HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1461  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 12:46 AM
HowardL's Avatar
HowardL HowardL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Lakeview, Chicago
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
Us Lakeview/Wrigleyvillians should meet up one of these days for a few tasty beverages.
Upvote! Let's do it. A pub crawl always in sight of the stadium.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1462  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 12:50 AM
left of center's Avatar
left of center left of center is offline
1st Ward
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Big Onion
Posts: 2,369
^ Can us lowly West Towners join in on the drunken debauchery?
__________________
"Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world." -Frank Lloyd Wright
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1463  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 1:37 AM
pip's Avatar
pip pip is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,019
^I guess, just bring your passport haha

I'm up for it!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1464  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 10:52 AM
glowrock's Avatar
glowrock glowrock is offline
Becoming Chicago-fied!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chicago (West Avondale)
Posts: 19,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
^I guess, just bring your passport haha

I'm up for it!
Well damn, this sounds like a party! Shall we plan this debauchery for next weekend? I'm down for this weekend, but of course it's going to be another weekend that mother nature forgot it was actually spring in Chicago!

Aaron (Glowrock)
__________________
"Deeply corrupt but still semi-functional - it's the Chicago way." -- Barrelfish
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1465  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 12:49 AM
HowardL's Avatar
HowardL HowardL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Lakeview, Chicago
Posts: 1,180
How about this Sunday? 15-April.

If I am reading the Cubs schedule correctly ... no guarantees ... we play Atlanta at 13:20.

We could plan a 14:20 meet up at one of the new, fancy, swanky spots and still have time for a quiet few pints in a few different spots before all hell breaks loose.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1466  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 12:53 AM
glowrock's Avatar
glowrock glowrock is offline
Becoming Chicago-fied!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chicago (West Avondale)
Posts: 19,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardL View Post
How about this Sunday? 15-April.

If I am reading the Cubs schedule correctly ... no guarantees ... we play Atlanta at 13:20.

We could plan a 14:20 meet up at one of the new, fancy, swanky spots and still have time for a quiet few pints in a few different spots before all hell breaks loose.
I'm down for this!

Aaron (Glowrock)
__________________
"Deeply corrupt but still semi-functional - it's the Chicago way." -- Barrelfish
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1467  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 11:02 PM
woodrow woodrow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 880
Can't make this weekend Have fun!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1468  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2018, 12:12 AM
HowardL's Avatar
HowardL HowardL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Lakeview, Chicago
Posts: 1,180
Aaron and I are in like skin. The plan is to meet at Big Star around 14:20.

Look for the dude in the black and red Trinidad and Tobago ball cap.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1469  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 6:06 PM
N830MH N830MH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,742
Hi all,

Chicago Cubs & STL Cardinals game has been postponed. Due to inclement weather. They already makeup the date is on July 21 as a doubleheader.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1470  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2018, 5:06 PM
coldru coldru is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 12
Wrigley Time-Lapse w/ Music :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_43P2HSgW4I
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1471  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 4:15 AM
N830MH N830MH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,742
Hi all,

Cubs-Cardinals game has been postponed. Due to inclement weather. They already rescheduled for tomorrow game at 1:20pm CST.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1472  
Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 1:54 PM
Vlajos Vlajos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Hi all,

Cubs-Cardinals game has been postponed. Due to inclement weather. They already rescheduled for tomorrow game at 1:20pm CST.
Thanks did you get a drink at Mordecai instead of going to the game?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1473  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2018, 4:29 AM
N830MH N830MH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Thanks did you get a drink at Mordecai instead of going to the game?
No, I never drinks. Thanks for your understanding.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1474  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 2:20 PM
lakeshoredrive lakeshoredrive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 215
Now that the Cubs isn’t going to the playoff this year, does anyone know when they will start construction on the southeastern part of the stadium where they’ll add that two story building expansion?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1475  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 3:08 PM
woodrow woodrow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 880
I have heard 2 weeks. Lucky Dorr is closing for the season, IN 2 WEEKS! Because during construction this year, the gap between the stadium and the building will be close off. Ugh. Also, no kriskindlmarkt this year.

They have not released what they are doing this off-season, but it must be more than just the SE corner. I wonder if they are going to do the upper level concourses / terraces. If the current one is limited to only Catalina Club members, then they really should offer terraces to the regular folk.

I am pretty sure they are unveiling plans for the Blue Lot as well.

Guess we will find out soon.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1476  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 3:48 PM
maru2501's Avatar
maru2501 maru2501 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 1,659
if they are really going to tear down taco bell I hope they use dynamite in a ceremony
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1477  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 4:16 PM
JK47 JK47 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
I have heard 2 weeks. Lucky Dorr is closing for the season, IN 2 WEEKS! Because during construction this year, the gap between the stadium and the building will be close off. Ugh. Also, no kriskindlmarkt this year.

They have not released what they are doing this off-season, but it must be more than just the SE corner. I wonder if they are going to do the upper level concourses / terraces. If the current one is limited to only Catalina Club members, then they really should offer terraces to the regular folk.

I am pretty sure they are unveiling plans for the Blue Lot as well.

Guess we will find out soon.

If I remember correctly this off-season they're planning on working on the upper concourses and terraces. They wanted to install concessions and restrooms on the upper concourses to ease congestion on the lower concourse. Also they have a lot of work yet to do for the various clubs and special amenities they have planned.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1478  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 2:39 PM
woodrow woodrow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 880
Lucky Dorr told yesterday there is a change in plans. Tonight is their last night for the season.

The effing fences on Waveland and Sheffield are going up today. I really hate those fences. Last winter NOTHING was going on behind them, and they weren't even using the space for staging or storage.

I am excited to see the Cub's announcement on 2018-2019 improvements.

In the shitbox south of Addison, the apartments are renting, the Baseballism store is open, the 7-11 is very close, as is the Do-Rite Chicken & Donuts. No idea about the movie theater or Lucky Strike. It looks like Harley Davidson is a couple months off, easy. I think Shake Shack is pretty close as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1479  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 6:23 PM
MegaBass MegaBass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 645
I wonder if they'll relocate Santo and Williams statues to Gallagher Way to make way for that Annex. Would make sense with that area being left field/ third base side.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1480  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2018, 2:43 AM
N830MH N830MH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive View Post
Now that the Cubs isn’t going to the playoff this year, does anyone know when they will start construction on the southeastern part of the stadium where they’ll add that two story building expansion?
Yes, unfortunately, they didn't play so well. Poor Cubbies. They will be back.

As for Cubs manager, he have one more chance to win the game. He will be back for next season.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:06 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.