HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Sherwin-Williams Headquarters Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Cleveland Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 2:31 AM
Show me the blueprints

Bump

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 2:35 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
...between 529 and 658 feet tall
Seems about right.

The joke that keeps giving

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 8:44 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySky View Post

well, at least we now have some tangible, if not permanent, numbers for the height of this tower:

Quote:
"Sherwin-Williams’ new downtown Cleveland headquarters will include a 36-story office tower, a parking garage, a pavilion and elevated walkways that connect all three buildings."

"The tower, slated for West Third Street and Superior Avenue to the west of Public Square, is estimated to top out at 600 feet, which would make it the fourth tallest building in Cleveland and sixth in Ohio. Chilton stressed that the height could change as more design work is completed."

Old Posted Jul 8, 2021, 5:53 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

as far as we know the whole thing is turning out to be a bummer design wise for the office campus, with one notable brilliant exception, that they backed the tower off public square, which would have left part of it in shade all afternoon.

i have no faith in pickard, they make boring glass boxes and they certainly dont know how to handle an ensemble of buildings, but who knows? lets keep hope alive and it looks like we will see something released from sw soon. i heard july 20 maybe.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2021, 7:16 PM

Pickard is hit or miss but when they do hit it they hit it well.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 2:56 AM
Fourth and Main

This blog may have an early look at the design?

A rendering their artist made of the design: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9UMv03r9m...July2021-4.JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOtrans
While City Planning Commission members review months-old massings of the planned Sherwin-Williams headquarters delivered to them only last week, you're getting the first look at more detailed images of what the new HQ will reportedly look like.
And you can read their report and see more views of the new building by the blog's artist: https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2021/...rs-street.html

Notice it has around two uncounted additional floors.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2021, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
as far as we know the whole thing is turning out to be a bummer design wise for the office campus, with one notable brilliant exception, that they backed the tower off public square, which would have left part of it in shade all afternoon.

i have no faith in pickard, they make boring glass boxes and they certainly dont know how to handle an ensemble of buildings, but who knows? lets keep hope alive and it looks like we will see something released from sw soon. i heard july 20 maybe.
Regardless of the design, I sure Cleveland is grateful for the new development. The rumor was that they considered relocating to Atlanta or Texas, and decided to stay.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2021, 2:25 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ no, those were not rumors, they were just local tweets about an opportunity to lure sw, who never had any intention of leaving the cleve and said so all along. that was actually never a worry, which is nice. what we all will be 100% very happy with is the long empty and embarrassing eyesore warehouse district parking ocean in the middle of downtown getting filled back in.

also, the renders posted are just imagined by a local with great mock up skillz who is nice enough to make these for us. we think those are pretty close, but there are no leaks afaik and there is no info about actual renders as yet.

otherwise, pretty sure there will be an hq tower, a parking structure and a training center built at once, with a lot or two held for expansion and for a 5 star hotel partner. but thats just a guess too at this point. oh and i almost forgot, also an r&d campus moving to the suburbs (its located behind the terminal tower now, the sw breen center). no idea what will happen with their current offices.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2021, 1:15 AM

Old Posted Jul 21, 2021, 1:20 AM
devout Pizzatarian

i like it!

and now a confirmed new 4th tallest for cleveland at 616' | 36 floors!

build it!

source: https://forum.urbanohio.com/topic/50.../114/#comments

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jul 21, 2021 at 3:37 PM.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2021, 1:41 AM
Show me the blueprints

Eggshell or Satin?

Old Posted Jul 21, 2021, 4:41 PM

Is that an official model?

Looks great! Love the opposite sloping roofs.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 5:35 AM

Looks good!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 4:26 PM

It's interesting how slanted Cleveland's skyline is. Just west of Terminal Tower is basically nothing. I visited in May and you wouldn't think that walking a block from the Key Tower would mean such a huge drop in height.

This is great news for density.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2021, 3:21 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
It's interesting how slanted Cleveland's skyline is. Just west of Terminal Tower is basically nothing. I visited in May and you wouldn't think that walking a block from the Key Tower would mean such a huge drop in height.

