HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jan 25, 2023, 12:34 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Yeah, I find it funny that people find it hard to believe that trees can be planted with the technology and knowledge that we have today. You can see it (planting of trees) happening everywhere, and I see it personally. The reason we are seeing more of it happening now on skyscrapers is because of the amenities that tenants want.
I will believe it when I see them hundreds of feet up doing well without a sign of wind damage or disease.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 25, 2023, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
I will believe it when I see them hundreds of feet up doing well without a sign of wind damage or disease.
I live a couple of hundred of feet above sea level above NYC in the suburbs and the trees are just fine here. They do this weird thing called dormancy during the winter but I can assure you they come back during the spring.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2023, 1:57 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
You do know that happens with ground level trees right? But it dorsn’tvmatter. Just know that this terraces will be there, and there will be green space.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2023, 5:15 AM

Quote:
Come to Chicago and you'll see it some. Mostly in residential, as the decking out office terraces trend rose in popularity post covid. From my window I can spot at least 4 buildings with trees on the private terraces. Plus I've seen mountains near NYC well above that height covered with trees.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 1:39 AM
New Yorker for life

They're not new to New York either, just newly popular among office tenants over the past decade or so.

An example of a Foster designed tower with green terraces...

https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/bui...-tower-2/33085

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 2:04 AM
BANNED

God bless Ken Griffen! He is giving a great gift to the Financial Capital of the World.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 6:39 PM
New Yorker for life

You can see why he’s pushing for new headquarters…

https://fortune.com/2023/01/26/ken-g...office-return/

Ken Griffin credits Citadel’s historic $16 billion haul to one thing: Employees’ full-time return to office
The secret to Ken Griffin’s record-breaking year, if you ask him, is simple: Workers returned to the Citadel offices.

BY CHLOE BERGER
January 26, 2023

Quote:
Citadel CEO Ken Griffin could easily be considered the top dog in finance right now. The hedge fund saw a record $16 billion in profits for clients last year, beating the rest of the hedge fund industry.

That surpasses the $15 billion John Paulson generated betting against subprime mortgages in 2007. All together, the top 20 hedge funds generated $22.4 billion in post-fee profits, Citadel included.

The secret to Griffin’s success, if you ask him, is simple: Workers returned to the Citadel offices.
Quote:
Fortune CEO Alan Murray sat down with Griffin and New York City Mayor Eric Adams two weeks ago as part of an interview for the Partnership for New York City. “At that meeting, Griffin gave what he said was an important reason for his 2023 success: His employees were all back in the office full-time,” Murray wrote in his CEO Daily newsletter on Tuesday.

Many a suit nodded their heads in agreement, per Murray’s account. Of course, there could also be other reasons contributing to Citadel’s success. Chairman of LCH Investments Rick Sopher said in a statement that the strong gains multi-strategy hedge funds like Citadel have made in recent years “reflect their increasing dominance in strategies which do not depend on rising asset prices, and their substantial size.”
Quote:
”If you are early in your career, you are making a grave mistake not being back at work,” Griffin told Bloomberg’s Erik Schatzker in 2021. Citing the importance of managerial and interpersonal experience in developing one’s career, Griffin added that he was concerned that the loss of opportunities for young professionals would “cost us dearly over the decades to come.”

He brought the Citadel employees back to the office full-time in June 2021. “Having everybody back together has been really powerful in driving forward our business,” Griffin said at the time.

Return to office fever has infected many CEOs and executives in the financial sector. Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman recently said coming into the office was “not an employee choice.” Goldman Sachs’ David Solomon was one of the initial finance CEOs to push for a return to office, as early as a full year ago, only to be met with opposition. Even today, not all employees are showing up. Rich Handler, CEO of investment bank Jefferies also joined the work-in-the-office team.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 6:50 PM
BANNED

He is 100% correct.

With all of the layoffs going on, recalcitrant workers who refused to go back to the office will lose the leverage that they formerly had when the market was tight.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 6:50 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Well, I don't mean to be that guy but... both this link and the Bloomberg article it references peg the expected completion date to 2032??! Even for a project of this scale, that seems VERY far out, no?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 1:42 PM

I wonder if Sony are sponsoring this judging by the core

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 4:15 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Well, I don't mean to be that guy but... both this link and the Bloomberg article it references peg the expected completion date to 2032??! Even for a project of this scale, that seems VERY far out, no?
Not when you consider what’s going on here. Citadel is going to occupy the current buildings for a couple of years (along with 425 Park and other locations) before demolition can even begin. That’s all subject to change, and the timeline can be sped up. The question is, what space will they occupy while those buildings are being demolished, and the new tower built? There aren’t a whole lot of options, especially in east midtown. I wonder what JP Morgan Chase will do with 383 Madison. Chase will move into its new headquarters in a couple of years. Maybe Citadel makes a play for that space. Who knows. But one thing is certain, those buildings have to come down before the new one is built. We’ll get more details when the approval process begins.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2023, 11:57 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.kron4.com/business/press...-transactions/

Vornado and Rudin Complete 350 Park Avenue and 40 East 52nd Street Transactions

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Vornado Realty Trust
Jan 25, 2023

Quote:
Vornado Realty Trust and Rudin announced today that they have completed the previously announced transactions with Citadel Enterprise Americas LLC (“Citadel”) and with an affiliate of Kenneth C. Griffin, Citadel’s Founder and CEO, relating to 350 Park Avenue and 40 East 52nd Street. All third-party approvals have been obtained and the master lease and other agreements are effective.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2023, 12:37 AM
BANNED

New York’s present is great, and its future is exceptionally bright.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2023, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
https://www.kron4.com/business/press...-transactions/

Vornado and Rudin Complete 350 Park Avenue and 40 East 52nd Street Transactions

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Vornado Realty Trust
Jan 25, 2023
Killer deal for us NYC skyscraper fans thanks to Ken Griffin of Citadel!!

Looking forward to seeing this move forward as quickly as possible.. another BEAST OF THE EAST!!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2023, 6:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNYC View Post
Killer deal for us NYC skyscraper fans thanks to Ken Griffin of Citadel!!

Looking forward to seeing this move forward as quickly as possible.. another BEAST OF THE EAST!!
I agree. Messrs. Griifin, Rudin, and Roth have delivered.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2023, 7:49 PM

Possible Observation Deck

Does anyone here know if 350 Park Avenue will have an observation deck open to the public like what is seen at the Empire State Building, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, One World Trade Center, 30 Hudson Yards, and One Vanderbilt. Additionally, observation decks are planned at 740 8th Avenue, the Affirmation Tower, and the Tower Fifth. I think 350 Park Avenue should have an observation deck on the top floors as it will dominate the skyline in the area. Also, virtually every high rise building and skyscraper that was the tallest in the city or dwarfed everything around it built from the late 19th century until the 1930's had an observation deck on the top floor. An observation deck at 350 Park Avenue would be a huge revenue generator and a popular tourist attraction as all the existing skyscraper observation decks in Manhattan are packed with tourists.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchGuy1 View Post
Does anyone here know if 350 Park Avenue will have an observation deck open to the public like what is seen at the Empire State Building, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, One World Trade Center, 30 Hudson Yards, and One Vanderbilt. Additionally, observation decks are planned at 740 8th Avenue, the Affirmation Tower, and the Tower Fifth. I think 350 Park Avenue should have an observation deck on the top floors as it will dominate the skyline in the area. Also, virtually every high rise building and skyscraper that was the tallest in the city or dwarfed everything around it built from the late 19th century until the 1930's had an observation deck on the top floor. An observation deck at 350 Park Avenue would be a huge revenue generator and a popular tourist attraction as all the existing skyscraper observation decks in Manhattan are packed with tourists.
Hahahaha another observation deck post! This guy/gal has one post!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchGuy1 View Post
The fact that your post alone already list off numerous observation decks in Manhattan, most within walking distance, proves that yet another observation deck isn't really necessary.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
The fact that your post alone already list off numerous observation decks in Manhattan, most within walking distance, proves that yet another observation deck isn't really necessary.
Is a restaurant similar to Peak at Hudson Yards, Manhatta at One Chase Manhattan Plaza, and Saga at 70 Pine Street included in the plans for 350 Park Avenue.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 6:43 PM
Show me the blueprints

I can't help all this observation deck fetish reminding me of the stereotypical trope of depressing towns "making it" when they get a chick-fil-a.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals