HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 7:35 PM
Community Guy

'Five proponent groups have been shortlisted to design the park project. The groups consist of Canadian, American and European firms. There is some great talent in all five groups, but we still need to wait to see which one wins the bid to actually design the park.'

Avenuer on SRC
https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/f....26381/page-10

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Last edited by Coldrsx; Oct 20, 2021 at 7:50 PM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 3:42 PM
A Better Place

Good to see a variety of firms (internationally, even!) involved with this.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 4:56 PM

DECL is getting an update on this in the next week or so, assuming by that time there will be a public update from the City.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2021, 6:18 PM
Community Guy

Project Update - November 2021

The City has acquired 2 additional land parcels at the location of the former Doan's restaurant on 107 Street, north of Jasper Avenue, and will incorporate this land into the site plan for Warehouse Park. Please see the new site map .

The City will demolish the existing building in order to prepare the site for park development. More information will be shared on the demolition as the project progresses.

https://www.edmonton.ca/projects_pla...hbourhood-park

Old Posted Nov 24, 2021, 8:09 PM

So excited. In my dream scenario they would have some of all of the lots by Boston pizza on Jasper avenue to give the park a nice entrance right off the main road but probably more important to use that budget on the building of quality amenities in the park.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2021, 10:00 PM
Change is good

I'd pay money to have the BPs and associated parking (not already included in the above image) to become part of this park, or any sort of improvement over and above a suburban BPs on our main drag, in the core. What is downtown? Currents of Windermere?

(This site was my preferred location for the arena, but ... that's water well under the bridge)

Old Posted Dec 22, 2021, 9:33 PM
Community Guy

Next step towards a greener, more vibrant downtown
December 22, 2021

The City of Edmonton is proud to award the contract for the Warehouse Park project to the following internationally recognized Canadian companies:

gh3* (Toronto) - The lead firm and the architecture lead.
Claude Cormier + Associés (Montreal) - The landscape architecture lead.
AECOM (Edmonton) - The engineering team and the local landscape site architect.
Twenty/20 Communications (Edmonton) - The public engagement team.
Ombrages (Quebec) - The lighting designer.

Located in the Downtown Warehouse District, the Warehouse Park will cover 1.47 hectares, between 106 Street and 108 Street and Jasper Avenue to 102 Avenue. This park will be an inclusive, multi-use green space featuring large, open areas that invite citizens and visitors to reflect and explore. It will provide a place to recharge, socialize and celebrate in the heart of the city when it opens in 2025.

The Warehouse Park project is currently in the concept design phase, and will include opportunities for all Edmontonians to provide feedback on the design through public engagement.

Earlier this year, the City acquired the site of the former Doan's restaurant on 107 Street, north of Jasper Avenue, and will incorporate this land into the Warehouse Park.

Edmonton’s downtown plays a vital social and economic role in our city and our region. As the place we work, visit and live, our downtown contributes to the social, economic and cultural fabric of Edmonton and we are committed to creating a vibrant downtown. The Warehouse Park project supports the City’s Downtown Vibrancy Strategy, and will be a significant public amenity for downtown residents, workers and visitors.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/WarehousePark

Media contact:
Amanda Krumins Somkuti
Senior Communications Advisor
Communications and Engagement

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 10:32 PM
Community Guy

Edmonton’s Warehouse Park project a ‘catalyst’ for downtown core
Warren Frey January 12, 2022

https://canada.constructconnect.com/...-downtown-core

Old Posted Feb 13, 2022, 7:32 PM
Community Guy

Some good memories there over the years, but happy to see this lot incorporated into the new park.

Reference ID: Job No 422350687-002
Description: Demolition
Plan B2 Blk 7 Lot 151
Applicant: PCL CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INC
Create Date: 2/2/2022 11:08:07 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Old Posted Feb 14, 2022, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Some good memories there over the years, but happy to see this lot incorporated into the new park.

Reference ID: Job No 422350687-002
Description: Demolition
Plan B2 Blk 7 Lot 151
Applicant: PCL CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INC
Create Date: 2/2/2022 11:08:07 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Must be the smaller small projects division of PCL for a job of this size. Maybe it's a loss leader.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2022, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
Must be the smaller small projects division of PCL for a job of this size. Maybe it's a loss leader.
They have a special projects division that looks after smaller projects

Old Posted Apr 28, 2022, 2:40 PM
Community Guy

Going Green: Warehouse Park, a magnet for people, investment, and an estimated 2,300 residents

Earlier this month, The Parks broke ground on several parking lots in Edmonton's downtown. This new mixed-use development, which will extend from the corner of Jasper Avenue to 108 Street, aims to add 1,000 residential units and commercial space to the downtown.

Not far from it, several parking lots will meet a similar fate. As part of the City of Edmonton’s Warehouse Park project, five parking lots will be transformed into a multi-use green space. This burgeoning destination is expected to cover 1.47 hectares of land, between 106 Street and 108 Street and Jasper Avenue to 102 Avenue.

https://www.udiedmonton.com/post/goi...-300-residents

Old Posted Apr 29, 2022, 6:24 PM
Community Guy

Design concepts released for Warehouse Park
April 29, 2022

News media are invited to join the Warehouse Park design team for a site visit as concepts are shared for this transformative downtown Edmonton park.

Suzanne Young, Director, Open Space Planning & Design, City of Edmonton, Pat Hanson, Principal, gh3*, and Yannick Roberge, Landscape Architect Senior, Claude Cormier + Associés, will be on-site to discuss and share the design concepts for the park which will cover 1.47 hectares (more than two football fields) between 106 Street and 108 Street, just north of Jasper Avenue. The City is launching a three-week public engagement campaign on the design concepts for the park. Media will be able to speak with the project team and learn what’s planned for the park.

Date: Monday, May 2
Time: 11:30 a.m.
10135 – 107 Street (gravel lot on the east side of 107 Street)

For more information:
edmonton.ca/WarehousePark

Media contact:
Claire Graff
Senior Communications Advisor
Communications and Engagement
780-974-1957

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 4:25 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 3:43 AM

I did. I can’t believe they want a toilet located in a prominent place instead of the very edge where it can be serviced easily by cleaning staff by a service vehicle street side.

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 2:03 PM
Change is good

Name going around the interwebs about this new park seems more fitting that warehouse park. "Meth Park"... a few blocks down from "Meth Hills"

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 2:52 PM

I think the media, especially the private and more sensational media like Global and CITY-TV is spinning and hyping bad news story after bad news story about downtown to sell advertising and so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 3:01 PM
Change is good

or maybe its just what it is.

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 4:07 PM

Nothing is as it is. Everything is an illusion. You can change your perception through cognitive training.

Old Posted May 3, 2022, 5:15 PM

As a parental unit, I think the restrooms should be adjacent to the children's play area. Mom or dad don't want to trek almost 2 city blocks when little johnny or janey starts hopping up and down. Also placing it there means way more eyes on the facility. Last summer a tweaker wandered into Kitchener Park in Oliver and started goofing in the spray park among the children. He was quickly surrounded by moms and dads who keep him to the perimeter and just a few minutes later two police cars showed after several folks called it in. Haven't seen him since. (edited for grammar)

Last edited by buildings; May 3, 2022 at 6:05 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton