HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 9:37 PM

One Cathedral Square, a $110 million apartment tower, nears completion on the Parkway

Quote:
Early in the pandemic in 2020 when supply chain issues began to emerge, EQT Exeter and its development team moved to switch all of the materials needed to fit out a new apartment building such as cabinets, countertops, flooring, plumbing and lighting to domestic suppliers. While that added some extra expense, there was a $30,000 upcharge for upgraded quartz countertops, the project didn’t run into any of the delays and snags other developments have faced.

“We had everything ready to be installed and we didn’t have any delays,” said Kevin Urso, development manager at EQT Exeter. “We’re a month ahead of schedule.”
Solomon Cordwell Buenz designed One Cathedral with an eye toward not taking away from the basilica and materials such as brick, limestone and glass were used to pay homage to it as well as blend in with it. Reflections of the basilica’s dome appear in the glass and, depending on how the light is hitting the façade, plays off of the patina on the dome. The structure was angled to provide more views of Center City instead of the Sheraton, which is directly across the street.

The first five floors with a total of 60 units will open Aug. 5 and 25% of that first tranche has been leased. “The market has rebounded and there has been a resurgence of demand in the rental market,” said Michael Allard, a property manager with Bozzuto Group.

Renters have so far been empty nesters and those priced out of the housing market. Rents range from $1,900 to $3,900 for a two-bedroom. A three-bedroom penthouse runs $10,000 a month. The project has 2,000 square feet of retail space.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2022, 3:44 AM

this photo is from 17th street on 7/8 but not much had changed when i passed by last week. i love that attention was payed to creating what will be an attractive and inviting pedestrian experience. sister cities park off of 18th is one of the most delightful parts of the parkway

Old Posted Jul 27, 2022, 12:50 PM
Chris

^ Beautiful vantage point. Has a European flair, turning a corner and seeing a cathedral.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2022, 2:02 PM

Really nice looking building overall. I toured it last week and it’s actually pretty well built. I was expecting the typical thrown together luxury apartment but I was pleasantly surprised. Kind of wish they would have used the same color brick from the cathedral on the base of this building. I love that color. The red brick just looks a bit strange to me. It doesn’t blend right to me for some reason.

Also, funny enough I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why they used that green color for the floor plates. I thought it looked so strange. Then I saw the cathedral in the background the other day and realized it’s imitating copper and now I appreciate it.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2022, 12:15 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Old Posted Jul 31, 2022, 7:56 PM

Great pics Tony - loving that drone!

Found this one on IG, elevated.angles:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgmHr6YljkQ/

Old Posted Aug 1, 2022, 4:59 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Great pics Tony - loving that drone!

Found this one on IG, elevated.angles:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgmHr6YljkQ/
Yea Elevated angles does some great work. Ill have some different stuff coming down the pipe soon

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 2:05 AM

Construction Complete At One Cathedral Square In Logan Square, Center City

https://phillyyimby.com/2022/08/exte...nter-city.html

Man that was fast.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 2:00 PM
Chris

Nice building. I walked by last weekend, and the landscaping was wrapping up, it looked good.

Any word on the retail tenant?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badthingshappen View Post
Construction Complete At One Cathedral Square In Logan Square, Center City

https://phillyyimby.com/2022/08/exte...nter-city.html

Man that was fast.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 3:52 PM

This one is definitely COMPLETE... we'll move this to the Completed Threads Archive shortly.

I love this one. I think it turned out incredibly well. It really looks good from Logan Square/Circle juxtaposed with the Cathedral. It also really softens the harshness of the Archdiocese office building next door, and the Sheraton Hotel.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2022, 4:53 PM

Complete

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive