in Moncton. Maybe Coverdale Road too, but I think that one was later.

The 4, maybe 5 stores opened around the same time. DONUTS 25 cents, Timbits were a nickle.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces