HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Great wrap up of some smaller infill projects Timbad, many of which I forgot about!

I looked at permits for a few.

Looks like 950 Market has permits and is going forward. I am super surprised that this one is going forward while 1028 Market is on hold/being sold as entitled. Anybody know about 1066 Market [edit: bad news, looks like they have withdrawn their shoring and excavation permits]? Would love to see at least two out of the three get built. In many ways if most don't get built this cycle we're even worse off, as we're left with empty or demo'd commercial space in a location that is already struggling with having enough foot traffic to curb the drugs/mental illness issues, and the empty mall certainly doesn't help. I'd rather have active street fronts even with Metro PCS and liquor store tenants rather than empty boarded up buildings and demo'd buildings that will languish until the next cycle.

Also surprised Folsom is going forward. Really wish the three Folsom projects that are housing (655 Folsom, 667 Folsom, and 95 Hawthorne) would go forward, as those are far more valuable to helping our housing shortage and adding density. Have not heard anything from any of them [edit: 655 Folsom has at least applied for a construction permit that has been in process for TWO AND A HALF YEARS, and the other two have not even applied] and I so feel like they'll be next cycle or not at all.

Happily surprised the gas station next to Jasper is going forward. They seem to have at least some of the permits to start building, so hopefully we squeeze that one in this cycle as well.

All of the above (those getting built and those in limbo) are excellent infill projects that I wish all would go forward. But alas, at least we're getting some.
1066 Market excavation was going strong as of this morning.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
1066 Market excavation was going strong as of this morning.
I'm not positive but imagine the crane issue they had back in the spring probably got their permit pulled. I did just notice that there appear to be updated renderings on the Shorenstein site: https://shorenstein.com/portfolio/in...ial#prop_descr

Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 5:08 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
... I did just notice that there appear to be updated renderings ...
wow, surprising it would change. it's not exciting by any means, but somehow it works better for me than what we thought we were getting.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 5:15 AM

dropped off an old bike at the Bike Kitchen today and was reminded of this project on Florida St at about 18th

and, in Showplace Square, the lot 'behind' 100 Hooper has been cleared where the student housing for CCA is slated to go up

not super attractive, but at least some more life for the area

Last edited by timbad; Sep 30, 2018 at 5:29 AM. Reason: updated dorm info link, added rendering

Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
wow, surprising it would change. it's not exciting by any means, but somehow it works better for me than what we thought we were getting.
Wonder why the renderings never include people like the drug dealers who are always hanging on this corner. Putting them in would certainly add realism.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 1:11 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Wonder why the renderings never include people like the drug dealers who are always hanging on this corner. Putting them in would certainly add realism.
At least the CHECK CASHING sign made it in.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 2:26 PM

bold vision to replace the Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39 with "Bay Ecotarium"

plans to open by 2022

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...photo-16266033

Last edited by gholgado; Oct 5, 2018 at 2:40 PM.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 2:56 PM
你的媽媽

Reminds me of a miniature version of Gardens by the Bay in Singapore.

http://www.singapore-guide.com/attra...by-the-bay.htm

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 6:09 PM

Wow, that looks absolutely gorgeous

I can't wait for the Bay Area in the 2020s

Old Posted Oct 6, 2018, 3:32 PM

Never going to happen there! Move it to Mission Bay or Treasure Island if they want to seriously build it.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 8:55 AM

miscellaneous...

the flatiron one at Church and Market, still shrouded

the Flax-site project looks much more substantial viewed from the 'side' (from McCoppin and Valencia in this case)

1066 Market, but looking at the corner of Golden Gate and Jones

the affordable one at Eddy and Taylor

960 Market, but looking at the corner of Turk and Taylor

looking back from Turk and Market

walking the area, I noticed that the first block of Taylor from Market north was in pretty good shape. on the east side is the Warfield, which got a facelift fairly recently, and on the west side the Golden Gate Theater is also getting spruced up. in the other building on the west side, the retail spots were occupied by upscale-seeming businesses

all this to say that that block of Market may have been 'conquered' and the seediness made to recede a bit. I don't know about 1066 though - those developers still seem brave to me. GG and Jones is a rough corner still

Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 6:46 PM

It's not construction but may make a difference in use:

Quote:
Control of San Francisco’s iconic Ferry Building sold for $291 million
Roland Li
Oct. 8, 2018 Updated: Oct. 8, 2018 10:29 a.m.

San Francisco’s landmark Ferry Building has changed hands for $291 million.

Hudson Pacific Properties, a major West Coast tech landlord, and German insurance giant Allianz are the new landlords of the 1898 building.

The companies said they bought the rights to a 49-year ground lease on the building from the Blackstone Group’s Equity Office division, giving them control over the property.

The deal for the 168,000-square-foot building, which exceeds $1,000 per square foot, is another sign of San Francisco’s booming office market, which has been largely driven by the tech industry . . . .
https://www.sfchronicle.com/business...y-13290303.php

Old Posted Oct 9, 2018, 7:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
At least the CHECK CASHING sign made it in.
haha! the exact thing i was thinking.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2018, 7:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholgado View Post
bold vision to replace the Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39 with "Bay Ecotarium"

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...photo-16266033
If this guy is in charge, I will gladly co-sign this seemingly improbable proposal for Fisherman's Wharf.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2018, 7:17 AM

Stalled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
miscellaneous...

the flatiron one at Church and Market, still shrouded

Does this one look stalled at all to anyone else?

ALSO: Is the one in Hayes Valley—555 Fulton—also stalled?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 6:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELPOLO View Post
Does this one look stalled at all to anyone else?

ALSO: Is the one in Hayes Valley—555 Fulton—also stalled?
I can't tell by looking, but since it started in early 2017, and according to this should take 20-24 months, it's not due to have been finished yet.

I last went by 555 Fulton maybe a month ago. there had been a little progress since the previous time I'd been by, a few months before. that one seems to move in fits and starts. I pretty much have given up on it.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 2:25 AM

Quote:
A little Van Ness BRT project update (from North to South):

- They are in various stages of pouring the east side curb lanes (from grading to nearing completion) from Green to Jackson (this is the “north section” of the project).

- From Jackson to Sutter they have just begun preliminary infrastructure work on the east side and from Sutter to Post on the west side they are most of the way through replacing some infrastructure under the sidewalk.

- From Geary to Olive they have cut and covered one of the traffic lanes on the west side (Sutter to Olive is what I’m calling the “middle-north section”).

- From Olive to McAllister they have poured all of the west side curb lanes, but only about half of the corners. Turk to Golden Gate is the only block for which they have poured the sidewalk, but have not yet done the corners there. They are working on the sidewalk from Golden Gate to McAllister, but it looks like they are installing bioswales on this block so it’s a bit more involved (I’m calling this the “middle-south section”).

- From McAllister to Market they are in the process of trenching the west side curb lane. Market to Mission looks to just be staging for now (this is the “south section”).
Pedestrian’s pessimism in the CPMC thread was fully warranted, as I walked Van Ness again the other day and the progress has been surprisingly slow. They are almost done with the sidewalks on the Green to Jackson stretch, and have been focusing a lot of their efforts on the stretch between McAllister and Market, but the segment between Geary and McAllister has seen little movement in the last month.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 2:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELPOLO View Post
If this guy is in charge, I will gladly co-sign this seemingly improbable proposal for Fisherman's Wharf.
He looks kind of like a Prince impersonator. Off topic I know, I'm just saying.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Pedestrian’s pessimism in the CPMC thread was fully warranted, as I walked Van Ness again the other day and the progress has been surprisingly slow. They are almost done with the sidewalks on the Green to Jackson stretch, and have been focusing a lot of their efforts on the stretch between McAllister and Market, but the segment between Geary and McAllister has seen little movement in the last month.
One thing I noted: On at least one block (Turk to Golden Gate), they had to jack hammer up concrete poured and redo it. Not sure why but one reason was they "forgot" to restore the curb cut for wheelchair access to a loading zone.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 5:09 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations