HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

YUL 1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 17, 2013, 2:47 AM
The good old days are now

I like it a little better than the other picture we saw. It could end up being a landmark or a complete eyesore. I guess it all depends on materials, little details and execution.

Merci lake of the nations!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2013, 2:49 AM
Look at me!

Is it possible this building could be recycled elsewhere? Can't a developer "buy" it and place it on a place of his choosing. I'd like to see this tower go up regardless, perhaps next door on the empty lot corner Guy / R-L? Or I could really see it on St-laurent / R-L.

http://images.lpcdn.ca/569x379/20120...evard-rene.jpg

Old Posted Feb 17, 2013, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake of the nations View Post
Since nobody posted it yet, here is the render that can be seen in the paper version of the article.

YUL by lake of the nations, on Flickr
This render reminds me a bit of theater block west and east towers in Toronto. They're like building blocks stacked on top of each other, obviously not aligned.....

Old Posted Feb 17, 2013, 7:01 AM
Look at me!

True they do look like a smaller version if theatre towers. Just not as nice.
This sort of design may be a novelty here, but it's anything but original out in the rest of the world.

But I like it regardless, my only wish is that they make the podium interesting. It's not enough to build towers, they gotta make the street livelier too, and condo towers don't automatically make for bustling streets.

On a related topic, I wonder if the city has any plans on renovating the actual boulevard, I find Rene levesque to look quite shabby looking. It could use some new street lamps and funky looking sidewalks.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 11:34 PM

Official website: http://www.yulcondos.com/

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 12:04 PM

Je suis de ceux qui préféraient l'ancien projet, plus élégant.

La manie des deux tours me semble un peu trop présente à Montréal, surtout qu'avec nos limites de hauteur on hérite souvent de jumeaux trapus. Et le style "déconstruction soft" n'est souvent qu'une facilité pour distraire de la banalité de la conception d'ensemble. En plus, ici, on veut donner une image métallique, lumineuse. Mais une fois tout ça sale, ça risque d'être pas mal moins reluisant.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 1:41 PM
Homo Platoregimontis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
Official website: http://www.yulcondos.com/
Il n'y a pas encore de version française du site. Ce n'est pas légal. Par contre, même si je ne trouve pas ça normal, je crois comprendre la raison pour laquelle les promoteurs ont tout d'abord prioriser l'anglais. Je remarque cette phrase sur le site :

Quote:
From Montreal, you’re just a one-hour drive to the U.S. border, or a one-hour flight to New York City, Boston or Toronto.
Est-il possible qu'on vise une clientèle américaine ou du ROC en priorité ? Une clientèle corporative ? et beaucoup moins la clientèle montréalaise ?

De plus, il n'y a toujours pas de références pour les contacter : pas de numéro de téléphone, pas d'adresse courriel.

Encore plus bizarre, il n'y a même pas d'évocation sur le site. Quiconque visite leur site reste sur sa faim !!

Come to see our SC4 cities at http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums/af....php?forum=vil
or here : http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=117089

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarabundi View Post
Il n'y a pas encore de version française du site. Ce n'est pas légal. Par contre, même si je ne trouve pas ça normal, je crois comprendre la raison pour laquelle les promoteurs ont tout d'abord prioriser l'anglais. Je remarque cette phrase sur le site :

Est-il possible qu'on vise une clientèle américaine ou du ROC en priorité ? Une clientèle corporative ? et beaucoup moins la clientèle montréalaise ?

De plus, il n'y a toujours pas de références pour les contacter : pas de numéro de téléphone, pas d'adresse courriel.

Encore plus bizarre, il n'y a même pas d'évocation sur le site. Quiconque visite leur site reste sur sa faim !!
Ce projet semble viser des investisseurs asiatiques plutôt que des montréalais. Cependant, je pense que leur site n'est encore que provisoire, car le projet n'a pas encore lancé. Lorsque le projet est lancé, je m'attends à une version française du site.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 5:13 PM

My old building used to be right on that corner. I remember them starting construction last year on it.

Any news on pricing? I haven't been lucky searching the internet.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verttoit View Post
My old building used to be right on that corner. I remember them starting construction last year on it.

Any news on pricing? I haven't been lucky searching the internet.
The project is not even launch yet. Patience, patience...

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 4:33 AM

YUL = Young Urban Living.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 5:57 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Is it possible this building could be recycled elsewhere? Can't a developer "buy" it and place it on a place of his choosing. I'd like to see this tower go up regardless, perhaps next door on the empty lot corner Guy / R-L? Or I could really see it on St-laurent / R-L.

http://images.lpcdn.ca/569x379/20120...evard-rene.jpg
I love that design, but i wish it was possible for a few buildings like this to be built outside downtown. Something of this design and size would look great on a main street in Mile-End, or Le Plateau, Parc-Extention, or CDN and would provide relief to the otherwise lowrise cityscape.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 7:40 PM
Look at me!

On my way to the metro this afternoon I noticed that the site has been fenced off. A good sign??

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
On my way to the metro this afternoon I noticed that the site has been fenced off. A good sign??
Funny I was working on a movie set at the old Guaranteed Pure Milk building across the street and didnt notice that. I'll take your word for it though.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 5:00 PM
Look at me!

Un peu d'action sur le site de YUL

photo prise par Miska sur mtulurb

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 11:23 PM
Ciao tutti

Mes photos:,,,

Old Posted Apr 6, 2013, 12:45 AM

Hopefully they tear down the Brochettes.ca place while they're at it. This is one case that I would prefer to have an empty lot instead of a building.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2013, 2:55 AM
Look at me!

I'm sure the owners of brochette.ca (if you call that a name) are making this a quick money venture and not hankering down for the long term.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2013, 3:58 AM
Give us a kiss

Quote:
I'm sure the owners of brochette.ca (if you call that a name) are making this a quick money venture and not hankering down for the long term.
The first time I saw that place I thought it was a movie set or something. I mean, the name, the silly billboards, the improbable location... It's so over the top it has to be a parody of something.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2013, 4:05 AM
Look at me!

The whole premise of that place is indeed insane. I went to school for 3 years right across the street in the Fine arts building and never once did I ever bother going there for a lunch. It feels like it caters only to white suburban males with a Hummer.

I'm not too worried about it. It's not keeping any project from happening, merely collecting some cash before the shit goes down.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive