HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 7, 2022, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I'll be visiting Atlanta next week for business for four days. Staying at the Georgia Tech Hotel. Will try to snap some pics. Excited for the visit.
Keep us posted!

Old Posted Jun 7, 2022, 2:51 PM

Can someone tell us what this project is,,, QTS DC4? Looks massive?? Just saw, it is a massive Data Center.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/brasfieldgorrie

Last edited by bigstick; Jun 7, 2022 at 2:54 PM. Reason: Just saw, it is a massive Data Center

Old Posted Jun 7, 2022, 4:22 PM

Quote:
I'll be visiting Atlanta next week for business for four days. Staying at the Georgia Tech Hotel. Will try to snap some pics. Excited for the visit.
Let us know if you need any tips! Things to see, places to walk/bike, restaurants etc

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 12:50 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Arrived in Atlanta! 12 hour drive from Easton PA, started at 430 am, arrived at 433 pm, just on time.

You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge with Atlanta developments but here we go. The ones I've captured just driving around. I gotta say, Atlanta is popping! Very very busy on this Saturday.

Lots of cranes... you guys weren't kidding.

Anyways, some updates as of today (6-11-2022). Will be here for 4 days. Will try to see as much as I can.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 1:55 AM

Nice pics! Thanks for posting

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Arrived in Atlanta! 12 hour drive from Easton PA, started at 430 am, arrived at 433 pm, just on time.

You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge with Atlanta developments but here we go. The ones I've captured just driving around. I gotta say, Atlanta is popping! Very very busy on this Saturday.

Lots of cranes... you guys weren't kidding.

Anyways, some updates as of today (6-11-2022). Will be here for 4 days. Will try to see as much as I can.

Definitely try to walk, bike, or scooter the Eastside Beltline trail from Piedmont Park to roughly the Krog Street tunnel. I think you'll enjoy it.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 1:16 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Some more pics. From today, 06-12-2022.

The neighborhoods on a side note once you get off of Midtown are gorgeous. Smaller residential ones. The road layout here is very confusing so it kind of feels like the fun house going through some of these areas, but the architectural diversity is top notch. Underneath the trees, a ton of townhomes and solid density.

Although there's a ton of vagrants everywhere, a ton. That is one thing I noticed a lot of. Not really near Midtown but more downtown and the surrounding areas.

Also the amount of tuned cars is very high. Seems like everyone here has a muffler delete.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 2:36 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Definitely try to walk, bike, or scooter the Eastside Beltline trail from Piedmont Park to roughly the Krog Street tunnel. I think you'll enjoy it.
Explored the area around Piedmont Park. Had to check a map to validate but the Virginia Highland area is great. If I were to get a home down here it would be this area. That Morningside/Lenox Park was impressive. I almost got a Bergan County NJ vibe from it, reminds me of Saddle River NJ although more confusing to navigate (too many speedbumps too!). Can't help but think what allergy season must be like for you guys. Might be the rainfall and humidity but the tree coverage is very dense.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 2:05 PM

hey, welcome! i think you've posted the first pic i've seen of the new residential building going up in downtown - nice to see it has some presence from outside! also definitely a big car and tuner scene down here. hope you're having a great visit - it's suddenly gotten pretty damn hot out, lol.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 4:29 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
hey, welcome! i think you've posted the first pic i've seen of the new residential building going up in downtown - nice to see it has some presence from outside! also definitely a big car and tuner scene down here. hope you're having a great visit - it's suddenly gotten pretty damn hot out, lol.
I kind of envy the car/tuner culture down here. It's like a free for all here with the road rules . My kind of folks!

There's a lot of potential from what I gather. I do like that Midtown Connector and some of the highways you guys have.

This one freeway interchange I'm a fan of. From what I gather, its probally worth getting the Peach Pass to use the express lane.

There was some marathon yesterday and over the weekend some Pride Parade. Probably explains why downtown was so crowded.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 4:39 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
I kind of envy the car/tuner culture down here. It's like a free for all here with the road rules . My kind of folks!

There's a lot of potential from what I gather. I do like that Midtown Connector and some of the highways you guys have.

This one freeway interchange I'm a fan of. From what I gather, its probally worth getting the Peach Pass to use the express lane.

There was some marathon yesterday and over the weekend some Pride Parade. Probably explains why downtown was so crowded.

That's the one we locals fondly refer to as "spaghetti junction". Back in my GA Tech days I lived very near to there for a while.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 5:37 PM

Loving your pics and tour. When I was back in Atlanta in December for the first time in many years, the areas that really surprised me the most with the changes were Inman Park, Kirkwood and what's happening around the Pratt Pullman district.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 7:46 PM

I was on the westside of Downtown this weekend (Vine City, Bankhead, West Midtown (Howell Mill)) - and that area of town is changing and has changed a lot in last 5-10 years.....especially Simpson St (now Boone). The new park (Cook Park) was quite busy. I always appreciated the historical neighborhood feel of area. I could since a renaissance of the area.

I applaud the city (Shirley Franklin - Yes!) with smart strategic investment in infrastructure in the area. The two new parks (Cook, Westside) addressed issues with flooding and water resources while enhancing the adjacent neighborhoods. I just hope it remains affordable to long-time residents as it attracts new residents.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2022, 11:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

06-13-2022.

Some action going on in the distance.

Apparently GA tech has an observation open this Thursday (its not open all year too) but figures my last day is Wednesday.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 12:22 AM

Thank you for sharing your pics!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 12:40 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Went on a little ride recently. 06-13-2022.

Some u/c projects.

Been seeing a lot of similar types of midrises everywhere. This was near the Benz Stadium.

This looks pretty neat.

Now leasing. Must of wrapped up.

Does anybody know whats going on here??? This site is massive.

Some more of these midrises.

Bonus shot: Hard to focus on the road when all that thickness is present!!!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 1:40 AM

The massive acreage of clearing appears to be the data center expansion. A project I think we’ll be kicking ourselves for a long time, considering how much housing we could have added there.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 3:19 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Back in Easton. Nice drive back.

A farewell to Atlanta: 06-15-2022

Liking this car display.

Bonus shots to end the day off:

This rest stop in the Blue Ridge Mountains region has the perfect location.

Beautiful sunset near Lancaster PA.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 1:57 AM

In case anybody missed it, there is speculation that the low rise parking lots where MJQs, bookhouse, friends bar, chipotle and other businesses were/are is being assembled into a plot to be developed across the street from greens. Sad to see those businesses go (lots of memories there) but excited to see what will replace them.

https://atlanta.urbanize.city/post/p...vesta-chipotle

Old Posted Jul 19, 2022, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Both of those are really nice buildings!
I like the look of the Building Except all the trees or bushes around the middle section and at top. I think they could do without the trees along the tower but just my opinion lol.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations