HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted May 24, 2022, 2:40 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Signature Bridge Highway Project Anticipated Completion Pushed Back To 2026, Cost Rising

Quote:
The massive highway rebuild and expansion currently underway in the downtown Miami area is now estimated to be completed much later than originally announced, and at a higher cost, according to the project website.

The new completion date is anticipated for summer 2026 (compared to the original fall 2023). The new budget is estimated at $840 million (it was initially $802 million).

The contract began in October 2018, with a four-year deadline to the contractor for completion.

The deadline was permitted to be extended for special events, holidays, or weather delays.

Special events include events at the Arsht Center, American Airlines Arena, Bayfront Park and Marlins Park. Other events such as the Super Bowl, Art Basel, the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, the International Boat Show, and the Miami Marathon are also allowed to push back the deadline.

In addition to a Signature Bridge with spider or fountain-like arches, the project also includes rebuilding and expanding the highway in the area, including a double-deck highway.
===================
NXT

Old Posted Jul 4, 2022, 2:02 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: volvoshine

Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 5:37 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Jan 16, 2023, 8:19 AM
Philly Pholly

A $BILLION VANITY BRIDGE is what this will be.
Adding no more lanes to the beach. I'm guessing a Lexus lane is coming.
A DOUBLE DECKER! How pleasant.
A $BILLION would have probably covered a transit line to the beach
I thought this was a boondoggle from the beginning predicting a $BILLION price tag.
Yes. It will be beautiful.
The area around it won't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUkWBvvMpAE

Last edited by SEFTA; Jan 16, 2023 at 8:32 AM.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2023, 4:30 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I-395/SR 836/I-95 DESIGN-BUILD PROJECT

Quote:
The I-395/SR 836/I-95 Project is a partnership between the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and the Miami-Dade Expressway Authority (MDX), with construction limits on State Road (SR) 836 beginning at NW 17 Avenue and continuing through the SR 836/I-395/I-95 (Midtown) Interchange to the MacArthur Causeway Bridge. The limits on I-95 are from NW 8 Street to NW 29 Street.

ANTICIPATED COMPLETION
Late 2027 *

COST
840 MILLION

Some Extra Info:

Quote:
SR 836 ENHANCEMENTS

This project is a continuation of MDX’s work program to modernize the SR 836 corridor. The enhancements on SR 836 are from NW 17 Avenue to the Midtown Interchange. These enhancements include double-decking SR 836, beginning just east of the toll gantry at NW 17 Avenue, rising over the center of SR 836, and touching down at I-395, east of the I-95 interchange.

The double-decked section will provide drivers with a direct connection to the MacArthur Causeway that is free of local entry and exit traffic.

The existing SR 836 roadway and bridges will serve as a collector distributor system that allows drivers to enter and exit from the existing local roads and I-95. This collector distributor system will reduce the existing weaving movements resulting in enhanced safety and better traffic operations on SR 836.

In addition, the existing eastbound SR 836 ramp to northbound I-95 will be widened to include an additional lane reducing the congestion that drivers currently experience.

I-95 CONCRETE PAVEMENT RECONSTRUCTION

These enhancements are from NW 8 Street to NW 29 Street and include the total replacement of the concrete pavement for both the northbound and southbound travel lanes.

An auxiliary lane will be added along northbound I-95 from north of NW 17 Street to NW 29 Street to receive the additional traffic from the eastbound SR 836 ramp to northbound I-95 and enhance the flow of traffic through the Midtown Interchange.

The project also includes the construction of a new connector ramp from southbound I-95 to westbound SR 836. This new connector ramp will enhance the flow of traffic and reduce weaving movements. This portion of the project will also enhance safety.

I-395 RECONSTRUCTION/ENHANCEMENTS

Enhancements along I-395 are from the SR 836/I-95/I-395 (Midtown) Interchange to the MacArthur Causeway, approximately 1.4 miles long. The project will completely reconstruct the existing facility and create a signature bridge that will span 1,025 feet over NE 2 Avenue and SR5/Biscayne Boulevard, redefining the Miami skyline with its six sweeping arches.

The project will create additional capacity on I-395 with a total of three through lanes in each direction and provide separate connector ramps for traffic to and from I-95. The existing I-395 eastbound off-ramps at NE 2 Avenue will be moved west to North Miami Avenue, and the westbound on-ramps at NE 1 Avenue will be shifted to the west of North Miami Avenue. NW 2 Avenue will also be reconnected under I-395, providing residents greater access.
======================
https://www.i395-miami.com/the-project/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development