HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 29, 2022, 7:33 PM

Uptown: 1661 Tanglewood Blvd Condos

Per Paco Jones

Updates and new renderings.

Quote:
35-story residential tower with 3 Levels of parking below grade. Total of 60 residential units totaling approximately 339,297 SF, with a building area of 471,384 SF (garage not included). Indoor pool and outdoor terrace deck located at Level 34. Golf simulator, sauna, fitness center, and billiards room located at Level 33.

"Such then is the human condition , that to wish greatness for one's country is to wish harm to one's neighbor" Voltaire

Old Posted Jun 29, 2022, 7:34 PM

City Centre @ Memorial City: AC Hotel

Per Urbannizer @ HAIF

Quote:
The project is a new 135,035 S.F. AC Hotel by Marriott hotel located in CITYCENTRE . The project will consist of 10 stories; 1 level of public amenities and service functions, and 9 levels of guestrooms, consisting of 243 guestrooms. Guest parking will be accommodated in an adjacent parking structure separate of this project and property.
At the main entry on the ground level, the programmatic features include the registration desk, market, library, fitness, breakfast, AC lounge, and AC bar. Also at the ground level is the back of house service spaces, including front of house admin offices, kitchen, employee breakroom, housekeeping, and mechanical/electrical spaces. Each guestroom level will comprise of 27 guestrooms, elevator lobby, housekeeping room, electrical room, and the AC hydration station,

Construction is tentatively scheduled to begin April 2023.

"Such then is the human condition , that to wish greatness for one's country is to wish harm to one's neighbor" Voltaire

Old Posted Jun 29, 2022, 7:35 PM

Hotel @ 1319 Texas Ave. Potentially good infill for downtown by Minute Maid Park:

Per Urbannizer @ HAIF

Just a new rendering, no start date or financing secured. Close to Minute Maid and many of the new residential, hotels, and bars.

https://goo.gl/maps/RMpMWCGENgZbMLpQ6

Old Posted Jun 29, 2022, 7:37 PM

Montrose: Apartments @ W. Alabama

Per Paco Jones @ HAIF

Quote:
13-story residential building. 9 Levels of residential over 4 Levels of parking. 385 units totaling 372,211 S.F. A total building area (garage not included) of 387,801 S.F. Garage has a total of 518 parking spaces. There is a 2,838 S.F. makerspace/art room with a 894 S.F. outdoor terrace at Level 3.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPlaya View Post

Per Paco Jones

I've got to say...I kind of love it.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 12:19 AM

Oooh. That top and base are real nice

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 3:24 PM

West Loop 12 Story Apartment

Per Paco Jones @ HAIF

Quote:
12-story residential building with 503 units. Total building size of 476,772 SF. 8-story parking garage.
https://goo.gl/maps/YXkNqyjYPkNiN4MX7

Pretty big complex that will be along the West Loop (610W) between I10 and 290. This area is still a lot of warehouses and industrial but it's definitely been moving towards more apartments and townhomes over the last decade due to it's central location between The Heights and Spring Branch.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 11:09 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

I love/hate that Tanglewood tower. I think the top is fugly and the stucco/eifs stuff that it looks like it will be clad in will look bad in Houston's climate.

On the flip side, I like it's general massing, the height and how slender it is, and how it can grow up on that little corner lot. It's such a Houston building.

Quote:
Pretty big complex that will be along the West Loop (610W) between I10 and 290. This area is still a lot of warehouses and industrial but it's definitely been moving towards more apartments and townhomes over the last decade due to it's central location between The Heights and Spring Branch.
Looks like a Resia/AHS project.

Fort Worth has two of those (one is nearly identical to the rendering above and the other is a bigger version with three buildings) on either side of downtown currently in the planning/permitting phase.

They take the same design and copy it over and over. It won't win any architectural awards and can't be built outside of business-friendly sunbelt cities where NIMBY's are muzzled. I like it though because it's been stated the rents for those apartments will be more middle class than luxury. Like maybe $1300. That's high but not for an urban location these days. In somewhere like downtown Fort Worth they'll add like 1200 new units full of regular people who will frequent local businesses, etc. It's a very good trend if they can break ground.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
I love/hate that Tanglewood tower. I think the top is fugly and the stucco/eifs stuff that it looks like it will be clad in will look bad in Houston's climate.

On the flip side, I like it's general massing, the height and how slender it is, and how it can grow up on that little corner lot. It's such a Houston building.

Fort Worth has two of those (one is nearly identical to the rendering above and the other is a bigger version with three buildings) on either side of downtown currently in the planning/permitting phase.

They take the same design and copy it over and over. It won't win any architectural awards and can't be built outside of business-friendly sunbelt cities where NIMBY's are muzzled. I like it though because it's been stated the rents for those apartments will be more middle class than luxury. Like maybe $1300. That's high but not for an urban location these days. In somewhere like downtown Fort Worth they'll add like 1200 new units full of regular people who will frequent local businesses, etc. It's a very good trend if they can break ground.
I'm pretty open minded about designs but not regarding the Tanglewood tower. But I know some will like it.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 2:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post

It’s being done by Resia, this will be their second project for Houston. The first recently broke ground out west in the Energy Corridor.

576-Unit Multifamily Highrise Going Up in Houston’s Ten Oaks

https://www.connectcre.com/stories/5...tons-ten-oaks/

Quote:
The development will consist of three 12-story buildings. Resia Ten Oaks will be situated in the last remaining parcel at Ten Oaks, an 83-acre master planned development in West Houston.

The three structures will be positioned on a 6.6 acre site. They’ll offer one, two and three-bedroom units that will feature open concept kitchens with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and in-unit washers and dryers. Amenities will include a pool, a multipurpose clubhouse with a 24-hour fitness center, private parking, and complimentary Wi-Fi in common areas.

The Ten Oaks development will be Resia’s first in Houston and second in Texas.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2022, 2:38 AM
Houston:Considered Good

The tanglewood condos look very cheaply designed with a badly designed top.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2022, 4:41 AM

The top is the best part! No, really. Also, I like the uniformity shaft. The bottom is just horrible. But I guess, what do you expect when you're building essentially a subdivision vertically in a suburban area. Zero street life. You certainly can't ever expect to have retail.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPlaya View Post

Per Paco Jones

reminds me of ricardo bofill's unbuilt tower in the galleria.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 12:59 AM

Here's an earlier rendering that puts the building in context with Uptown.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 1:02 AM

Oops! Deleted

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbao58 View Post
Here's an earlier rendering that puts the building in context with Uptown.

Not so bad in context with Uptown.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviationGuy View Post
Not so bad in context with Uptown.
Agreed. Not so bad. But not so good. Looks like atlanta.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Forumer View Post
Uptown Houston and Buckhead in Atlanta are essentially clones of each other.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Forumer View Post
The best I can say for it is "It could be worse."

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 1:26 AM

Can we hurry up and get to another page? Some of these renderings are cringe.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations