HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2541  
Old Posted Oct 21, 2022, 3:38 AM
Hudson11's Avatar
Hudson11 Hudson11 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,973
this angle just adds another reason why this should have had some more height...


Looking north from the BMO Building by Jacob G., on Flickr
__________________
click here too see hunser's list of the many supertall skyscrapers of New York City!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2542  
Old Posted Oct 21, 2022, 6:35 PM
bhawk66 bhawk66 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty Joe View Post
This is like the opposite of cheerleader effect
Thanks for making me look that term up. lol
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2543  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 12:15 AM
Chi-Sky21 Chi-Sky21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,231
That set back at the top should have gone to the full current height, THEN have mechanicals.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2544  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 9:38 PM
SolarWind's Avatar
SolarWind SolarWind is offline
Chicago
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,956
October 27, 2022











Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2545  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 10:40 PM
rivernorthlurker rivernorthlurker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,107
Finally a shot where you can see a bit of the setback depth.

The problem with the design isn't so much the poor form of the building as the fact that it lies so perfectly perpendicular to the most common viewing angles. If it were oriented more at an angle I think you could see/appreciate the setbacks more readily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarWind View Post
October 27, 2022

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2546  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2022, 12:50 AM
takascar takascar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
Finally a shot where you can see a bit of the setback depth.

The problem with the design isn't so much the poor form of the building as the fact that it lies so perfectly perpendicular to the most common viewing angles. If it were oriented more at an angle I think you could see/appreciate the setbacks more readily.
The last panels of glass seem to be taking forever - bet its still supply chain issues. They are also taking time putting the cladding on the steel beams at the base. Probably same issue.

Anyone know when Salesforce / other tenants will start to move in?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2547  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2022, 2:59 AM
dewbs dewbs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by takascar View Post
The last panels of glass seem to be taking forever - bet its still supply chain issues. They are also taking time putting the cladding on the steel beams at the base. Probably same issue.

Anyone know when Salesforce / other tenants will start to move in?
I've heard 2024q1.

Last edited by dewbs; Oct 30, 2022 at 3:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2548  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 2:15 PM
gebs's Avatar
gebs gebs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: South Loop
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarWind View Post
October 27, 2022
Love the reflection of Wolf Point East in this shot.
__________________
Raise your horns.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2549  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 8:37 PM
Tombstoner Tombstoner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post

The problem with the design isn't so much the poor form of the building as the fact that it lies so perfectly perpendicular to the most common viewing angles. If it were oriented more at an angle I think you could see/appreciate the setbacks more readily.
This is how I feel about One Chicago. From direct north and south angles it looks so blah.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2550  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2022, 2:27 PM
r18tdi's Avatar
r18tdi r18tdi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,131
Anyone here an ULI member and under 35?
They're doing an on-site event/tour of Salesforce Tower one week from today:

https://chicago.uli.org/events/detai...-0213C6278797/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2551  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2022, 3:37 PM
AlpacaObsessor AlpacaObsessor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Lincoln Park, Chicago
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
Anyone here an ULI member and under 35?
They're doing an on-site event/tour of Salesforce Tower one week from today:

https://chicago.uli.org/events/detai...-0213C6278797/
Unfortunately sold out by the time I tried signing up Monday AM.
__________________
**** Chicago Construction And Urban Development Map ****
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2552  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2022, 4:53 PM
chicagodeckerdude's Avatar
chicagodeckerdude chicagodeckerdude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 77
spent 30 of my 47 years in chicago. Was home 10/21-10/30 staying at Hyatt at Mccormick while my gf worked a expo. I wandered and drove around looking at all the new buildings going up. Everytime I looked at this building and the 2 others next to it I cringed a little. and also Millie LOL
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2553  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2022, 5:09 PM
r18tdi's Avatar
r18tdi r18tdi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaObsessor View Post
Unfortunately sold out by the time I tried signing up Monday AM.
That's a bummer!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2554  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2022, 8:59 PM
mh777 mh777 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: River North
Posts: 68
"Salesforce" lettering being delivered today. Take your pictures now before it's too late.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2555  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2022, 2:34 AM
ithakas's Avatar
ithakas ithakas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodeckerdude View Post
spent 30 of my 47 years in chicago. Was home 10/21-10/30 staying at Hyatt at Mccormick while my gf worked a expo. I wandered and drove around looking at all the new buildings going up. Everytime I looked at this building and the 2 others next to it I cringed a little. and also Millie LOL
This building definitely sucks – it can't be overstated how disappointing the east and west elevations are, considering their prominence in the cityscape – though I think the other two buildings are pretty nice. Hopefully the denouement of the blue glass era.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2556  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2022, 3:08 AM
HomrQT's Avatar
HomrQT HomrQT is offline
All-American City Boy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hinsdale / Uptown, Chicago
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithakas View Post
This building definitely sucks – it can't be overstated how disappointing the east and west elevations are, considering their prominence in the cityscape – though I think the other two buildings are pretty nice. Hopefully the denouement of the blue glass era.
I don't think it "sucks". In most cities this would be a significantly good add. We just hope for more here, and especially for such a prominent location. This site really begged for a super tall.
__________________
1. 111 W 57 - New York City - SHoP Architects - Photo
2. American Radiator Building - New York City - Hood, Godley, and Fouilhoux - Photo
3. One Chicago Square - Chicago - HPA and Goettsch Partners - Photo
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2557  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2022, 2:42 PM
Tom In Chicago's Avatar
Tom In Chicago Tom In Chicago is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sick City
Posts: 6,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithakas View Post
This building definitely sucks – it can't be overstated how disappointing the east and west elevations are, considering their prominence in the cityscape – though I think the other two buildings are pretty nice. Hopefully the denouement of the blue glass era.
Disagree. . . this building is excellent and it can't be overstated at how well proportioned it is for the site and surrounding context. . . there is no such thing as a "blue glass era". . .

. . .
__________________
Tom in Chicago
. . .
Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2558  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2022, 4:32 PM
donnie's Avatar
donnie donnie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 584
No,no,no people, they should have built a space elevator with neon lights and a mono-rail that stretches from Navy Pier to the quad cities! Anything less would have been egregious!


I'm with Tom on this one....let it simmer a while folks
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2559  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2022, 5:41 PM
takascar takascar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie View Post
No,no,no people, they should have built a space elevator with neon lights and a mono-rail that stretches from Navy Pier to the quad cities! Anything less would have been egregious!


I'm with Tom on this one....let it simmer a while folks
Yup. Again, if anyone doesn't like this building, design one of your own, raise the 100's of mm's to buy land, get it approved by the city and have at it.

It is a strikingly beautiful addition to the skyline.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2560  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2022, 6:04 PM
pianowizard pianowizard is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SE Michigan, US
Posts: 830
The rendering from the OP looks a bit better than the real thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Forever View Post
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:05 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.