This is great news for density.

huh? i think what you mean is its kind of odd cle has a few tall buildings. it is.

but just west of the terminal tower is the federal courthouse tower and then the land drops off precipitously down to the flats/river.

also, basically walking a block east from key takes you to the cleveland malls. these are not shopping malls, but a series of formal squares. the convention center is buried below ground underneath those, an incredibly brilliant project that relieved the city from having one of those hella annoying block busting convention center structures above ground.

anyway, yes the model is an official massing model, with some idea of the tower and campus design. it was approved with some pushback, but nothing to do with the tower. basically, there are concerns about campus fortress mentality:

SHW HQ concept approval
+ excluding NW block (the site of future development)
+ provide traffic study with pedestrian circulation
+ consideration of pavilion height increase with public roof access
+ treatment of street level experience of entire site, especially temporary lots and Frankfort and be demonstrated through drawings
+ retail strategy

i doubt it would matter if sw said no to any of that, but at least it was brought up, so we will see if they listen.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
huh? i think what you mean is its kind of odd cle has a few tall buildings. it is.

but just west of the terminal tower is the federal courthouse tower and then the land drops off precipitously down to the flats/river.

also, basically walking a block east from key takes you to the cleveland malls. these are not shopping malls, but a series of formal squares. the convention center is buried below ground underneath those, an incredibly brilliant project that relieved the city from having one of those hella annoying block busting convention center structures above ground.

anyway, yes the model is an official massing model, with some idea of the tower and campus design. it was approved with some pushback, but nothing to do with the tower. basically, there are concerns about campus fortress mentality:

SHW HQ concept approval
+ excluding NW block (the site of future development)
+ provide traffic study with pedestrian circulation
+ consideration of pavilion height increase with public roof access
+ treatment of street level experience of entire site, especially temporary lots and Frankfort and be demonstrated through drawings
+ retail strategy

i doubt it would matter if sw said no to any of that, but at least it was brought up, so we will see if they listen.
I mean this giant gap of nothingness: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cl...!4d-81.6943605

I walked from Terminal Tower to Ohio City one day I was there and the drop-off in density was really drastic.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 7:38 PM
BANNED

Cleveland is a nice little town, but this short, fat tower is lame.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 1:39 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ no kidding! it's a conservative old company who hired a conservative design firm with no campus experience, so this is what happens. btw to reinforce how old fashioned they are at the top they actually forced a young paint store employee to stop making very popular viral tiktoks about the paint. so much for attracting the best and brightest!

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/man-fire...183327653.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
I mean this giant gap of nothingness: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cl...!4d-81.6943605

I walked from Terminal Tower to Ohio City one day I was there and the drop-off in density was really drastic.
yes that is where this sw tower and campus is going. those shameful parking lots have been there since the 80s. by far the best thing about this project is they are finally going away.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 4:14 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

* sigh *

we have renders.

it's mostly a fortress and it's bad.

this is what happens when a conservative company hires a bland/generic architect firm that has no idea how to design anything interesting, nor how to develop a campus.

oh well.

at least it fills up the long empty warehouse district lots and that is good news:

Sherwin-Williams’ latest renderings of glassy downtown Cleveland headquarters show attempt to be ‘transparent’

Updated: Sep. 01, 2021, 11:12 a.m. | Published: Aug. 31, 2021, 3:56 p.m.

By Eric Heisig, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Sherwin-Williams, in its most detailed plans yet for its new downtown Cleveland headquarters, revealed that it wants to build a series of glassy structures that it claims will not only be a major addition to the city’s skyline, but also act as a welcoming presence to pedestrians.

Officials with the paint giant, during a meeting with reporters at its current Prospect Avenue headquarters, unveiled the next – and close to final – iteration of its plans, including the look of the 36-story building, 50,000 square-foot, two-story pavilion to the east and four-story, 920-space parking garage directly north. Two overhead walkways would connect the three buildings.

more:
https://www.cleveland.com/realestate...ansparent.html

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 4:20 PM
BANNED

Very nice!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction